• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac Jones Considering Tightrope Surgery

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF they don't know what Zappe can actually do how can they think Hoyer is the better option?
You have got to be kidding me???

If you cannot wrap your head around this I am damn sure done explaining the obvious to the obtuse.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have got to be kidding me???

If you cannot wrap your head around this I am damn sure done explaining the obvious to the obtuse.

Calm down dude you'll give yourself a heart attack.. I just want to see what Zappe can do that's all

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am dumbfounded by this mindset which seems to be gaining steam.

"Hey fuck it we suck lets play the rookie even though we have a potentially better option"

I'm not disagreeing with you because if Hoyer gives us the best shot at winning then that's who we should use.

That said, wouldn't our new offense be new to Hoyer as well? Zappe doesn't need to reboot his mindset since he never learned the old system.

I'm just thinking out loud because I'd rather see Zappe simply because he was exciting during preseason but ultimately we should use whoever gives us the best shot at victory.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down dude you'll give yourself a heart attack.. I just want to see what Zappe can do that's all
Wanting to see what he can do and rationalizing playing him over Hoyer are two vastly different things.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing his recent Bill Belichick lite impression in his recent press conference, Mac Jones is my new favorite QB.

Somebody needs to make a meme/gif thingy of him saying "how did it feel? Awesome" when the dumb reporter asked him how it felt when the injury happened.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the coaches know Hoyer is the better option at this time how does putting in the lesser qualified player makes any damn sense?
Wait...What???

In the other thread, BB and all of his jabronies were not worth a fuck...???

Too old, too fat, too related....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanting to see what he can do and rationalizing playing him over Hoyer are two vastly different things.

I wasn't rationalizing playing him or Hoyer. I was just saying I wanted to see him play is all

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bledsoe had never been hurt, Brady might be the Patriots' Hoyer. Bill chose Bledsoe over Brady, then after watching the guy play, made Bledsoe the backup.

Hoyer has played behind Brady and Newton and has never been able to keep the starting job.

Please explain to me what coach on the Patriots' staff is an offensive genius? We've been complaining all year about not having an OC.

Bill has made his decision. Hoyer will start against the Packers.

My gut says that Hoyer will shit the bed in the first quarter and BB will keep him in the game. He will continue to make a mess and Bill will give Zappe the reins in the second half. It might be enough to throw the packers off balance and Zappe might just do well enough make it a game when the final whistle blows. The defense will be the difference between a game or a blow out. Rogers doesn't have the WRs he's had in the past and the Patriots' secondary can play well and force the pack to run more, it could be better than any of us anticipate.

Hoyer has blown more than one game facing a pressure defense. I just don't see this leopard becoming a tiger.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer is 1-12 in his last 13 starts

59% comp
73 QB rating

The guy hasn't been serviceable since the mid 2010s

I mean if that's who BB wants to roll out there that's totally fine

Theres just no upside at all.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best wishes, get well soon Mac.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...What???

In the other thread, BB and all of his jabronies were not worth a fuck...???

Too old, too fat, too related....
In the other thread we rightfully questioned if BB is keeping up with the trends of today's NFL if his coaching style is not up to par with the way the game has changed. Pretty sure he can still tell which QB is more game ready.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bledsoe had never been hurt, Brady might be the Patriots' Hoyer. Bill chose Bledsoe over Brady, then after watching the guy play, made Bledsoe the backup.

Hoyer has played behind Brady and Newton and has never been able to keep the starting job.

Please explain to me what coach on the Patriots' staff is an offensive genius? We've been complaining all year about not having an OC.

Bill has made his decision. Hoyer will start against the Packers.

My gut says that Hoyer will shit the bed in the first quarter and BB will keep him in the game. He will continue to make a mess and Bill will give Zappe the reins in the second half. It might be enough to throw the packers off balance and Zappe might just do well enough make it a game when the final whistle blows. The defense will be the difference between a game or a blow out. Rogers doesn't have the WRs he's had in the past and the Patriots' secondary can play well and force the pack to run more, it could be better than any of us anticipate.

Hoyer has blown more than one game facing a pressure defense. I just don't see this leopard becoming a tiger.
He played behind Newton b/c BB did not want to look the fool for ball washing Newton.

Seems everyone want to write off Hoyer, still does not negate the fact that he is likely the most NFL ready of the two.

And I don't think he shits the bed, I suspect he will do alright

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer is 1-12 in his last 13 starts

59% comp
73 QB rating

The guy hasn't been serviceable since the mid 2010s

I mean if that's who BB wants to roll out there that's totally fine

Theres just no upside at all.
You mean other than Hoyer is a vet with game time exp and the only other option is a rookie with zero game time exp? The coaches feel Hoyer is the better option? The season is not a wash yet so going with the vet seem more logical but sure no upside at all!!!

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely writing Hoyer off. 11 straight loses when he has started. His last start he killed the Patriots taking a sack to end the 1st half instead of throwing it away and getting a FG. Then calling for a time out that we didn't even have. Strip sack as they were close to scoring again. Got replaced by Stidham. He's shown what he can do. And that is absolutely nothing but lose. Zappe could hardly do worse.

Hoyer didn't even dress for a single game after his Cheifs debacle. Screw Hoyer.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Hoyer surprises us?

NE has a good running game. Run run run against the Pack and hold onto the damn ball.

Then let Hoyer throw those intermediate passes and crossing routes. Does Hoyer have a receiver or TE that he connects with? Maybe Henry or Bourne has a huge game? Maybe Parker but I think that's more a deep ball threat so want to avoid that. Keep the damn ball out of Agoholor's hands.

No TOs and the Pats can keep it close. Still likely lose but not embarrassed.

Bill needs to have the entire offense carrying balls the entire week of practice. Pitiful how bad they've become at ball security. That's a huge reason they can't get a win.

Have a good showing and then see how we do as the schedule eases up over the next few weeks.