• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Major award predictions. Isn't it time to start this convo?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm noticing nobody has started a major award winner thread and with only a quarter of tge season left, maybe we need to. For me, there's a lot of obvious ones but as always, things could change down the stretch so here goes nothin'.
MVP- Aaron Rodgers likely running away with it but Mahomes and Josh Allen (never saw that coming) gonna be in the discussion.
COTY-Flores looks to be likely candidate with Stefanski and McDermott in the mix
OPOY- RBs don't win MVPs any more so going to say Derek Henry
DPOY- Going to go with Aaron Donald winning his 3rd.
OROY- Justin Jefferson, lots of good ones out there but this kid is above all, imo.
DROY- Chase Young , easy choice.

I guess executive, ST, asst coach awards. They seem kind of secondary to me but have at it guys.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP- I have Rodgers in a tighter race with Mahomes, Allen had some middle games this season that put him a level below those 2

COY- I’d go Stefanski now over Flores, but I’ll stick to my assertion that BB deserves more serious consideration than he is getting

OPOY- Henry edging out Chubb and Davonte

DPOY- I’ll take TJ Watt over Jalen Ramsey, honorable mention my homer pick James Bradberry, what a year that guy has had

OFRookie- Yup Jefferson, Claypool tailed out of this discussion

DFRookie- Yup Chase, not close

CMPlayerOY- Alex Smith, Doh!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP- I have Rodgers in a tighter race with Mahomes, Allen had some middle games this season that put him a level below those 2

COY- I’d go Stefanski now over Flores, but I’ll stick to my assertion that BB deserves more serious consideration than he is getting

OPOY- Henry edging out Chubb and Davonte

DPOY- I’ll take TJ Watt over Jalen Ramsey, honorable mention my homer pick James Bradberry, what a year that guy has had

OFRookie- Yup Jefferson, Claypool tailed out of this discussion

DFRookie- Yup Chase, not close

CMPlayerOY- Alex Smith, Doh!
Yeah. I meant to mention comeback player. Figured it was Big Ben's to lose early on but now it's pretty much a lock for Smith.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers and mahomes is a toss up at this point.

Comeback player of the year Alex Smith in a landslide. Incredible story

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP- Carson Wentz - Called it back in the offseason and this season has just been endless confirmation.
COTY- Doug Pederson - The way he designs offenses to bring the best out of his players and play the best of his players is masterful. 4D chess move type decisions too like taking a tie instead of trying for the win in OT.
OPOY- RBs don't win MVPs any more so going to say Miles Sanders. He has followed up a good rookie year with an unstoppable sophmore year as the Eagles have fed him the ball a tremendous amount and results speak for themselves.
DPOY- Darius Slay has was traded and signed for to be a playmaking CB who shows off his ability to get interceptions but instead he turned out to be a stone cold Revis style shutdown corner plays the cover game and doesn't get a single interception all season.
OROY- Jalen Reagor - The potential is undeniable. He's been the benefit of playing with a QB that has been so in the zone like Carson Wentz this season and it shows. And the confidence that Wentz has in this young rookie just jumps out at you. He has so much confidence he doesn't care how covered might be, he will literally throw it right to the defender. Just incredible ability by Jalen to draw those passes.
DROY - Davion Taylor - How is it not? While some might try to start a disinformation campaign about the 3rd round rookie LB by saying someone who has played so few snaps should not be DROY or the fact that the one stand out play he made was on special teams and not defense. But that's just classic Russian disinformation. Fact is Davion Taylor showed in that one single play he made this season proves he is defensive rookie of the year even if he can't earn his way on the field on the team with the worst LBs in the league.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP - Rodgers or Mahomes... 2-horse race
COTY - Tomlin, Flores, Stefanski... Tough call.
OPOY - Cook, Kamara, Adams, Wilson... Tough call
DPOY - TJ Watt or Donald, Garrett has an outside shot right now
OROY - Jefferson or Herbert. Jefferson right now.
DROY - Young... Winfield was up there, but he's not on Young's level anymore.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP: Aaron Rodgers should easily lead the Packers to 13-3 mark, plus he has fancy stats, if he doesn't Mahomes gets it.
OPOY: Patrick Mahomes
DPOY: TJ Watt will probably win it, because I can see Ramsey taking votes from Donald.
OROY: Some guy named Justin, Herbert because the media has a hard on for qbs.
DPOY: Chase Young, Jordan Fuller who it should be.
Coach: Brian Flores, some good coaches, this will come down to the wire
Comeback: Alex Smith, I heard some Cleveland sports radio show talk about Myles Garrett should be a nominee, I wanted to jump through the radio and grab a helmet and start swinging. Garrett is a joke of a person, trying to use a race card as a cop out to his thuggish behavior.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you that posted with predictions need to make a change. I guess they want to rename the MVP award and have it named the Mahomes Award

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP- Carson Wentz - Called it back in the offseason and this season has just been endless confirmation.
COTY- Doug Pederson - The way he designs offenses to bring the best out of his players and play the best of his players is masterful. 4D chess move type decisions too like taking a tie instead of trying for the win in OT.
OPOY- RBs don't win MVPs any more so going to say Miles Sanders. He has followed up a good rookie year with an unstoppable sophmore year as the Eagles have fed him the ball a tremendous amount and results speak for themselves.
DPOY- Darius Slay has was traded and signed for to be a playmaking CB who shows off his ability to get interceptions but instead he turned out to be a stone cold Revis style shutdown corner plays the cover game and doesn't get a single interception all season.
OROY- Jalen Reagor - The potential is undeniable. He's been the benefit of playing with a QB that has been so in the zone like Carson Wentz this season and it shows. And the confidence that Wentz has in this young rookie just jumps out at you. He has so much confidence he doesn't care how covered might be, he will literally throw it right to the defender. Just incredible ability by Jalen to draw those passes.
DROY - Davion Taylor - How is it not? While some might try to start a disinformation campaign about the 3rd round rookie LB by saying someone who has played so few snaps should not be DROY or the fact that the one stand out play he made was on special teams and not defense. But that's just classic Russian disinformation. Fact is Davion Taylor showed in that one single play he made this season proves he is defensive rookie of the year even if he can't earn his way on the field on the team with the worst LBs in the league.

This was interesting...