• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Madrigal on 60 day dl possibly out for the year

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting pitching and pickups, bubblegum, bailing wire, smoke and mirrors all combined into one solid baseball team package.

On the positive side:

1) Grandal has his HR stroke back
2) Vaughn is already a dangerous hitter, but gets better by the day
3) Abreu is probably the most prideful player I've seen play
4) Moncada is steady - blends power, switch hitting, bat control and ability to adjust to the plate.
5) Mercedes can be counted upon for something between his April stats and his May stats - which is pretty good
6) Engle hit a HR last night, but over the last three seasons he has become a major league hitter and few have noticed
7) Jake Lamb - much to my surprise has also settled in nicely to his role and has produced.
8) Mendick - is a good pairing with Lamb between righties and lefties.

Trade deadline - Diamondbacks are in a tailspin - Ketel is a accomplished hitter and can give you excellent 2nd base and CF help. I suspect bullpen and 2nd base may be target areas for help.
Your point about Lamb is a good one. We were all wondering why he was on the roster not too long ago.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm hopeless because i see things as they are and not as i'd like them to be? ok ... i'm hopeless.
No, you're hopeless because you don't realize the average BA for MLB in 2021 at the moment is .236

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're hopeless because you don't realize the average BA for MLB in 2021 at the moment is .236
actually i DO realize that. what's your point? that sub .200 averages are "close enough" to average? because i disagree!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference between Grandal to average is basically the difference between a batting champion and a .250 hitter...How is bringing this up helpful? You get no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Grandal to average is basically the difference between a batting champion and a .250 hitter...How is bringing this up helpful? You get no points and may God have mercy on your soul.
Have no fear dear Mingo

1623442786869.png

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this post is sent with all due affection for my fellow sox fans and i mean that …….. but i know you’ll hate this post anyway.

grandal has 1 home run in the past 5 games. for the year he has 10 hr’s in 44 games or 1 every 4.4 games. in other words he has no more of a home run stroke than he’s had all year. not getting better.

vaughn is not getting more dangerous. he’s actually getting less dangerous, despite suggesting when all the adjustments are taken into account. i don’t expect he won’t improve … but at this time, he isn’t! not getting better.

i'll give you moncada, tho he is no living up to my expectations.

as for abreu … “hitting the ball hard” is an excuse used to suggest nothing has changed. when adam dunn hit the ball he also hit the ball hard! fact is abreu’s k-rate is higher than any other time in his career. calling him ‘most prideful’ leaves me hanging. what’s it suppose to mean? we expect abreu to be really good. lately he hasn’t been. not getting better.

engel hit well last year …. but it was only 88 ab’s, hardly indicative of his general average of less than .220. there’s no reason to see him as a positive other than his fielding. if that changes then i’ll sign on with this one. not getting better

mendick? you see him as a positive? i don’t know what to say to this. i guess every team in the game has positives like mendick hanging around. not getting better

lamb is lamb. hits a hr every 25 or so ab’s. not counting 45 games in 2020 he hasn’t hit .250 since 2015. neither lamb nor mendick are positives. they play because our real positives are out! not getting better

fielding and hitting aren’t much to talk about. the only real positive is starting pitching and crochet & hendriks. team is not getting better.

i write this because the very thing you guys (you know who you area) go on about are how great things look. i can see the standings! i can also see the injuries piling up and they aren’t meaningless. when you write about something like “the positive side” what you’re actually doing is blowing smoke up your own asses. a 5 game lead in early june means almost nothing! the team isn’t getting better … it’s getting worse. as a fan it worries me. it should worry you!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually i DO realize that. what's your point? that sub .200 averages are "close enough" to average? because i disagree!
LOL - sub .200 numbers based off what? 50 plate appearances - you could take 50 plate appearances out of any great hitters 500 at bats in a year and find a skid like that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go away he's talking about Mendick - you have Grandal dominating your psyche.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go away he's talking about Mendick - you have Grandal dominating your psyche.

You slithery little bastard.

I'll allow it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three unrealistic trade options to replace Madrigal, and that's assuming we don't fill it internally with a Garcia*/Mendick/Lamb type of platoon:

Mind you, all three would be excellent replacements, and therein lies the problem. First off, this is all conjecture of course, as there are no firm rumors out there that any of these players are on the trading block, altho it wouldn't be surprising if they eventually are due to their respective teams' standings. But assuming any of them will be available for trade, it would cost us dearly for their services in prospect/player value. For Story, he'd be strictly a rental, which is fine since we only need the replacement for the remainder of this season. Yes, he's a SS but I'm sure he'd have zero problems taking over at 2nd, especially knowing he'll hit the market at season's end in anticipation of a fatty contract. And yet he'd still cost dearly in trade capital.

It would cost us even more to acquire either Frazier or Marte, being they're both under contract beyond this season - Frazier thru '22 and Marte thru '24 (The Snakes have options on his last two years). Considering we really only need a replacement for this year and assuming we'd pony up the personnel to obtain either player, what happens to them after this season? Someone would eventually have to go.....maybe. Since Marte is primarily an OF, it's reasonable to think that he plays a combination of 2b and OF for this year, then shift over primarily to RF or LF next year.

So the costliest, but perhaps most logical long term fit is Marte. The best short term fit and likely least expensive is Story. The least sensible fit, but still a good one is Frazier. And each one would cost us a bundle.

*I don't mind spelling errors when it's we schlepps doing the misspelling. But when so-called journalists can't even employ spellcheck prior to spitting out their articles, that's embarrassing. Garica? Good grief.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting pitching and pickups, bubblegum, bailing wire, smoke and mirrors all combined into one solid baseball team package.

On the positive side:

1) Grandal has his HR stroke back
2) Vaughn is already a dangerous hitter, but gets better by the day
3) Abreu is probably the most prideful player I've seen play
4) Moncada is steady - blends power, switch hitting, bat control and ability to adjust to the plate.
5) Mercedes can be counted upon for something between his April stats and his May stats - which is pretty good
6) Engle hit a HR last night, but over the last three seasons he has become a major league hitter and few have noticed
7) Jake Lamb - much to my surprise has also settled in nicely to his role and has produced.
8) Mendick - is a good pairing with Lamb between righties and lefties.

Trade deadline - Diamondbacks are in a tailspin - Ketel is a accomplished hitter and can give you excellent 2nd base and CF help. I suspect bullpen and 2nd base may be target areas for help.
When Grandal's historically bad BABIP luck turns around - he will go on a tear. One the highest hard contact rates in the league. Kind of incredible that he's still Fangraphs best rated catcher in baseball right now, despite all of that. .160 average with a .400+ OBP and OPS pushing the mid 800's. One of only two catcher's pacing for a WAR over 3. What a weird season for him so far, but it's working.

The Grandal haters are eating their crow. As I told them that they would.

You also forgot to praise our pitching. Which will always keep us in any game/series.

And yes, I foresee a deal for either Ketel Marte or Adam Frazier on the horizon.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Grandal's historically bad BABIP luck turns around - he will go on a tear. One the highest hard contact rates in the league. Kind of incredible that he's still Fangraphs best rated catcher in baseball right now, despite all of that. .160 average with a .400+ OBP and OPS pushing the mid 800's. One of only two catcher's pacing for a WAR over 3. What a weird season for him so far, but it's working.

You also forgot to praise our pitching. Which will always keep us in any game/series.

And yes, I foresee a deal for either Ketel Marte or Adam Frazier on the horizon.
If you would have said when the '21 campaign got under foot that our rotation would be the team's salvation up to this point in the season, I might not have laughed, but I probably would have offered a bit of a snicker. Yet this unit has been without question the strongest.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first two words - were Starting Pitching in my post, but thanks for playing.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he just rags on the team nonstop no matter how well they are doing