• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Machado finally signd

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always assumed you created the parody account Alacrayon, which we all loved so much. Don’t think alacran was a fan though.
See, that was it! The way he responded to things was just odd enough to leave me in doubt.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always assumed you created the parody account Alacrayon, which we all loved so much. Don’t think alacran was a fan though.
I can't take credit for Alacrayon. Might have been Atro?

As a rule, I usually blame everything odd, unexplained, or overtly offensive on Atro

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect song for Manny.....

I'm gonna' jack it where the sun always shines.
(He's gonna jack it)
Been spreading the word and now I need to ease my mind
(jackin' it, oh)
Been planting apple seeds, and while the apples grow
I'm gonna go out jackin' it in San Diego.

Jackin' it, jackin' it, jackety-jack
Spankin' it, jackin' it, spankety-smack.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres are gonna regret this one.

Dude is a whiny bitch that cried about being tagged too hard, admits that he doesn't hustle in the playoffs when he's playing for a contract. The dude got paid. Dude won't have the motivation anymore. He's gonna get out of shape, and then those prior knee issues will start to pop back up, he'll opt back in after 5 years because his performance won't get him anything close to more money if he opts out, and the Pads will be stuck with a clubhouse distraction whiny bitch with an unmovable contract.

He's an excellent defensive third baseman, and a defensive liability at short, but he insists on playing short, because you know, he's not a team player.

He has enough raw talent to carry him for a few years, but he's gonna fall off the map long before the end of this contract.

I bitch about the Braves not making moves, but I'd have rather done nothing than bring this tool in.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres are gonna regret this one.

Dude is a whiny bitch that cried about being tagged too hard, admits that he doesn't hustle in the playoffs when he's playing for a contract. The dude got paid. Dude won't have the motivation anymore. He's gonna get out of shape, and then those prior knee issues will start to pop back up, he'll opt back in after 5 years because his performance won't get him anything close to more money if he opts out, and the Pads will be stuck with a clubhouse distraction whiny bitch with an unmovable contract.

He's an excellent defensive third baseman, and a defensive liability at short, but he insists on playing short, because you know, he's not a team player.

He has enough raw talent to carry him for a few years, but he's gonna fall off the map long before the end of this contract.

I bitch about the Braves not making moves, but I'd have rather done nothing than bring this tool in.
I guess they could, but Machado has been one of the best players in baseball for years and fills the need at 3B(Having FTJ coming up to play SS makes it seem like he will play at his best position unless they try Tatis at 3rd). The team needs talent including guys who make an impact on offense and he does that, and the fanbase is desperate for them to contend with the NFL team gone. He's not the most outstanding citizen and if he doesn't care after getting paid then the Padres will probably regret it, but that's the kind of risk you take signing anybody to a contract like this. If he is motivated then the team could be legit contenders in a year or two in part because of Machado. Time will tell whether the risk paid off or not.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes to show you who is calling the shots now and it is the owners, not the players. Machado, in order to get the money he wanted, had to sign with a doormat club. He and Harper thought all the marquee teams would be beating down their doors but boy were they wrong.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
62 win team.

Franchise whose largest contract in history is 68 million.

We bring up Cy f*cking Young in our farm system a handful of years back...dump him in his prime for a handful of "maybe one of these guys is the next Cy f*cking Young" players.

This was never going to happen if some team was spending 300 million. Simple as that.

Honestly, I find it actually better that we didn't sign him. We'd be f*cked for two decades playing minor leaguers in half of our roster spots if he had a career ending injury. At least now we still have hope we can pull of a Twins/2005 ChiSox like miracle with a bunch of homegrowns and a splash signing if we find ourselves back in the 80 win+ range.

2020 they will make their move. 2019 is about the Sox trying to win around 80 games.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won’t sniff 80 wins with their roster.

Don't be so sure, the whole idea is the youngsters get a little more seasoned, a little better, Eloy Jimenez comes up, etc. 78 works too. They need to see a noticeable improvement. Then you sign a couple guys for 2020-2022, that's the window.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so sure, the whole idea is the youngsters get a little more seasoned, a little better, Eloy Jimenez comes up, etc. 78 works too. They need to see a noticeable improvement. Then you sign a couple guys for 2020-2022, that's the window.
While that’s the goal, their roster sucks. They can’t hit or field and lack starting pitching. Giolito is a bust. Moncada is one bad year away from bust seeing as how he can’t hit or field. Sox only improved their bullpen. By the time Colome or Herrera get the ball, won’t matter.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that’s the goal, their roster sucks. They can’t hit or field and lack starting pitching. Giolito is a bust. Moncada is one bad year away from bust seeing as how he can’t hit or field. Sox only improved their bullpen. By the time Colome or Herrera get the ball, won’t matter.

I know being a Sox fan means you have to assume doom no matter what and always see the glass half empty but you watch, they will improve by at least 10 games and I think more like 15+

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, considering they haven’t made the playoffs since 2008, this whole rebuild is kind of a scam and an excuse not to spend. When they finally try to spend, it ends up being a botch job. Please don’t let Reinsdorf fool you into thinking it pains him to lose, which he always peddles. He loses on a yearly basis and all of a sudden hopes a bunch of prospects will get some sort of synergy going? Bollocks.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know being a Sox fan means you have to assume doom no matter what and always see the glass half empty but you watch, they will improve by at least 10 games and I think more like 15+
What’re you drinking? Pecota has them losing 90 games and that’s probably pretty spot on.