• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch speaks at length...

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one talks about the players that are kept away from the media that have speech issues and yes there is some in the NBA,NFL,,I really have no clue what words of wisodm they expect from ML,i know the media has a job to do but Sherman and others can provide them with tons of stuff to report.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one talks about the players that are kept away from the media that have speech issues and yes there is some in the NBA,NFL,,I really have no clue what words of wisodm they expect from ML,i know the media has a job to do but Sherman and others can provide them with tons of stuff to report.

Lynch nis breaking new ground, exposing previously non-considered issues. This will undoubtably be addressed in the next CBA.

I went to jury duty once. During the selection process the judge excused two people because they claimed to have social anxiety disorder. I don't if that is Lynch's issue, but to assume that no professional football player has it, is absurd. At a minimum, the CBA needs to spell out conditions for which a player can be excused from media access.

Oh, and kudos to Marshawn for completely selling out his Beastmode hat stock. He should have made more than enough to pay for any fine that might be levied on him for not wearing official team attire.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I want to hate that dude I just can't..................funny as shit too.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Shout out to my real Africans out there....."

:noidea:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch nis breaking new ground, exposing previously non-considered issues. This will undoubtably be addressed in the next CBA.

I went to jury duty once. During the selection process the judge excused two people because they claimed to have social anxiety disorder. I don't if that is Lynch's issue, but to assume that no professional football player has it, is absurd. At a minimum, the CBA needs to spell out conditions for which a player can be excused from media access.

Oh, and kudos to Marshawn for completely selling out his Beastmode hat stock. He should have made more than enough to pay for any fine that might be levied on him for not wearing official team attire.

I believe that money goes to his Fam 1st Family Foundation.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like he's warming up a little bit to the press actually. Most of the questions were pretty benign besides the one asking about his relationship with the media impacting his HOF chances. I think he did what he was supposed to do. The big story is him not talking to the media, he addressed it, and that was that. Everyone that knows him says he's a sensitive guy and when things went south in Buffalo he clammed up. He's been nothing but a model citizen here so I have no problem with him. If he doesn't want to talk to the media and is willing to pay the fines then more power to him. But I won't sit here and think he's fighting a good fight because he isn't. He signed the contract, it's in the CBA and all just about all of the other members of the union fulfill the obligation. He's just lucky enough to be able to afford the fines. Matthews was fined 11,000 for his crotch grab and he's definitely going to feel that. Lynch can sneeze that kind of money with his contract.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like he's warming up a little bit to the press actually. Most of the questions were pretty benign besides the one asking about his relationship with the media impacting his HOF chances. I think he did what he was supposed to do. The big story is him not talking to the media, he addressed it, and that was that. Everyone that knows him says he's a sensitive guy and when things went south in Buffalo he clammed up. He's been nothing but a model citizen here so I have no problem with him. If he doesn't want to talk to the media and is willing to pay the fines then more power to him. But I won't sit here and think he's fighting a good fight because he isn't. He signed the contract, it's in the CBA and all just about all of the other members of the union fulfill the obligation. He's just lucky enough to be able to afford the fines. Matthews was fined 11,000 for his crotch grab and he's definitely going to feel that. Lynch can sneeze that kind of money with his contract.

That's my biggest concern with all this media hype about not talking with the media. Is that some are going to take it as well you didn't give me an interview so I won't vote for you. Aka bonds treatment (little different because people believe he cheated but you hear stories every year about guys not getting votes because of media people holding long grudges against players) And I'd hate for that to keep him out, if he is worthy. (haven't looked into it, maybe once he's retired)

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my biggest concern with all this media hype about not talking with the media. Is that some are going to take it as well you didn't give me an interview so I won't vote for you. Aka bonds treatment (little different because people believe he cheated but you hear stories every year about guys not getting votes because of media people holding long grudges against players) And I'd hate for that to keep him out, if he is worthy. (haven't looked into it, maybe once he's retired)

Any voter who fails to vote for a player who deserves it for his on-field work just because that player wasn't media friendly deserves to have his voting privileges taken away. It's not like Lynch is the first guy to hate the media and there are guys already in the Hall in every sport who weren't exactly on great terms with the media at-large either.

Barry Bonds may have been an ass to the media for most of his career, but if the whole steroids thing hadn't happened, no writer in the business would have had any legitimate reason to keep him out of the Hall if he otherwise deserved it. He was on a Hall of Fame track even before the steroid stuff and even if the numbers he ended up with wouldn't have been as significant without the roids, he still could have coasted in with the numbers he likely would have put up anyway. Long story short, personal vendettas with the media should not prevent a worthy player from getting into the Hall of Fame for his sport and any voter who uses that as an excuse to not vote for that player shouldn't be allowed to vote.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: