• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Machado finally signd

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they have? They already have a shortstop and no way with the luxury tax they'd get nailed with. Besides, they need to worry about resigning Sale, Xander, Mookie... etc
i was implying that he couldn't have signed with a winner.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was implying that he couldn't have signed with a winner.

If the Yankees didn't sign Tulo (hoping to catch fire). I easily could have seen him going there. But I get what you meant now

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox ownership is among the cheapest in the sport. They practically guaranteed they’d finally spend. Always the bridesmaid. For shit’s sake, the GM said today we should be proud of their pursuit. Tell me that isn’t fucked three ways to Sunday.

It surprises you or anyone else that the Sox didn't pay a single player-on the tail-end of a 62 win season-one of the most lucrative contracts in MLB history? (Mind you, a player that is not nearly as guaranteed as, say, Arod in his prime...which had a similar contract that ended poorly)

It doesn't surprise me.

Might as well roast the sky for being blue and the sun for rising in the east while you're at it. Wasted effort.

If we were going to pay a guy big bucks, Sale was there for the taking. He was a homegrown guy that was proven. Pay that kind of guy. To not do that and then follow up with a guy with a top 5 (I think) contract all-time from the f*cking Dodgers seems ridiculous to me.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they have? They already have a shortstop and no way with the luxury tax they'd get nailed with. Besides, they need to worry about resigning Sale, Xander, Mookie... etc

Sale is a fag.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It surprises you or anyone else that the Sox didn't pay a single player-on the tail-end of a 62 win season-one of the most lucrative contracts in MLB history? (Mind you, a player that is not nearly as guaranteed as, say, Arod in his prime...which had a similar contract that ended poorly)

It doesn't surprise me.

Might as well roast the sky for being blue and the sun for rising in the east while you're at it. Wasted effort.

If we were going to pay a guy big bucks, Sale was there for the taking. He was a homegrown guy that was proven. Pay that kind of guy. To not do that and then follow up with a guy with a top 5 (I think) contract all-time from the f*cking Dodgers seems ridiculous to me.
The Sox need to do something. Bringing in a ton of prospects isn’t “doing something” since it doesn’t and might never equate to anything.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they have short stop locked down, might as well trade Tatis Jr to the Mets for Thor.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember Southsidehitman. In fact, I just assumed that was you
Probably one of my cousins from the burbs that makes it to two games a year and hates the Cubs more than he likes the Sox.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one always perplexed me. I was convinced that was someone's alt, but then there was a pretty large group of members that carried on conversations with him that made we wonder if he was legit
I always assumed you created the parody account Alacrayon, which we all loved so much. Don’t think alacran was a fan though.