• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mall's offseason predictions

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Just wanted to start a new thread. Some predictions that may happen during the offseason. First, I'm thinking the Flyers may have a very good shot at getting Weber in a blockbuster trade. Suter resigns with Nashville. Not sure who we lose here. JVR, Schenn ( possibly), and someone else. Its a stretch. Just having fun with it. Anything is possible, especially when we have good trade chips. We will get a big name here.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Just wanted to start a new thread. Some predictions that may happen during the offseason. First, I'm thinking the Flyers may have a very good shot at getting Weber in a blockbuster trade. Suter resigns with Nashville. Not sure who we lose here. JVR, Schenn ( possibly), and someone else. Its a stretch. Just having fun with it. Anything is possible, especially when we have good trade chips. We will get a big name here.

I would think they want a defenseman back also how about we sign Carle and add him in the trade

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think the flyers will pony up to get a big name this offseason.. but they really have more room than i thought, especially if the cap does go to 69 like homer expects, and prongs goes to LTIR.. that gives them almost 11 mil in space to work with

i think the big roadblock to this offseason though is the wings are gunna have like 25 mil in cap space.. if they wanted to they could outbid everyone on parise and suter.. and still have money to work with

i worry about suter though.. it appears is a fine defensemen, but if there's even a slight drop off from playing with coburn instead of weber, and he plays at a 5mil level instead 7, and you give him a huge contract.. that sucks..

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think the flyers will pony up to get a big name this offseason.. but they really have more room than i thought, especially if the cap does go to 69 like homer expects, and prongs goes to LTIR.. that gives them almost 11 mil in space to work with

i think the big roadblock to this offseason though is the wings are gunna have like 25 mil in cap space.. if they wanted to they could outbid everyone on parise and suter.. and still have money to work with

i worry about suter though.. it appears is a fine defensemen, but if there's even a slight drop off from playing with coburn instead of weber, and he plays at a 5mil level instead 7, and you give him a huge contract.. that sucks..

Yup. The Wings really like Suter. Don't think they will go after Parise. you're right though, they are sitting pretty now with cap space and a solid team already in tact.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to take the forwards for granted but what we re seeing in the playoffs are teams with solid d corps with no major injuries. Are the flyers really that far off? I believe that if mez is healthy they have a great chance at taking out the devs. Saying that adding another guy like suter couldn't hurt but in reality even another solid guy would probably be enough. I guess we will see.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they can't get Weber, then I could see them packaging JVR and a youngster for Nash. He is a high scoring winger, young, and is the type of move the Flyers like to make.
Weber is the best possible pick up. I don't know if Suter is that great of a move. Analysts put him at a slightly better player than Carle. People here don't like Carle. Imagine Carle making 5.6 per year for the next 7 years...

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can't get Weber, then I could see them packaging JVR and a youngster for Nash. He is a high scoring winger, young, and is the type of move the Flyers like to make.
Weber is the best possible pick up. I don't know if Suter is that great of a move. Analysts put him at a slightly better player than Carle. People here don't like Carle. Imagine Carle making 5.6 per year for the next 7 years...

This is an interesting idea. Not sure who I would be willing to give up for Nash in that package. With Jvr I would say no to Couts or schenn. That leaves Read, Wellwood and some ahl guys. Maybe a dman, Guss or MAB. Or how about Bob. CBJ can alway use a goalie.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cbj was looking for dmen at the deadline. Ithink they wanted a roster player, a top prospect, and a 1st.

What about jvr, gus, and bob? Or perhaps cousins in there for one of them? I dno if that's enough... If I were cbj, schenn or couturier would have to be part of the deal

I would like to add Nash though. He's a 7 mil tag though, for quite some time I think

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He makes to much money but i would love his 40 goals per if we could get him cheap and then make other moves to accomadate him.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Get Suter's rights
2) Sign him
3) Sign Scott Hannan on July 1st. Throw him on the 3rd pair.
4) Work on the system, become more defensive oriented.
5) Get Bryz his confidence back
6) Stay Healthy
7) ????????????
8) Profit, in terms of Silver Cups.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Just got in a few minutes ago and read an article by Sam Chiardi. He thinks the Flyers should go hard after Parise instead of Suter. Did not mention anything about Weber. Basically resign Carle, extend Voracek, let Jagr go. This assuming Parise doesn't resign with NJ. I like this idea. Our defense should be 100% starting next season. It's the playoffs I worry about. However, having Parise would help our PK, PP, and everything else. Very dynamic offense!