• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Madrigal on 60 day dl possibly out for the year

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m fine with mendick at 2nd going forward. He was great last yr when he got regularly playing time. They need an outfielder bad

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, the Giants board has one too. And we tease him for it. And they both think they are just 'seeing things clearly'.

Dump the Giants and go full Good Guys...Ain't got no time for none of that National League/2nd Team bullsh*t.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dump the Giants and go full Good Guys...Ain't got no time for none of that National League/2nd Team bullsh*t.
Agreed - there is but one course of action here.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I was born in Chicago, lived north side but my dad was a Sox fan to be different and he liked Early Wynn. Went to the final game of the 1959 World Series. Etc.

So I grew up a Sox fan. But I moved away age 9. Went to Cal age 18 and started getting into the Giants. Now I rep both, lived in SF over 30 years. And there's no conflict or overlap, except maybe the 1997 'White Flag' trade.

Weird part is I cannot remember a year where both teams were playoff teams. Might have happened but I can't remember.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I was born in Chicago, lived north side but my dad was a Sox fan to be different and he liked Early Wynn. Went to the final game of the 1959 World Series. Etc.

So I grew up a Sox fan. But I moved away age 9. Went to Cal age 18 and started getting into the Giants. Now I rep both, lived in SF over 30 years. And there's no conflict or overlap, except maybe the 1997 'White Flag' trade.

Weird part is I cannot remember a year where both teams were playoff teams. Might have happened but I can't remember.
I also went to Cal - and graduated from Cal (there was a two year period - in between - where the US government decided it needed me for two years of service in the US Army and Cal decided my rioting for peace was not an allowable student activity).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also went to Cal - and graduated from Cal (there was a two year period - in between - where the US government decided it needed me for two years of service in the US Army and Cal decided my rioting for peace was not an allowable student activity).
Dang dude, Go Bears and thank you for your service!

I honestly don't know what I'll do if these teams meet in the World Series. Never even been a possibility before.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang dude, Go Bears and thank you for your service!

I honestly don't know what I'll do if these teams meet in the World Series. Never even been a possibility before.
I had that problem growing up between the old Baltimore Colts and the Denver Broncos when the leagues merged.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had that problem growing up between the old Baltimore Colts and the Denver Broncos when the leagues merged.
Did they ever face off in the Super Bowl?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they ever face off in the Super Bowl?
No, but the first time they played head to head - the Colts were 9-0 and the Broncos 8-1 - I rooted for the Broncos as it turned out I was more emotionally attached to them having seen them growing up - even owning stock at one point.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know how you do that.

I tried...So so hard to adopt the Dolphins as a second NFL team since I live in Dolphin territory. The chances that the Bears/Dolphins meet in a Super Bowl (ie an important game rather than a regular season game once every 4 years) is a snowball's chance in hell.

I mean...I gave it a legit effort.

That team would lose in the most insane ways. And I felt nothing. Zero...Nada. If the Sox get their side struck out in a single inning I want to smash every fragile item in my house. You just can't replicate that. One team per sport...It's all my heart can handle is my guess or I'll die from a stroke. Probably some sort of internal emergency protection apathy to keep me above ground.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you do that.

I tried...So so hard to adopt the Dolphins as a second NFL team since I live in Dolphin territory. The chances that the Bears/Dolphins meet in a Super Bowl (ie an important game rather than a regular season game once every 4 years) is a snowball's chance in hell.

I mean...I gave it a legit effort.

That team would lose in the most insane ways. And I felt nothing. Zero...Nada. If the Sox get their side struck out in a single inning I want to smash every fragile item in my house. You just can't replicate that. One team per sport...It's all my heart can handle is my guess or I'll die from a stroke. Probably some sort of internal emergency protection apathy to keep me above ground.
Everyone gets to be a fan however they want. It works for me. It helps that I'm middle aged and a dad now, sports are not nearly as important to me as when I was young. No need to smash things or have any strokes for me LOL

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3