• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malik Jackson

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, but I think he went on IR. Another promising DL, but he plays inside.

Yeah, I know he's a nose tackle but I just lost track of him. Seemed like he was off to a pretty good start early in the season.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lI guess I should not be bummed We at least got to keep Wolf .. on an Excellent contract

Last edited:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know he's a nose tackle but I just lost track of him. Seemed like he was off to a pretty good start early in the season.

Agreed. Reminds me that I ought to not wring my hands over the Ware, Oz, Jackson decision. Elway and the scouting department have certainly shown the ability to uncover some gems in latter rounds of the draft, UFA, and off the scrap heap. Still hope we keep Jackson, but I realize that our FO has far greater expertise than I do. That's a good thing.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Reminds me that I ought to not wring my hands over the Ware, Oz, Jackson decision. Elway and the scouting department have certainly shown the ability to uncover some gems in latter rounds of the draft, UFA, and off the scrap heap. Still hope we keep Jackson, but I realize that our FO has far greater expertise than I do. That's a good thing.

If you add in Wolf at a really cheap price life is good.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of Our DL playing lights out is our DL Coach

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Yes LGM position Coaches make huge Differences some times.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgo didn't go to IR but was inactive the last 1/3rd of the season. Once Wolfe came back they just kind of put Kilgo on the back burner for a bit. He is definitely a promising player though so again this is where the Broncos have to just retool like they have. Seems like every year we lose players and people are saying "Well looks like the Broncos are heading downhill" yet all we do is keep winning.

The other thing to keep in mind is that this upcoming draft the deepest position is actually the DT/DE. There will be guys at the end of round 1 that could come in and start right away on our DL. I do wonder if that will play a role in what we do as the QB position is lacking so maybe Osweiler becomes a priority partly just because of so few options beyond him.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgo didn't go to IR but was inactive the last 1/3rd of the season. Once Wolfe came back they just kind of put Kilgo on the back burner for a bit. He is definitely a promising player though so again this is where the Broncos have to just retool like they have. Seems like every year we lose players and people are saying "Well looks like the Broncos are heading downhill" yet all we do is keep winning.

The other thing to keep in mind is that this upcoming draft the deepest position is actually the DT/DE. There will be guys at the end of round 1 that could come in and start right away on our DL. I do wonder if that will play a role in what we do as the QB position is lacking so maybe Osweiler becomes a priority partly just because of so few options beyond him.

^^^^This is definitely what I believe. I think finding the right quarterback to lead our offense and to fit into the system is a taller task than D-lineman that rotate in and out of a game. Elway hand-picked Osweiler four years ago to be that guy. I haven't heard him say anything to make me believe he doesn't still feel that way.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thought, since we're all drunk on defense right now. If anyone said that we can just plug in any 'ole quarterback into our offense a year ago, they probably would have been banned from posting on our page. It's still the most important position on the field.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^This is definitely what I believe. I think finding the right quarterback to lead our offense and to fit into the system is a taller task than D-lineman that rotate in and out of a game. Elway hand-picked Osweiler four years ago to be that guy. I haven't heard him say anything to make me believe he doesn't still feel that way.

I've watched a few of the QB's that would be available at our pick and while they have those moments of promise I don't think any of them would be close to what Osweiler could be for us this next year. I honestly think a full off season of Osweiler knowing he is the man and knowing this system and our players knowing exactly what system we will run I could see our offense really take off this next year and surprise some people. Losing Malik if we do will not be easy to replace but like you said QB is so much harder to find even just to find an average QB. Going to be a fun next few months to see how this team retools for another run at a Championship.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgo Is a decent NT I believe he can play DE but not going to get at QB like Jackson .. He had a sack in the preseason though so in the middle he can get at the QB... So that is a huge plus

If you want to move someone it would be Sly IMO ...I actualy think he might shine pretty well at DE.. He was getting at the QB quite a bit his Rooky year before we went to 3/4

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I think we sign Oz I just think he will be less than most people think .. he was regressing .. Teams figured out what he did and was working him .. He will m,ore than likely get himself in a way better place this off season by playing and knowing were teams were targeting his game at and improving ..but IMO that is a prove it contract.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgo Is a decent NT I believe he can play DE but not going to get at QB like Jackson .. He had a sack in the preseason though so in the middle he can get at the QB... So that is a huge plus

If you want to move someone it would be Sly IMO ...I actualy think he might shine pretty well at DE.. He was getting at the QB quite a bit his Rooky year before we went to 3/4

My guess is we will look at the top pass rushing DT/DE's in this draft to try and find that replacement. Sly did really well manning the middle and you need 2 good NT's to really make a 3-4 defense run well so having Sly and Kilgo in the middle will help. That also then means we can leave Walker more on the outside and to me he is one of the more underrated players on the roster. He won't put up huge sack numbers but is very solid against the run and did actually get some decent pressure at times. You put him with a rookie both working with Kollar this off season and I like our chances of our DL still looking dominant next year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I think we sign Oz I just think he will be less than most people think .. he was regressing .. Teams figured out what he did and was working him .. He will m,ore than likely get himself in a way better place this off season by playing and knowing were teams were targeting his game at and improving ..but IMO that is a prove it contract.

Well he was also hurt in our OL was banged up probably most during his stretch and especially Schofield was looking about as bad as can be. He didn't have the time to really do what he needed to do. Throw in an entire off season of him taking the starter reps should help him tremendously not only just timing wise but also confidence wise to know he is the man and not having to look over his shoulder of whether he will get benched.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree CD ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was also hurt in our OL was banged up probably most during his stretch and especially Schofield was looking about as bad as can be. He didn't have the time to really do what he needed to do. Throw in an entire off season of him taking the starter reps should help him tremendously not only just timing wise but also confidence wise to know he is the man and not having to look over his shoulder of whether he will get benched.

Look I agree to all this but Manning Showed you a QB can help cover up the stink of a OL... Like I said love Oz but he needs to prove a huge contract. Maybe like Manning did this year would work for me in bonus ? I Don't like him getting a huge contract on that many games is all ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I agree to all this but Manning Showed you a QB can help cover up the stink of a OL... Like I said love Oz but he needs to prove a huge contract. Maybe like Manning did this year would work for me in bonus ? I Don't like him getting a huge contract on that many games is all ..

Oh I am with you. Honestly I have changed my mind about 5 times today alone about whether we should resign Oz and lose Malik in the process. I really want to see this defense for another few years as I do think we can survive with a pretty mediocre QB at the helm as long as the run game improves. It is why I don't mind a guy like Dak Prescott as he doesn't have the greatest arm in college football but when the play breaks down he can run and I think he could at least have our offense playing at an average level. So is it worth getting him at the end of the 1st round and taking a chance that way so that we can keep our defense together? I honestly don't know. I think we are taking a risk no matter what we do. I mean like you said while Osweiler showed some promise we still don't know exactly what we have in him. Is breaking up part of this defense to sign Osweiler worth it as we KNOW this defense is elite? Can we really put a team with Super Bowl thoughts in the hands of a rookie at the most important position on the field? Like I said I am torn on so much of this. Glad I am not the one making the decision.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos get Brock signed up as the starter, it tells me that they've seen enough in practice, pre-season and this year's run to be their guy. Obviously, the FO and coaching staff have much better perspective than we do. I also agree with Crash, that he's still in the "prove it" stage when it comes to live fire. That's why I think they'll try to get a deal done that protects the team should things go awry.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer a couple questions with one, I think you keep Ware over Malik because not only the money but the leadership Ware provides doesn't grow on trees and if you want to do that " back to back " #1 defense again, those guys are essential. Plus, if you utilize Ware like they did and not over work him, he looks to have a lot left in the tank to me. I love Malik but he is going to make that difficult for Elway. I see Malik, Trev, and one of our safeties leaving unfortunately. One thing I do trust is Elway will make the best decisions possible for the franchise's future. We might not agree with some moves at first but like he's shown us in the past, he has a knack and good instincts for making insightful decisions. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer a couple questions with one, I think you keep Ware over Malik because not only the money but the leadership Ware provides doesn't grow on trees and if you want to do that " back to back " #1 defense again, those guys are essential. Plus, if you utilize Ware like they did and not over work him, he looks to have a lot left in the tank to me. I love Malik but he is going to make that difficult for Elway. I see Malik, Trev, and one of our safeties leaving unfortunately. One thing I do trust is Elway will make the best decisions possible for the franchise's future. We might not agree with some moves at first but like he's shown us in the past, he has a knack and good instincts for making insightful decisions. :)

Both safeties are under contract so won't see one of them leaving unless you are referring to Bruton but he was not really a starter.