• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac Jones Considering Tightrope Surgery

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw in preseason and the reports I read on how off/bad the offense looked in practice and the changes with schemes and coaching i felt we were going to have a pretty bad year.

I'm all for Zappe getting some playing time. Like it's already been stated.. we know what we have in Hoyer. Zappe could be lightning in a bottle. We won't be favored in any game without Mac. Let the young one play.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw in preseason and the reports I read on how off/bad the offense looked in practice and the changes with schemes and coaching i felt we were going to have a pretty bad year.

I'm all for Zappe getting some playing time. Like it's already been stated.. we know what we have in Hoyer. Zappe could be lightning in a bottle. We won't be favored in any game without Mac. Let the young one play.
I am dumbfounded by this mindset which seems to be gaining steam.

"Hey fuck it we suck lets play the rookie even though we have a potentially better option"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why???

If management feels Hoyer gives the team the best chance to win, giving someone a try versus someone you feel can lead the team makes zero sense

Because we already know what Hoyer can and can not do. Why not see what Zappe can do in an actual game situation?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why???

If management feels Hoyer gives the team the best chance to win, giving someone a try versus someone you feel can lead the team makes zero sense
I understand what both of you are saying.
Bringing in Hoyer as the preferred backup makes the most sense in a lot of ways.
Bringing in Zappe who broke virtually all QB records has a different kind of hope.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Hey fuck it we suck lets play the rookie even though we have a potentially better option"
Potentially..... not significantly better. Just because he has more experience.... I don't care. Zappe looked better in preseason. That's all I can go off of. I have no other means of comparison. How do you know Hoyer is "Potentially" a better option?

This new offense is just as new to Hoyer as it is Zappe. Neither has more experience running it over the other..

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we already know what Hoyer can and can not do. Why not see what Zappe can do in an actual game situation?
How many times do I have to explain this???? WTF does we already know what Hoyer can do? If the coaches know Hoyer is the better option at this time how does putting in the lesser qualified player makes any damn sense?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean if you're sitting at a wedding and they say you can either have

A. The plain chicken breast ( unseasoned ) with peas and carrots

Or

B. The mystery chef special

What are you picking?

Probably B right??

Hoyer isn't winning you anything. You're not making the playoffs out of the AFC with Hoyer

So what's the downside to starting the other guy? You lose a few more games, still miss the playoffs and get a better draft pick??

The downside is still better than what you verifiably know you get out of Hoyer

And maybe Zappe is slightly better than unseasoned chicken breast and you make the playoffs

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already know how my left show feels on my left foot, lets put the left shoe on the right foot.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what both of you are saying.
Bringing in Hoyer as the preferred backup makes the most sense in a lot of ways.
Bringing in Zappe who broke virtually all QB records has a different kind of hope.
You cannot equate what he did in college to what he might do in the pros. Ryan Leaf ring a bell? Or JaMarcus Russell.

If coaches feel Zappe is the better QB. and provides the best chance for the team to win then play him. But for fuck sake don't play him because you want to see what he can do.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot equate what he did in college to what he might do in the pros. Ryan Leaf ring a bell? Or JaMarcus Russell.

If coaches feel Zappe is the better QB. and provides the best chance for the team to win then play him. But for fuck sake don't play him because you want to see what he can do.
Again, I get it. Your argument is superior.

It can go both ways. They can start Hoyer and if he doesn't get it done, Zappe can come in.
Neither is likely to go on an 8 game winning streak?????

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean if you're sitting at a wedding and they say you can either have

A. The plain chicken breast ( unseasoned ) with peas and carrots

Or

B. The mystery chef special

What are you picking?

Probably B right??

Hoyer isn't winning you anything. You're not making the playoffs out of the AFC with Hoyer

So what's the downside to starting the other guy? You lose a few more games, still miss the playoffs and get a better draft pick??

The downside is still better than what you verifiably know you get out of Hoyer

And maybe Zappe is slightly better than unseasoned chicken breast and you make the playoffs
Ohh I see it's the quitter mentality...

1. You don't know that Hoyer can't win in this situation.
2. You know Hoyer is the Vet QB.
3, Coaches feel Hoyer is the best option.
4. If he fails after a week or two then trying Zappe makes sense.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times do I have to explain this???? WTF does we already know what Hoyer can do? If the coaches know Hoyer is the better option at this time how does putting in the lesser qualified player makes any damn sense?

IF they don't know what Zappe can actually do how can they think Hoyer is the better option?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh I see it's the quitter mentality...

1. You don't know that Hoyer can't win in this situation.
2. You know Hoyer is the Vet QB.
3, Coaches feel Hoyer is the best option.
4. If he fails after a week or two then trying Zappe makes sense.
Why would it be a quitting mentality? You know what Hoyer is. You're not winning 8 or 9 games or of the next 14 with him

Imo quitting would be sticking with the guy you verifiably know isn't going to be able to get it done

The reality is neither guy likely will get you there. But we've seen enough of Hoyer to know for certain he can't

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would it be a quitting mentality? You know what Hoyer is. You're not winning 8 or 9 games or of the next 14 with him

Imo quitting would be sticking with the guy you verifiably know isn't going to be able to get it done

The reality is neither guy likely will get you there. But we've seen enough of Hoyer to know for certain he can't