• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch Out

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'm seeing it in a few places now too. Amazing how quickly that turned. This time yesterday, I thought there was a good chance he'd play. Even earlier today, when it came out that he was questionable, it still sounded like the Hawks were planning to start him on Sunday. He must not have gotten through practice very well the past couple of days.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats pissing me off is he was full a full participant all week, it meant we took some practice time away from brown and michael. Better hope they hold onto the ball in the cold.

Tired of this bullshit from him, how the fk does a 3-4 weeks injury become this?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for that idea. Sounded like he was a go on Sunday, oh well.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats pissing me off is he was full a full participant all week, it meant we took some practice time away from brown and michael. Better hope they hold onto the ball in the cold.

Tired of this bullshit from him, how the fk does a 3-4 weeks injury become this?

Everyone recovers differently and not all injuries are the same. Just because it typically takes a certain amount of time to heal from this type of injury doesn't mean everyone who has the injury is going to heal in the same amount of time. Besides, it's not like Michael hasn't been taking 1st team reps for a couple of weeks now and we can't rule out the possibility that he took at least some 1st team reps this week just in case. I know people were just starting to get excited for Lynch's return, but if he aggravated something during practice or didn't come out of it feeling as good as he or the team would have liked, it's better that we know about it now rather than Sunday a half hour before the game starts.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he told the team he couldnt do it. Lmao.
Everyone recovers differently and not all injuries are the same. Just because it typically takes a certain amount of time to heal from this type of injury doesn't mean everyone who has the injury is going to heal in the same amount of time. Besides, it's not like Michael hasn't been taking 1st team reps for a couple of weeks now and we can't rule out the possibility that he took at least some 1st team reps this week just in case. I know people were just starting to get excited for Lynch's return, but if he aggravated something during practice or didn't come out of it feeling as good as he or the team would have liked, it's better that we know about it now rather than Sunday a half hour before the game starts.
Bullshit. They kept saying he been running over people rather than sround people, then straight up told the team he's not gonna do it.

Dude is done here.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he told the team he couldnt do it. Lmao.

Bullshit. They kept saying he been running over people rather than sround people, then straight up told the team he's not gonna do it.

Dude is done here.
Correct, but Russell is our MVP, not Marshawn,

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to sound too much like I'm making excuses for Lynch, and I certainly don't know what led up to him being ruled out after all reports made it sound like he'd not only be playing but starting, but being able to run over guys in 40-50 degree temps is not the same as being able to do it in 0-10 degree or even below zero temps. If he tweaked anything during practice in our weather, there's no point in sending him out in temps that cold with his running style.

On a related note... I'm detecting a hint of the same sort of attitude towards Lynch in these threads that people had with Alexander towards the end of his run here. It'd be a shame if his last season with the Seahawks, assuming this is it, was met with a "good riddance" rather than a "thank you". I can agree that the timing of this news and the weird way this whole thing unfolded this week doesn't make any sense, but if the guy can't play, he can't play.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta man up....its the playoffs! You dont think every players got some bump and bruises!

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this definitely sucks, but the good news is Michael has been playing to prove everybody wrong out there. He seems like a different back than he was at the beginning of the year and he appears to be making a noticeable effort to not fumble. Dude looks determined right now and Seattle has been winning through the air lately anyway. Looks like Kam and Okung will be back, could be a lot worse.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to sound too much like I'm making excuses for Lynch, and I certainly don't know what led up to him being ruled out after all reports made it sound like he'd not only be playing but starting, but being able to run over guys in 40-50 degree temps is not the same as being able to do it in 0-10 degree or even below zero temps. If he tweaked anything during practice in our weather, there's no point in sending him out in temps that cold with his running style.

On a related note... I'm detecting a hint of the same sort of attitude towards Lynch in these threads that people had with Alexander towards the end of his run here. It'd be a shame if his last season with the Seahawks, assuming this is it, was met with a "good riddance" rather than a "thank you". I can agree that the timing of this news and the weird way this whole thing unfolded this week doesn't make any sense, but if the guy can't play, he can't play.

Yup, weather is definitely a factor here. Doubt his injury is going to like the cold much.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta man up....its the playoffs! You dont think every players got some bump and bruises!

I think there's a bit of a difference between "bumps and bruises" and recovering from sports hernia surgery.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure he bailed due to the forecast

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a bit of a difference between "bumps and bruises" and recovering from sports hernia surgery.

guess so....just disappointed

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess so....just disappointed

Everybody here is disappointed! I guess I just don't get this sudden questioning of Lynch's toughness after sports hernia surgery that I'm seeing here. It's pissing me off a bit to be honest.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody here is disappointed! I guess I just don't get this sudden questioning of Lynch's toughness after sports hernia surgery that I'm seeing here. It's pissing me off a bit to be honest.

Hernia's ain't no joke.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen Lynch not only play with injuries, but run hard as fuck with injuries. Questioning his heart is kneejerk.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone else felt that Kelsie McCray played the last 3 weeks better than Chancellor has played all season? Not saying we bench Chancellor or anything, just that I was really impressed with how well McCray played. Chancellor has just seemed a step slow all year, and hasn't had those big hits that were his specialty.

As for Lynch, Im not overly concerned. Michael has more speed, which may be more important in a cold game where the defense may find themselves a little slower on their reactions. He's showing a willingness to be more physical, which will still be effective (if not as effective as Lynch) at tiring a D out as the game goes. Keeping a hold of the ball will be important for sure - but Lynch has fumbled 21 times form 2012-2014 (including 8 in the playoffs), so there's no guarantee he wouldn't fumble the ball himself.

More important than who is running the ball is whether the Hawks can throw it. If the Hawks can't more the ball through the air, then Minnesota will sell out to stop any running attack Seattle can muster - so Seattle needs to keep the threat of throwing the ball high in the Minnesota defense's mind.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be fine, we haven't had him during our entire stretch run, it's gonna be running back by committee and that's fine... Russ is the guy that drives our offense and I"m 100 percent comfortable with that... Would a been nice having Lynch back, but if he's not 100 percent ready it's better we don't use him....