• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malcolm Floyd or James Jones?

Who do put at the top of your claims

• Floyd

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • JJ

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hypothetically say you're 2nd in the waiver order, and you're going to cut Toby Gerhart. Hypothetically. (Milk, you shouldn't read this.)

Who would you have as your #1 claim, Floyd or Jones?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd.

I think it's a sin he's not a regular in our lineups. 11, 0, 9, 9, 16. Sure, he's not a volume guy, but he's a big play threat on a consistent basis.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im leaning that way. Id be pairing him up with Phil, which at times can be nice.

The Jones plus, he's had his bye week.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too late, I read it... And of those 2 i would go floyd too... But i am not as high on floyd as TKO is... I dont trust SD WRs, it seems they are too inconsistent...

If i had someone that i was willing to drop i would go andre holmes over both... But i dont know if i can drop anyone for a WR, especially since i am 3 games up in my division, and i am not panicing to replace Calvin...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming Lafell and Andre Holmes aren't available in your league? Would rather have either of those two as my top priority with Lafell 1 and Holmes 2.
But given the options you listed, Floyd by far over Jones

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both LaFell and Holmes are available. Hadnt considered either of them.

Both had big weeks, but why are you guys big on those two? (Holmes Two TDs seems like an anomaly, but I only watched the end of that game.)

Am I overvaluing consistantly mediocre numbersore than I should?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both LaFell and Holmes are available. Hadnt considered either of them.

Both had big weeks, but why are you guys big on those two? (Holmes Two TDs seems like an anomaly, but I only watched the end of that game.)

Am I overvaluing consistantly mediocre numbersore than I should?
For me. . And, admittedly, my track record has been hit or miss recently, but:
Lefell-Whatever Belichik was doing the first few games, and whatever he's changed since then, have equaled a ton of targets for Lafell, and he's had a moderate amount of success in the past in Carolina.. much more than anyone else outside of Edelman (Amendola doesn't count as he's Mr. Invisible in this offense). And apparently, Brady is on a mission to prove he's still elite.

On Holmes.. It comes down to the new coach. Whether Allen had something against him or not I don't know, but he's easily, IMHO, the best athlete at WR on that team, and Sporano, unlike Allen, decided to actually play him and use him. Don't forget he started showing this potential the end of last year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to Floyd, I was bigger on him coming into the season than I was Allen, funny how guys can be completely forgotten when they miss 90% of a season. He was pretty dammed good in 2012

And Jones, he's still living off his accomplishments in a Rodgers led offense. He probably is the most "polished" WR in Oakland, but Holmes has a much higher upside

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me. . And, admittedly, my track record has been hit or miss recently, but:
Lefell-Whatever Belichik was doing the first few games, and whatever he's changed since then, have equaled a ton of targets for Lafell, and he's had a moderate amount of success in the past in Carolina.. much more than anyone else outside of Edelman (Amendola doesn't count as he's Mr. Invisible in this offense). And apparently, Brady is on a mission to prove he's still elite.

On Holmes.. It comes down to the new coach. Whether Allen had something against him or not I don't know, but he's easily, IMHO, the best athlete at WR on that team, and Sporano, unlike Allen, decided to actually play him and use him. Don't forget he started showing this potential the end of last year.

Holmes had a good game too before the bye... And just remember oakland should be playing from behind a lot... Surprised a JETS fan has to sell a Raider player to a Raider fan!!! LOL...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Treff. The back to back zeros from Holmes early took him off my radar. I guess it has been quite a different story since Sporano took over.

My hangup with LaFell is Id be pairing (adding him to the same group of receivers anyway) with Edelman. Limits the options down to only three wide outs when NE has their bye.

But I need to expand my waiver options now. Only had spent time on the original two.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmes had a good game too before the bye... And just remember oakland should be playing from behind a lot... Surprised a JETS fan has to sell a Raider player to a Raider fan!!! LOL...

Naw you don't have to sell me on Holmes... He was in my lineup on two separate teams in week 16 last year. I had just forgotten about the week before the bye. Still like Lafell with Brady just slightly more, but I'd be more than content snagging Holmes as a consolation prize

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always go with the better QB when trying to decide between to close WRs.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are probably that exception... Just a strange team to ever rely on...

The receivers are more reliable than the RB's, Hoodie doesn't randomly decide to bench one and go with an obscure bench option for no apparent reason with his wideouts. But receivers in general are unreliable once you get past the top 10 or so

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The receivers are more reliable than the RB's, Hoodie doesn't randomly decide to bench one and go with an obscure bench option for no apparent reason with his wideouts. But receivers in general are unreliable once you get past the top 10 or so

yes, but the patriots are the type of team to play different styles of football regularly... Lafell is the Big play guy for the patriots, but that may not be the gameplan(it probably will be next week vs the Jets since they have a terrible secondary)...

Edelman is their volume guy, Gronk is their Redzone guy, Lafell seems to be their big play guy... I just dont see consistency with the way the patriots play the game...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as a Raider fan, you'll have to forgive me if the word reliable or consistency and any Raiders player haven't collided in the same sentence for me in about a decade.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming Lafell and Andre Holmes aren't available in your league? Would rather have either of those two as my top priority with Lafell 1 and Holmes 2.
But given the options you listed, Floyd by far over Jones

Holmes and LaFell would be my top two choices. If I were interested.

And in this particular league, you, sir, have access to our waiver list. ;)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmes and LaFell would be my top two choices. If I were interested.

And in this particular league, you, sir, have access to our waiver list. ;)

lol..well, I wasn't sure if he was referring to that particular league. And even if he was, I TRY and stay out of roster decisions since I also have direct access to your inner workings, and wouldn't want anyone to think I was conspiring with you in any way ;)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol..well, I wasn't sure if he was referring to that particular league. And even if he was, I TRY and stay out of roster decisions since I also have direct access to your inner workings, and wouldn't want anyone to think I was conspiring with you in any way ;)

Ha, never gonna happen. I can get in trouble all by myself. :rollseyes: