• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac Jones Considering Tightrope Surgery

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Hoyer surprises us?

NE has a good running game. Run run run against the Pack and hold onto the damn ball.

Then let Hoyer throw those intermediate passes and crossing routes. Does Hoyer have a receiver or TE that he connects with? Maybe Henry or Bourne has a huge game? Maybe Parker but I think that's more a deep ball threat so want to avoid that. Keep the damn ball out of Agoholor's hands.

No TOs and the Pats can keep it close. Still likely lose but not embarrassed.

Bill needs to have the entire offense carrying balls the entire week of practice. Pitiful how bad they've become at ball security. That's a huge reason they can't get a win.

Have a good showing and then see how we do as the schedule eases up over the next few weeks.
Yep:

IMO I see no logical reason to throw a rookie into the fold. We can run the ball and if they try to take that away call plays to get Hoyer comfortable, in fact do that early on if you can. Then if Hoyer is as miserable as people seem to hope he will be bring in Zappe.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer is 1 and 12 since 2015 fwiw.

And his worst performing season Jimmy G went 5 and 0 with the squad Hoyer went 0 and 6 with.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer is 1 and 12 since 2015 fwiw.

And his worst performing season Jimmy G went 5 and 0 with the squad Hoyer went 0 and 6 with.
We are all aware of the stats. Does not negate the fact the coaches seem to think he is the best option and are only other choice is a rookie with zero exp.

Why do people always tend to put a loss on a QB? There are all kinds of reasons teams lose. Shitty defense, fumbles, missed FGs, dropped passes, no run game, poor o line etc.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bledsoe had never been hurt, Brady might be the Patriots' Hoyer. Bill chose Bledsoe over Brady, then after watching the guy play, made Bledsoe the backup.
This is only one of the truths. I heard change was already in the air but Belichick played it safe given his initial footing with the team and the recent signing of Bledsoe to that monster contract.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes experience is vastly overrated. Most of Hoyers experience has been failure. He isn't going to get any better.

When my youngest son got his driver's license, his oldest sister had been driving for 6+ years. Had been in several accidents.. tickets etc. I'd rather my son drive me somewhere than her.... despite all of her experience.

I'm fine with Hoyer starting. He will probably be replaced sooner rather than later. Zappe will get his shot. Don't know if he will succeed but I'm more excited about the unknown than the proven failure we currently have ready to start.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes experience is vastly overrated. Most of Hoyers experience has been failure. He isn't going to get any better.

When my youngest son got his driver's license, his oldest sister had been driving for 6+ years. Had been in several accidents.. tickets etc. I'd rather my son drive me somewhere than her.... despite all of her experience.

I'm fine with Hoyer starting. He will probably be replaced sooner rather than later. Zappe will get his shot. Don't know if he will succeed but I'm more excited about the unknown than the proven failure we currently have ready to start.
I think Hoyer is a bit better than people are giving him credit for. But time will tell

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bledsoe had never been hurt, Brady might be the Patriots' Hoyer. Bill chose Bledsoe over Brady, then after watching the guy play, made Bledsoe the backup.

Hoyer has played behind Brady and Newton and has never been able to keep the starting job.

Please explain to me what coach on the Patriots' staff is an offensive genius? We've been complaining all year about not having an OC.

Bill has made his decision. Hoyer will start against the Packers.

My gut says that Hoyer will shit the bed in the first quarter and BB will keep him in the game. He will continue to make a mess and Bill will give Zappe the reins in the second half. It might be enough to throw the packers off balance and Zappe might just do well enough make it a game when the final whistle blows. The defense will be the difference between a game or a blow out. Rogers doesn't have the WRs he's had in the past and the Patriots' secondary can play well and force the pack to run more, it could be better than any of us anticipate.

Hoyer has blown more than one game facing a pressure defense. I just don't see this leopard becoming a tiger.
Bill kept 4 QB's in 2000 and Brady was #4.
Bill kept 2 QB's in 2001. Bill knew after his second training camp that Brady would be good.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the other thread we rightfully questioned if BB is keeping up with the trends of today's NFL if his coaching style is not up to par with the way the game has changed. Pretty sure he can still tell which QB is more game ready.
I'm pretty sure his trends and techniques can still coach up a Super Bowl.

Just busting your balls.

Cat Face GIF

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Hoyer surprises us?

NE has a good running game. Run run run against the Pack and hold onto the damn ball.

Then let Hoyer throw those intermediate passes and crossing routes. Does Hoyer have a receiver or TE that he connects with? Maybe Henry or Bourne has a huge game? Maybe Parker but I think that's more a deep ball threat so want to avoid that. Keep the damn ball out of Agoholor's hands.

No TOs and the Pats can keep it close. Still likely lose but not embarrassed.

Bill needs to have the entire offense carrying balls the entire week of practice. Pitiful how bad they've become at ball security. That's a huge reason they can't get a win.

Have a good showing and then see how we do as the schedule eases up over the next few weeks.
Maybe.

Maybe not.

I Dont Think So No Way GIF by The Steve Wilkos Show

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Hoyer. I think he can really help Zappe from the sidelines.
Problem with his experience is that he has become very experienced at losing.

Losing begets losing.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone relax. We just need Hoyer to take care of the ball.

After GB the schedule gets a LOT easier. We have a fighting chance with him behind center.

If he throws a handful of picks or makes a bunch of bad decisions after two games give the kid a shot.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean other than Hoyer is a vet with game time exp and the only other option is a rookie with zero game time exp? The coaches feel Hoyer is the better option? The season is not a wash yet so going with the vet seem more logical but sure no upside at all!!!
If your upside is 5 or 6 wins then sure. But realistically you guys need 8 or 9 more wins to make the playoffs

That's not happening with Hoyer man. It's just not

It more than likely isn't happening with Zappe either but at least we can't be certain of that

I just don't get why you'd want to take the route you know will end in failure

If I'm in the 4th story of a burning building in not going to just sit there and see what happens. I'm going to jump out of the window and hope for the best

Hoyer is the former option

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hoyer is a bit better than people are giving him credit for. But time will tell

If your upside is 5 or 6 wins then sure. But realistically you guys need 8 or 9 more wins to make the playoffs

It more than likely isn't happening with Zappe either but at least we can't be certain of that

If I'm in the 4th story of a burning building in not going to just sit there and see what happens. I'm going to jump out of the window and hope for the best

Am I crazy for thinking BB can make this decision without our help?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I crazy for thinking BB can make this decision without our help?
I'm pretty sure fans don't get to make any decisions and never have lol

Yet we still like to talk about them

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one know what will end in failure you projecting this does not make it true. You still play each game as if you plan on entering the postseason, and you play who you feel presents the best opportunity to do that. Right now it appears to the coaching staff that is Hoyer. Not sure how a rookie with zero NFL exp is a better option than a vet, at least not at this point.

You want to assume shit and present it as fact, truth is we will not know until he plays. Truth is it takes more than just a QB to win or lose a game. Hoyer at this time is our best option. If he fails he fails we bring in Zappe. You really don't have a legit point although you think you do.