• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch Out

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with that. I just think that some are jumping the gun to get on his case. How do we know he doesn't have any more good football left to give us? Because if he does, those same people that don't want to put up with his bs anymore are going to have another sudden change of heart. I say he's earned the benefit of the doubt here to see where this goes before making judgements about his character and willingness to play.
Ok, that's fine and I'm still hopeful he can be a part of this playoff run. But I don't think people are out in left field for starting to question what's happening here. Now I would agree it's too early to write off his physical abiliities or question how tough he is, but I'm definitely starting to wonder where his mind is. He didnt rehab with the team or even make his whereabouts known for a while, sort of showed back up on his own timeline, and now suddenly can't play and didnt even make the trip with the team. But yeah, move along and nothing to see here? I think that's just as off base as it is to question what's going on.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We be
Youre right, it doesnt add up. But that could be for a multitude of reasons, and how much he wants to play could just be one of the possibilities. And from what ive sean throughout his career and from the respect he garners from his teammates, id put lack of want-to very low on the list.

Lynch was the main reason Fred Jackson came to Seattle... They're very close friends... I doubt Lynch would've given up and thrown Fred under the bus w/out trying his hardest to play and help his friend get a SB ring... That in itself tells me that there is more to him not being ready than what has been shared thru the media... Fred came here to get a ring and Lynch was the main salesperson to convince him to do so...

I don't buy the, questioning his toughness or desire to play the game... He owes it to Fred Jackson and if he can't go, I honestly believe he's still hurt and not fully ready to go...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, that's fine and I'm still hopeful he can be a part of this playoff run. But I don't think people are out in left field for starting to question what's happening here. Now I would agree it's too early to write off his physical abiliities or question how tough he is, but I'm definitely starting to wonder where his mind is. He didnt rehab with the team or even make his whereabouts known for a while, sort of showed back up on his own timeline, and now suddenly can't play and didnt even make the trip with the team. But yeah, move along and nothing to see here? I think that's just as off base as it is to question what's going on.

Questioning where his mind is has always been tough because he just doesn't tell us anything. I gave up on it a long time ago, and I'm not going to start now while the guy is recovering from surgery.

Seeing how hes shown up in big games for years, there's probably nobody more dissapointed that he won't be out there than Lynch.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questioning where his mind is has always been tough because he just doesn't tell us anything. I gave up on it a long time ago, and I'm not going to start now while the guy is recovering from surgery.

Seeing how hes shown up in big games for years, there's probably nobody more dissapointed that he won't be out there than Lynch.
I guess I just wish we had some better explanation from the team as to why he was scratched. The only thing I can find right now is that Lynch "felt like he could not play" on Friday. A little more detail would probably go a long way to hold off some of the speculation. Or.....it could be some news that wouldn't go over well.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn has played through a lot of pain and ailments throughout his career. If he says he can't go, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody here is disappointed! I guess I just don't get this sudden questioning of Lynch's toughness after sports hernia surgery that I'm seeing here. It's pissing me off a bit to be honest.
I appreciate your loyalty.
This is an in jury to Marshawn's inner core. My guess is if it can't go, it's a no go. It can't be overcome.
I'm sure all Seahawk fans want him for our hopeful run, but that is in jeopardy. At his age and expense, he is near the end in more ways than 1.
He should go down as our best back ever, and we have had to good ones.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Lynch is a quirky guy. There is no doubt about that. But when he was putting up big numbers and kicking ass it didn't seem to matter to the fans. If people have a problem with it now because he's injured then they should have also had a problem with it when he was running for 100+ yards per game and scoring TD's. But they were strangely silent about it then.
That Sir, is the nature of the beast, or is it Beast?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of shocked to see some negativity towards Lynch given what he as accomplished for this franchise. The guy is all heart and gives 110% every time he steps on the field with or without injury. He's probably the most disappointed cause even at 80% healthy i'm sure he would have given it a go. Obviously something didn't go well in the final practice to keep him out so next man up.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality, our opinions of the situation don't matter. For all the talk about his "antics" over the years, his teammates have stood by him and supported him. I'm sure the media won't be shy about asking them about the sudden change in his status, win or lose, after this game and I suspect they'll continue to stand by him. This isn't a shy group of guys when it comes to expressing an opinion. If they have an issue with how this unfolded, I'm sure we'll hear about it. Until then, he gets the benefit of the doubt from me and I'm honestly surprised he's not getting that same benefit from more people here.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality, our opinions of the situation don't matter. For all the talk about his "antics" over the years, his teammates have stood by him and supported him. I'm sure the media won't be shy about asking them about the sudden change in his status, win or lose, after this game and I suspect they'll continue to stand by him. This isn't a shy group of guys when it comes to expressing an opinion. If they have an issue with how this unfolded, I'm sure we'll hear about it. Until then, he gets the benefit of the doubt from me and I'm honestly surprised he's not getting that same benefit from more people here.

The guy hasn't put pads on in more then a month, there's a good chance after a couple of practices the pain comes back. My guess is the pain was to sever and the coaching staff thought it would be better to hold him back. If it was up to Lynch, he'd be suited up ready to go guts hanging out and all.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about Lynch he's no pussy. If he says he can't go, it because he can't.
I just wanted him to suit up and see how it felt Sunday morning, and if he cant do it, fine. At least he tried...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of shocked to see some negativity towards Lynch given what he as accomplished for this franchise. The guy is all heart and gives 110% every time he steps on the field with or without injury. He's probably the most disappointed cause even at 80% healthy i'm sure he would have given it a go. Obviously something didn't go well in the final practice to keep him out so next man up.

I'm not shocked at all. This is exactly how fans reacted to Alexander, and many are still bitter with how his injuries ended his career. Definitely not the same style RB, but the reaction is pretty much the same.

Nobody knows what is really happening, but in reality, it doesn't matter. There will be players suited up tomorrow that will be playing and the only thing I've seen from the fans discussing the game is whether or not Lynch will be playing. I would rather have Lynch sit out this game and be doubly sure that he can go next week than to have him play in conditions that are very adverse to his recovery and be out against a much tougher opponent. Yes, that's a gamble, since a loss tomorrow means there is no next week, but you play to win it all and Lynch will be more important in the games following this one than he is for this one IMO.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good. Next Man up was Already UP.

Lynch is an ODD duck, we know that. We as Hawk fans deal with it, non Hawk fans mock Lynch for some reason,but I guess I understand why.
It is confusing to me WHY Lynch, even though out, still won't travel or be on the sideline of home games. That is a PC and ML issue, but it is WEIRD.

Would I like to see Lynch play tomorrow, Absolutely. But I understand why he can't play.

If you have EVER hard some core surgery or broken rib(s), you can't imagine the PAIN. It doesn't always hurt, but if you move the wrong way, snap, it hurts like hell and you are basically immobilized for an instant.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some fans are that way, love the guy when he's putting up the stats, hate him when he's injured. Pretty sad, to be honest.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm Ready."

Seattle's Marshawn Lynch declares himself 'ready'

Asked about his status for Sunday's divisional round playoff game against the Carolina Panthers, Seattle Seahawks running back Lynch sent ESPN's Kenny Mayne a two-word reply.

"I'm Ready."

Lynch was a full participant at practice on Wednesday and Thursday. He also practiced in full last week, but informed the team on Friday that he didn't feel good enough to participate in the wild-card game against the Minnesota Vikings.

Lynch has not played in a game since Nov. 15 and underwent abdomen surgery on Nov. 25. He had been rehabbing in San Francisco but rejoined the team last week.
"Any time you have Marshawn, it's a great thing," quarterback Russell Wilson said Thursday. "He's a great football player. Nobody really runs like him at all, and hopefully we can have him out there on the field. But as teammates, we want him to be healthy. We want him to feel like he's ready to go."

Marshawn Lynch proclaimed himself "ready" to go Sunday in Carolina after not feeling good enough to play against the Vikings last week.
Lynch has carried 111 times for 417 yards (3.8 yards per carry) on the season.
The Seahawks leave for Charlotte on Friday afternoon.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm Ready."

Seattle's Marshawn Lynch declares himself 'ready'

Asked about his status for Sunday's divisional round playoff game against the Carolina Panthers, Seattle Seahawks running back Lynch sent ESPN's Kenny Mayne a two-word reply.

"I'm Ready."

Lynch was a full participant at practice on Wednesday and Thursday. He also practiced in full last week, but informed the team on Friday that he didn't feel good enough to participate in the wild-card game against the Minnesota Vikings.

Lynch has not played in a game since Nov. 15 and underwent abdomen surgery on Nov. 25. He had been rehabbing in San Francisco but rejoined the team last week.
"Any time you have Marshawn, it's a great thing," quarterback Russell Wilson said Thursday. "He's a great football player. Nobody really runs like him at all, and hopefully we can have him out there on the field. But as teammates, we want him to be healthy. We want him to feel like he's ready to go."

Marshawn Lynch proclaimed himself "ready" to go Sunday in Carolina after not feeling good enough to play against the Vikings last week.
Lynch has carried 111 times for 417 yards (3.8 yards per carry) on the season.
The Seahawks leave for Charlotte on Friday afternoon.
Good news. I was bracing for the worse. This is going to be a tough game, need all hands on deck.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take this the wrong way. I know by my comments last week that people might.

I'll believe it when i see him take that 1st snap from Scrimmage. Remember i had to trade him because i relied on him with 2 Game Time Decisions where he didn't play and i needed some consistency at RB (low and behold my 2nd RB got hurt for the season a couple weeks later).

If he is in. Carolina don't know what hit em

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am betting ALL of my SportsHoopla money on this game!!!!