• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Magic Johnson steps down

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much does Magic stepping down have to do with all the agents telling Pelinka there’s no way in hell their clients want to play with Lebron?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEBron signed with the Lakers about 9 months ago

who would have thought that 9 months later MAgic would be gone, Luke would be imminently gone, and the Lakers would have finished below .500 and missed the playoffs?
I don't think they will fire Luke Walton - Lakers found out that Anthony Davis liked Walton and LeBron has said as much of the same. Walton has made a few mistakes, but he was right when he told Magic they should sign Julius Randle and keep Lopez another year.

I just pray to the basket ball gods that Jeanie does give the job to Phil Jackson - That jack ass asked the Lakers to trade Kobe Bryant for Jason Kidd after the Lakers had one of their three championships.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic made some mistakes, but he was considerably better then the Jim Buss fiasco for sure

He signed LeBron and drafted Kuzma - to really great decisions

probably should have kept Mitch Kupchak - I don't know about Pelinka and how he is going to work out

Should have signed Randle on a two year or three year deal - that dude is really playing good

I hated it that he gave up on Russell so quickly, but the Lakers had to unload some salary

Lakers should have drafted the Tatum dude install of the Ball

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he'd step down if he didn't restore the Lakers to their former glory.....

He did the right thing. But c'mon, he did it in the worst way possible.

Good that he kept his word despite the fact that he could have used the injuries as an excuse.

Good that he did it early enough so that they can get someone in place before FA starts.

But you don't do it by holding an impromptu press conference when you haven't informed anyone else in the organization.

End of the day, he's spread too thin and either couldn't or didn't want to dedicate the time it takes to run an NBA franchise.

Lost a lot of respect for him for handling it this way.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats like saying Syphilis is better than AIDS
I don't think Magic was quite that bad, come on now - and every one makes mistakes. I will be happy if we just don't end up with Phil Jackson.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Lakers hired David Griffin I would legitimately be worried about them having some very strong future success- eventually.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did the right thing. But c'mon, he did it in the worst way possible.

Good that he kept his word despite the fact that he could have used the injuries as an excuse.

Good that he did it early enough so that they can get someone in place before FA starts.

But you don't do it by holding an impromptu press conference when you haven't informed anyone else in the organization.

End of the day, he's spread too thin and either couldn't or didn't want to dedicate the time it takes to run an NBA franchise.

Lost a lot of respect for him for handling it this way.
Magic is saying this is the best time because now they can find some one to work at who to draft and start their game plan for free agency - I will be happy enough if Phil Jackson doesn't replace Magic Johnson. I'd prefer to see Jeanie take the helm like her dad did.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its too funny

9 months ago MAgic was saying "we are not gonna do it like Cleveland"

9 months later, hes gone, Walton is gonna get the ole chop, LeBron suffered the worst injury of his career, the Lakers finished under .500 and missed the playoffs for the 6th straight season. Lonzo Ball cant stay healthy. Brandon Ingram got suspended the first game of the season for throwing a punch and then missed the last 2 weeks with a serious health issue. Jeanie Buss is quoting the "fake news" like Donald Trump. Rich Paul is hijacking the franchises trade talks.

its a shit show.

just crazy.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic is getting out, he sees where this shit show is going and is jumping ship early...I must say he has better vision that i thought lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,531.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic is saying this is the best time because now they can find some one to work at who to draft and start their game plan for free agency - I will be happy enough if Phil Jackson doesn't replace Magic Johnson. I'd prefer to see Jeanie take the helm like her dad did.

You said that already, Stuttering Steve.