• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Making a Murderer

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recommend watching it. It does put the local police in a bad light. It also has some interesting courtroom drama.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so pissed when I heard that verdict....

I almost quit watching it right there. The blood sample was the clincher for me.
The blood sample was a huge issue. You're completely right.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Brendon's first lawyer was a complete jackass. I wanted to punch him right in the mouth every time he was laughing and smirking. Piece of shit was trying to back stab him the whole time.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, this thread (and the other one) just saved me 10 hours.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the other thread. That's my bad.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, someone killed that girl and her bones were found on the Avery property. One or more of them did it.
The program was painted with a brush to make it look like Avery was framed. I am not saying he is guilty or innocent.
But, look at the letters where he threatened his ex about killing her.
Look at dousing the family cat with gas and oil then throwing it in the fire. That is fucked up.
Running the gal off the road and pulling out a gun to scare her.
Whatever his reasons were for doing that stuff doesn't matter. That boy has some issues.

IMO, Avery did it!
Did the ignorant police (not all cops) just theses, decided they needed to add info (otherwise known as evidence) into the situation?
Did Avery or a family member do it, probably?
Did the local police try to frame him, absolutely. Just My Opinion.

Even though I believe Avery is an idiot and either he or his family member did it, I could not believe the responses that the JUDGE gave. Denied!!!!

It was FUN to watch, I am so PROUD that I was given a proper education. Feel sort of sorry for 'em.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, someone killed that girl and her bones were found on the Avery property. One or more of them did it.
The program was painted with a brush to make it look like Avery was framed. I am not saying he is guilty or innocent.
But, look at the letters where he threatened his ex about killing her.
Look at dousing the family cat with gas and oil then throwing it in the fire. That is fucked up.
Running the gal off the road and pulling out a gun to scare her.
Whatever his reasons were for doing that stuff doesn't matter. That boy has some issues.

Issues like spending 18 years in prison for a r*pe you did not commit? Those issues?

Seriously though, I understand your point, but Avery's lack of smarts wasn't on trial.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Issues like spending 18 years in prison for a r*pe you did not commit? Those issues?

Seriously though, I understand your point, but Avery's lack of smarts wasn't on trial.
Did I say anything regarding his intelligence?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Nightline episode on thus last night and am watching the show now (into ep 3).

So far, the show has hardly mentioned the burnt cat. Not that that makes him guilty. I am just saying the the documentary is done with a clear bias which makes it hard to accept at face value.

That said, it IS a compelling argument. Follow the money. The path leads back to the county sheriffs office.

But...

1) why did the state AG find co culpability in their investigation? How far are they claiming this conspiracy goes?
2) are they claiming that the county killed the girl for the purpose of framing him?

I assume some of these get addressed later in the series.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily think they are innocent but watched enough Law and Order to recognize reasonable doubt when I see it

The shame of all of this is that the Halbach family has to relive this nightmare all over again.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to finish it this weekend...

They never ONCE mentioned any of Steven's history with Teresa Halbach. The doc made it seem like she was just some random photographer sent to his property. In fact, she had filed numerous complaints about him for stalking and indecent exposure. He clearly had her on his radar.

There is motive.

He was a felon and had a .22 IN HIS BED ROOM (apparently the gun matches the found bullet holes in her skull).

There in means.

He was the last to see her alive.

There is opportunity.

Add in his psychopathologic tendencies (burning the cat) and the largess of the conspiracy against him, I think this is a case of Occams razor.

That said, I think it is clear that the police had tunnel-vision with him (in both cases, it appears). There is no evidence that they looked at other legit leads that did not point at him (the actual rapist in the first case and Teresa's brother or boyfriend or Steven's other nephew and brother-in-law (although that theory is a bit of a stretch as well).

IMHO, this doc is a case study of how biased story-telling can really be dangerous.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI just got the alert that Brenden Dassey's conviction was overturned. He is the nephew and the kid that got railroaded by a shitty defense lawyer.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI just got the alert that Brenden Dassey's conviction was overturned. He is the nephew and the kid that got railroaded by a shitty defense lawyer.

Hopefully Vince McMahon flies him into the next Wrestlemania, puts him in a nice hotel, and gives him ringside seats.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes it was..In fact it was apparently SO unexpected that the producers of M.A.M. weren't even there to capture the moment and the producers are now scrambling...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising. His conviction was as always "suspect" to me. The fact that he was dumb as dirt, the interview they did & used against him, & his initial lawyer left me thinking that his conviction was an injustice.

But his uncle is another story.

Last edited:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished the first 9 episodes... the show obviously thinks both are innocent but I think there would have been a mass conspiracy to have pulled that type of setup off.

Society won't be missing either of those low IQ inbreds

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to finish it this weekend...

They never ONCE mentioned any of Steven's history with Teresa Halbach. The doc made it seem like she was just some random photographer sent to his property. In fact, she had filed numerous complaints about him for stalking and indecent exposure. He clearly had her on his radar.

There is motive.

He was a felon and had a .22 IN HIS BED ROOM (apparently the gun matches the found bullet holes in her skull).

There in means.

He was the last to see her alive.

There is opportunity.

Add in his psychopathologic tendencies (burning the cat) and the largess of the conspiracy against him, I think this is a case of Occams razor.

That said, I think it is clear that the police had tunnel-vision with him (in both cases, it appears). There is no evidence that they looked at other legit leads that did not point at him (the actual rapist in the first case and Teresa's brother or boyfriend or Steven's other nephew and brother-in-law (although that theory is a bit of a stretch as well).

IMHO, this doc is a case study of how biased story-telling can really be dangerous.
Wow, didn't know she had a history with Steven. Further proves my point on how the creators of the show seemed to have been biased.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there one? Just started watching.