• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

make her run!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad serena got hurt

pretty obvious to anybody who plays tennis that she wasn't able to get full range of motion on her serve or backhand. the only people who don't understand this are either fatass couch potatoes who get their "exercise" by typing on here, or the most casual of casual tennis fans.

she's what, 32 now? not totally unexpected that she'd get injured with the crazy weather shifts

Are you really playing the age card with regard to Serena's injuries? She was injured left and right when she was in her 20s.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Again with the excuses. She lost. That's it. Deal with it.

I will like to remind all of you who are brimming with orgasmic ecstasy on the loss of Serena at the AO to temper your glee because she also lost in the first round to Makarova at last year , and came back with a vengeance winning 78-4 with 2 GS along the way. Memory is so short because I remember the same chorus of "she is fat and done" and she came back to prove all of you who hate her, wrong. Another cycle and the same chorus of boos and glee. Time will tell.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"All the haters and racists are jut racist haters!" -Serena-tards

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"All the haters and racists are jut racist haters!" -Serena-tards

Thou protests too much. By invoking the racist word to describe yourself, you are clearly reiterating your thinking. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, tonight Sharapova lost because of injury or did she just lose because she did not play well? I am waiting on the same kind of hate thrown at her too. Was her loss an excuse too? Come on now, let's hear it. Is she a moo cow too? I have seen Serena in person and she is not that large. She was ever so gracious waving to me when I got up to exit the restuarant where she and Venus were dining. I attended her match in Naples Florida and got her autograph many years ago. Her weight and size had nothing to do with her winning all of those titles and now she is chasing history. Try to see her for the champion that she is. Who have not made some mistakes? Plenty of tennis players have and I don't see all of the negative posts about them. I thought when I joined this tennis forum that things would be different from the one I was on before, but the hate is still there. I am not saying negative things shouldn't be said, but it is the things that people say and the venom they bring forth. I am so glad that I don't feel this way about people. I still recognize them as human beings and I have more compassion for people. I love to tell people that I am proud of them and enjoy their accomplishments. If they have talent, then they just have talent and that is the bottom line. Just had to have my say.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, tonight Sharapova lost because of injury or did she just lose because she did not play well? I am waiting on the same kind of hate thrown at her too. Was her loss an excuse too? Come on now, let's hear it. Is she a moo cow too? I have seen Serena in person and she is not that large. She was ever so gracious waving to me when I got up to exit the restuarant where she and Venus were dining. I attended her match in Naples Florida and got her autograph many years ago. Her weight and size had nothing to do with her winning all of those titles and now she is chasing history. Try to see her for the champion that she is. Who have not made some mistakes? Plenty of tennis players have and I don't see all of the negative posts about them. I thought when I joined this tennis forum that things would be different from the one I was on before, but the hate is still there. I am not saying negative things shouldn't be said, but it is the things that people say and the venom they bring forth. I am so glad that I don't feel this way about people. I still recognize them as human beings and I have more compassion for people. I love to tell people that I am proud of them and enjoy their accomplishments. If they have talent, then they just have talent and that is the bottom line. Just had to have my say.

How do you think they can bring themselves to hate a Russian over an American?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
racists make themselves very apparent.

they're rarely subtle.

anyhoo, yeah, i think masha was injured as well. at this stage in a major, it's hard for even greats of the game like serena and masha to win matches with an injury that severely effects movement.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player is injured once every three majors, when does it stop becoming an excuse and start becoming an attribute? I'm more than willing to except that Serena is injured, but that means that she is legitimately injury-prone. In my book, that's something that should legitimately affect her legacy.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really playing the age card with regard to Serena's injuries? She was injured left and right when she was in her 20s.

Exactly!

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player is injured once every three majors, when does it stop becoming an excuse and start becoming an attribute? I'm more than willing to except that Serena is injured, but that means that she is legitimately injury-prone. In my book, that's something that should legitimately affect her legacy.

How? Do you know exactly what you are talking about? But then again, your book is not worth the t-paper it is based on.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? Do you know exactly what you are talking about? But then again, your book is not worth the t-paper it is based on.

So it shouldn't matter that she lacked the consistency of the other elite players? We should just give her a pass because all of those losses were when she was injured?

Again, if something has happened repeatedly over someone's career, it no longer becomes an excuse and becomes a chronic problem. If we just pretend Serena's only problems are because of injury, why wouldn't we give a pass to Greg Oden or consider Ken Griffey Jr. the greatest baseball player ever? At some point, you are what your results say you are, and Serena's results say she exits tourneys earlier than the other candidates for the GOAT. Period.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it shouldn't matter that she lacked the consistency of the other elite players? We should just give her a pass because all of those losses were when she was injured?

Again, if something has happened repeatedly over someone's career, it no longer becomes an excuse and becomes a chronic problem. If we just pretend Serena's only problems are because of injury, why wouldn't we give a pass to Greg Oden or consider Ken Griffey Jr. the greatest baseball player ever? At some point, you are what your results say you are, and Serena's results say she exits tourneys earlier than the other candidates for the GOAT. Period.

Let me ask you a simple question, does it matter if the person is injury-prone and ends up with 25 GS and all the other titles? How in God's green earth does being injury prone affect legacy when you already have 17 GS and better than any of your contemporaries? It gets not only comical but pathetic to see hand-wringing by you guys over Serena anytime she loses. Only the great Martina Navratilova and Steffi Graf have a better win ratio than her and she will definitely catch up with Martina and Chris in GS very soon. Get off her back.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liberal Icon, do you argue just for the sake of seeing what you have typed? If this was a tennis match then you would be getting drubbed ( and outclassed) 6-2, 6-1. It doesn't matter if you are questioning line calls and halting play when you are losing that bad does it? :)

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you a simple question, does it matter if the person is injury-prone and ends up with 25 GS and all the other titles? How in God's green earth does being injury prone affect legacy when you already have 17 GS and better than any of your contemporaries? It gets not only comical but pathetic to see hand-wringing by you guys over Serena anytime she loses. Only the great Martina Navratilova and Steffi Graf have a better win ratio than her and she will definitely catch up with Martina and Chris in GS very soon. Get off her back.

Are we talking about the reaction to a Grand Slam she won? No, we aren't, doofus. We are talking about whether her Grand Slam loss is more acceptable than others because she was "injured." And when you are always injured, or at least injured one slam per year, it is no longer an acceptable excuse. You are what you are, which is a talented player who wins a lot but is also prone to sporadic bad losses and injuries.

Serena is obviously the best of her era. That goes without saying. We now have to judge her against the other legitimate GOAT candidates: Evert, Navratilova, Court, King, and Graf. At the end of the day, all of those players were more consistently dominant than Serena. Serena gets props for being a threat in majors for a long time, but she is too inconsistent to come close to at least Chrissy and Martina, and probably Graf and Court as well. And she isn't ever going to pass Evert, Graf, or Martina in winning percentage. Martina's at 87%, Graf is at 88%, and Evert is at 90%. Serena is at 85%. Even with the insane years she has had in 2012 and 2013, she'd have to repeat those until her 35th birthday to catch Martina and Graf. It's just not going to happen.

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long have you followed tennis? You cannot give an example of any whining, excuses or being a sore loser. It is in the figment of your imagination. You have said the same thing about both Serena and Venus before in another thread. You were unable to give any factual evidence except repeat the same thing. I am not so sure your animus towards Serena, but it mind-boggling that you continue to repeat the same thing over and over again without any facts backing them up.

Like I said he's a typical Republican using talking points with nothing to back up those points. You remember Obamacare - repeal and replace, but when you ask them replace it with what they have no answer or solution.

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about the reaction to a Grand Slam she won? No, we aren't, doofus. We are talking about whether her Grand Slam loss is more acceptable than others because she was "injured." And when you are always injured, or at least injured one slam per year, it is no longer an acceptable excuse. You are what you are, which is a talented player who wins a lot but is also prone to sporadic bad losses and injuries.

Serena is obviously the best of her era. That goes without saying. We now have to judge her against the other legitimate GOAT candidates: Evert, Navratilova, Court, King, and Graf. At the end of the day, all of those players were more consistently dominant than Serena. Serena gets props for being a threat in majors for a long time, but she is too inconsistent to come close to at least Chrissy and Martina, and probably Graf and Court as well. And she isn't ever going to pass Evert, Graf, or Martina in winning percentage. Martina's at 87%, Graf is at 88%, and Evert is at 90%. Serena is at 85%. Even with the insane years she has had in 2012 and 2013, she'd have to repeat those until her 35th birthday to catch Martina and Graf. It's just not going to happen.

What you are saying makes no damn sense whatsoever....are you serious!!!!:wtf2:

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liberal Icon, do you argue just for the sake of seeing what you have typed? If this was a tennis match then you would be getting drubbed ( and outclassed) 6-2, 6-1. It doesn't matter if you are questioning line calls and halting play when you are losing that bad does it? :)

Getting drubbed by who? Are you for real? Just go through the thread and tell me who drubbed me. The typical nonsensical response from Serena hater quoting what happened sometime ago emotionally on the field that many tennis legends such as Agassi and Martina Navratilova have done the same if even you discount the temper tantrums of John Mac. Throughout their careers they have been known to be epitome of all that is decent in the sport rarely challenging calls even those which go their way with the exception of Serena's out burst in that incident that was not characteristic of her.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf2: Here, you can read this from one of the experts on tennis:

No one has played better tennis qualitatively than Serena Williams - Jon Wertheim - SI.com

"Evert and Navratilova, you say, both would have won many more titles, were it not for the existence of the other. OK, but how many more Slams would Serena have won if she didn't have to face her sister, infinitely weirder than a non-blood-related rival? Serena is playing during a "soft" period in tennis history, you say, as evidenced by her winning Wimbledon without being tested. I disagree. Serena has often had to go through the best to win (Davenport, Sharapova, Venus, Henin). Is, say, Vera Zvonareva, really a worse player than the Helena Sukovas or Zina Garrisons that other contenders often faced in finals?
Serena has the most fearsome serve -- i.e. the most important stroke -- in women's tennis history, and it would be the case even if everyone used the same technology. (She uses natural gut strings by the way.) She is the best athlete in women's tennis history, likely the fastest and the strongest. And she competes as well as any athlete -- not tennis player; athlete -- you'll ever come across."

Read More: No one has played better tennis qualitatively than Serena Williams - Jon Wertheim - SI.com

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wertheim is an idiot and never considered his biased rambling worth my time. And SI is a worthless mag.