• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malik Jackson

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I agree to all this but Manning Showed you a QB can help cover up the stink of a OL... Like I said love Oz but he needs to prove a huge contract. Maybe like Manning did this year would work for me in bonus ? I Don't like him getting a huge contract on that many games is all ..
To answer a couple questions with one, I think you keep Ware over Malik because not only the money but the leadership Ware provides doesn't grow on trees and if you want to do that " back to back " #1 defense again, those guys are essential. Plus, if you utilize Ware like they did and not over work him, he looks to have a lot left in the tank to me. I love Malik but he is going to make that difficult for Elway. I see Malik, Trev, and one of our safeties leaving unfortunately. One thing I do trust is Elway will make the best decisions possible for the franchise's future. We might not agree with some moves at first but like he's shown us in the past, he has a knack and good instincts for making insightful decisions. :)

I disagree on Ware. Yes his leadership is great and all but they have Barrett and drafted Ray for a reason. There are enough leaders on that defense like Ward and Miller. I guess it also depends what Malik is looking for plus Marshall and Trevathon. I'd like to see Ware stay and I don't know if letting him go how much money Denver would have to pay him yet but I know Denver can't afford to lose both MLB's.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD since you know more about the financial situation of the Broncos what could happen with Ware and Clady if they let them go or reconstruct there contracts to help Denver keep some of there free agents? How much could they save or not? Looking forward to your response.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not pinning this on any specific player, but there are a few things going against resigning defensive players to huge contracts coming off a season like this ..

There is obviously the complacency factor, and the fire might not be as strong - I really don';t think this aspect should be overlooked, as in truth, a lot of the success can ( and should ) be attributed to Kollar and Wade Phillips - Bringing in a player new to this team who has something to prove and who has not won it all can be a very powerful thing ..

There was a lot of concern at this time last season about resigning Knighton - questions about Pot Roast being irreplaceable on the line .... We saw how that worked out

In my view, Oz is definitely the priority ...

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I am with you. Honestly I have changed my mind about 5 times today alone about whether we should resign Oz and lose Malik in the process. I really want to see this defense for another few years as I do think we can survive with a pretty mediocre QB at the helm as long as the run game improves. It is why I don't mind a guy like Dak Prescott as he doesn't have the greatest arm in college football but when the play breaks down he can run and I think he could at least have our offense playing at an average level. So is it worth getting him at the end of the 1st round and taking a chance that way so that we can keep our defense together? I honestly don't know. I think we are taking a risk no matter what we do. I mean like you said while Osweiler showed some promise we still don't know exactly what we have in him. Is breaking up part of this defense to sign Osweiler worth it as we KNOW this defense is elite? Can we really put a team with Super Bowl thoughts in the hands of a rookie at the most important position on the field? Like I said I am torn on so much of this. Glad I am not the one making the decision.

I am with you I agree .. I think Manning might be game to keeping this D in tact and playing for another SB ..

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both safeties are under contract so won't see one of them leaving unless you are referring to Bruton but he was not really a starter.
Good Cd. Wasn't sure with Ward and Stewart. Having those two for at least SB run next yr will be key. I love Bruton too and hope he's around this season as well. Hell ! I love them all and want everyone of them back on D. :)

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not pinning this on any specific player, but there are a few things going against resigning defensive players to huge contracts coming off a season like this ..

There is obviously the complacency factor, and the fire might not be as strong - I really don';t think this aspect should be overlooked, as in truth, a lot of the success can ( and should ) be attributed to Kollar and Wade Phillips - Bringing in a player new to this team who has something to prove and who has not won it all can be a very powerful thing ..

There was a lot of concern at this time last season about resigning Knighton - questions about Pot Roast being irreplaceable on the line .... We saw how that worked out

In my view, Oz is definitely the priority ...
He was to fat and many of us were pretty high on Sly taking over. Pot Roast was fine under J.D.R. but this is Wade Phillips. Someone that knows how to utilize all his talent on defense.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it the power of suggestion -that every time I read a Malibu post - I feel like I've been to the beach?

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind Sylvester Williams and Ware are FA next year. No way we can pay 3 DL. By my calculation, if we keep Jackson, we lose our NT or we part ways with Ware after this season and maybe Ward or Talib (make room for Roby).

I think we all badly want keep Jackson, but some team is going to badly overpay him. In truth, we have so many holes, that was not really a dominant team we watched win the super bowl. Seemed like the stars just aligned right as Miller came of age. I mean the missed Car INTs, that Trevathan FR coming out of nowhere to bail out Ward. It was an amazing performance, but the team is incomplete and post-Manning we will need to determine what/who we value, we have given big deals to Wolfe, Harris, Ware, Talib, Ward, and soon a monster deal to Miller. If you add Jackson that would be 8 of 11 on big contracts.

We have to figure out what to do about Trevathan, Marshall, Jackson, and Williams next year. It's hard because everyone but Ware is under 30. I want to keep Ware, pass rushers have a good shelf life and at 35 his contract demands should be reasonable as he forces Ray to earn that pass rusher role.

I think honestly, we need to move money from the secondary to the front. Choose between Williams and Jackson. My guess is Williams even though right now most of us would probably choose Jackson.

Keep Trevathan, he honestly seems like the true heart and soul, Miller's a beast but hasn't always been the best leader (in the way a guy like Ware) I only mean by that he has struggled with some of his own decision making (personal fouls offield stuff) he may be ready, but I'd let him continue easing into that role and keep ware and Trevathan there.

The time is coming for us to say goodbye to Talib. Roby looks ready, maybe the timing is more like after next year. The decision-making sometimes is detrimental though he does give us that edginess. But eventually Roby and Harris will be the duo I think.

I'd say Ward is replaceable except decent safeties seem to be in short supply. But keeping everyone just isn't possible. Will be interesting to see what Elway does, could end up cutting Clady too honestly but that's a different thread.

Bottom line I think you either choose Jackson or Williams. Hard to go wrong either way.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. this is Wade Phillips. Someone that knows how to utilize all his talent on defense.

I think this is the point I was trying to make, as I have faith in Kollar and Wade

I don't think we need to pay Jackson what he wants ( deserves ) to keep this defense rolling

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDLewis - glad to see you here again.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kollar is king !

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD since you know more about the financial situation of the Broncos what could happen with Ware and Clady if they let them go or reconstruct there contracts to help Denver keep some of there free agents? How much could they save or not? Looking forward to your response.

I'm going to write up a big thread later on some of this but the great thing for the Broncos is they do have a ton of options that can help with all of these contracts coming due. Now to flat out cut Clady and Ware the Broncos would get $8.9 million in cap space from Clady and $10 million from Ware with under $2 million in dead money from both. Clady has already said that he is willing to take a restructure contract (now have to be careful as he didn't say pay cut but restructure. Usually when a player uses these words it sounds great but it usually means they are willing to take a lower cap hit with the promise of more money down the road).

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on the strange case of Michael Johnson... Signs one of the biggest contracts 2014.... Goes to Tampa for 1yr, then back with Cincinnati in 2015. Malik is a baller, wreaks a lot of havoc, but if he just chases the money (which is a blessing of an opportunity considering where he's come from) I wonder if he ends up in a bad situation. He's not a sack guy really, he's a guy that creates pressure sets edge well and does a great job cleaning up those missed sacks by Miller/ware or creating internal pressure to force the qb at Miller or ware. Most teams don't even have 1 guy like Miller/ware hope he doesn't put himself in bad position. Though, JDR in Oakland certainly seems logical sadly.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on the strange case of Michael Johnson... Signs one of the biggest contracts 2014.... Goes to Tampa for 1yr, then back with Cincinnati in 2015. Malik is a baller, wreaks a lot of havoc, but if he just chases the money (which is a blessing of an opportunity considering where he's come from) I wonder if he ends up in a bad situation. He's not a sack guy really, he's a guy that creates pressure sets edge well and does a great job cleaning up those missed sacks by Miller/ware or creating internal pressure to force the qb at Miller or ware. Most teams don't even have 1 guy like Miller/ware hope he doesn't put himself in bad position. Though, JDR in Oakland certainly seems logical sadly.

The whole problem is the Broncos signed Wolf early and for a discount - Now if they give Malik Jackson a much higher contract - Wolfe is unhappy - if the Broncos only offer Jackson what Wolfe is getting - Jackson is not going to be happy - many think Jackson is better than Wolfe - either way Wolf came in as the higher draft pick and Jackson is playing catchup.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole problem is the Broncos signed Wolf early and for a discount - Now if they give Malik Jackson a much higher contract - Wolfe is unhappy - if the Broncos only offer Jackson what Wolfe is getting - Jackson is not going to be happy - many think Jackson is better than Wolfe - either way Wolf came in as the higher draft pick and Jackson is playing catchup.

Stats show Wolf as better ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik had one on one ..

If he gets paid he better know Double teams are headed his way .

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolfe had a rookie signing bonus that was basically as much as Jackson earned his whole career. Jackson has made 2.3mil plus any post season young player league bonuses. He's earned this opportunity, we should be happy for him and wish him luck, he was a good player for us.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgo Is a decent NT I believe he can play DE but not going to get at QB like Jackson .. He had a sack in the preseason though so in the middle he can get at the QB... So that is a huge plus

If you want to move someone it would be Sly IMO ...I actualy think he might shine pretty well at DE.. He was getting at the QB quite a bit his Rooky year before we went to 3/4

Article on Phil Taylor ( nice call Crash )

Our own Christopher Hart thinks he could end up competing with Darius Kilgo at nose tackle, with Sylvester Williams sliding into Malik Jackson's old position.

Denver Broncos sign defensive tackle Phil Taylor and tight end Richard Gordon

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Broncos have offered Malik a 5-year/$50 million deal. He is wanting closer to $75 million. Looks like the two sides are quite a bit off right now.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3