• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lutzenkirchen's BAC was .377

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What on the planet is this garbage. This is the definition right from the University of Wisconsin's website. I chose one website. Any website will do. Here it is since you seem to think you know what math you are talking about.

Blood/Breath Alcohol Concentration (BAC) is the amount of alcohol in the bloodstream or on one's breath. BAC is expressed as the weight of ethanol, measured in grams, in 100 milliliters of blood, or 210 liters of breath. BAC can be measured by breath, blood, or urine tests.

Now where in the definition is BAC measured by volume to volume as you suggest instead of weight to volume?

And you have misunderstood how blood alcohol content is measured. :doh::pound:

Your "math" would only be true if the two units of measurement being compared were the same, i.e.- grams per 100 grams OR milliliters per 100 milliliters. But it is measured in X grams per X milliliters.

BAC is a metric expressed as a percentage. It's not meant to express what percentage of your blood is alcohol. And you thinking that a .40 BAC meant that 40% of what is pumping through your vascular system was alcohol is fucking hilarious. :pound:

Nothing you copy and pasted supports your claim that a .40 BAC translates to 40% vascular system being occupied by alcohol. BAC is a metric that indicates how much alcohol by weight (grams) is present per volume of blood (deciliters). It does not account for dehydration or viscosity of the blood it is present in.
Its OK to be wrong but quit trying to feed everyone misinformation.

I am not quite sure what you are referring to as I have cut and pasted the explanation of BAC from the University of Wisconsin website. You changed your tune after I posted that quote from volume/volume to weight/volume measurements and I have seen nothing from you except alot of prononcements about being retarded and sech. Perhaps you shouldn't post misinformation. And perhaps I wasn't clear in my initial posts but you're the genius here.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weight cannot be calculated as a percentage of volume. It's really that simple. I don't know why you cannot wrap your mind around that other than you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I never stated that BAC is measured volume/volume. I expressly stated it was not and thus could not be calculated as a true percentage. Your reading comprehension needs work in addition to your math.

.40 does not mean 40% of the liquid in your vascular system is alcohol.