• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lutzenkirchen's BAC was .377

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more time. A BAC measurement of say .02% is derived by measuring 2 g of alcohol per 100 milliliters of blood. 2/100= 0.02%. 0.02% X 100= 2 percent of the blood total is accounted for by alcohol. A BAC measurement 0f .377% is 37.7 g of alcohol per 100 milliliters of blood. 37.7/100= 0.377%. This means that 37.7% of the person's blood is accounted for by alcohol. Lethality occurs at 0.400% or a BAC of .400 which is 40 g of alcohol in 100 milliliters of blood. This means that 40% of the person's blood is accounted for by alcohol. I didn't mistakenly put the decimal point in the wrong place oaknight. You have missread the post.
And you have misunderstood how blood alcohol content is measured. :doh::pound:

Your "math" would only be true if the two units of measurement being compared were the same, i.e.- grams per 100 grams OR milliliters per 100 milliliters. But it is measured in X grams per X milliliters.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who doesn't believe that people can or do drink to excess when out partying, must have grown up in a shell. We used to drink alcohol regularly in beer bong that could hold 2 1/2 cans of beer. It would be filled up about 50-75% of the way with Jack/Jim/Jose/Vodka/Gin/whatever we had at the time. We would take multiple turns throughout the day or night drinking from the bong. Many times we had to carry one or more of us home & place them sitting up in the tub to make sure he didn't die in his own vomit. Often times there were whole nights where I didn't know what took place, woke someplace I had no idea where, or next to some chick I didn't recognize.

So yes, people can get extremely drunk like that.

.377 = 3.77% alcohol in your blood stream.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart, you don't know everything bud.

There are always exceptions. Here is a guy that managed to not only get in his car, but drive a little ways before driving off of an overpass.

He was @ .50

Those Beaver fans can put it down. Dude was at a civil war party and took the loss hard.

Man rescued from dangling truck appears in court | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

It's a funny story, but it doesn't sound like he was functioning well at all. And it may have been a case where he had a bunch of shots at once (ie to try to erase the memory of the loss; I'm sure many of us have been there), and got in the car well before his BAC rose to .5.

I'm curious if it was a blow (which are hard to trust unless on video, because alcohol in the mouth can cause really high readings) or a blood draw. And if it was a blood draw, how long after the accident was it, and was he conscious when he got the .5. If he wasn't comatose at the .5, he's a freak of nature as well.

Again, most of the videos with people falling over, slurring their speech, and not functioning well, end with them blowing between a .15 and .25. There might be freaks who can get in a car at .377. There aren't many (any?) people making reasoned decisions at .377. It's never a good idea to get that drunk, even if you aren't planning to drive. That goes beyond your normal binge drinking.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who doesn't believe that people can or do drink to excess when out partying, must have grown up in a shell. We used to drink alcohol regularly in beer bong that could hold 2 1/2 cans of beer. It would be filled up about 50-75% of the way with Jack/Jim/Jose/Vodka/Gin/whatever we had at the time. We would take multiple turns throughout the day or night drinking from the bong. Many times we had to carry one or more of us home & place them sitting up in the tub to make sure he didn't die in his own vomit. Often times there were whole nights where I didn't know what took place, woke someplace I had no idea where, or next to some chick I didn't recognize.

I drank a pint of Absolute and a pint of White Lightning one night at a friends house. I have no idea what my BAC was but I was pretty sure I was going to die. Got really sick and couldn't breathe worth a shit. Luckily, I woke up the next morning and actually remembered pretty much the whole night. Prolly what's wrong with me now.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drank a pint of Absolute and a pint of White Lightning one night at a friends house. I have no idea what my BAC was but I was pretty sure I was going to die. Got really sick and couldn't breathe worth a shit. Luckily, I woke up the next morning and actually remembered pretty much the whole night. Prolly what's wrong with me now.

We used to regularly go play basketball the next late morning/afternoon after our partying. One time I was still drunk & puking all around the park about 12 hours after my last drink. It was bad. Like a 2 day hangover.

Another time, my friend had got so drunk & vomited so much, that he started to vomit little shit balls. It was disgusting. We took him to the ER that time.

Some of us do stupid shit when growing up. It happens.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We used to regularly go play basketball the next late morning/afternoon after our partying. One time I was still drunk & puking all around the park about 12 hours after my last drink. It was bad. Like a 2 day hangover.

Another time, my friend had got so drunk & vomited so much, that he started to vomit little shit balls. It was disgusting. We took him to the ER that time.

Some of us do stupid shit when growing up. It happens.

That was probably bile.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Believe me, the places I've lived are Chicagoland, Wisconsin, and St. Louis. One of my best friends has been known to down 36-40 shots in a night (he's also about 320 pounds). One of my other best friends has a habit of getting woken up by cops and getting public intox tickets from being passed out on the doorfront of businesses as they try to open. Hell, earlier this year, I (at 150 pounds) had something like 28 drinks after I finished my last final. I still feel fairly confident that none of us has ever gotten to a legitimate .38.

Even in your example, you probably didn't get up to .4. Your example is somewhere round 12-14 shots worth from a bong. You would have to do that twice in an hour to possibly reach .4, and that's assuming pretty quick absorption and slowly burning it off (and no puking). Your typical frat party just isn't filled with blowing .38.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was probably bile.

Nope, it was shit. He was in the hospital for 3 days. It turns out he had a minor blockage in his intestines. Because he had vomited all the contents of his stomach, the spasms from vomiting caused the backed up intestine to open up & release little balls of shit. Which he started expelling through his mouth when he retched.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me, the places I've lived are Chicagoland, Wisconsin, and St. Louis. One of my best friends has been known to down 36-40 shots in a night (he's also about 320 pounds). One of my other best friends has a habit of getting woken up by cops and getting public intox tickets from being passed out on the doorfront of businesses as they try to open. Hell, earlier this year, I (at 150 pounds) had something like 28 drinks after I finished my last final. I still feel fairly confident that none of us has ever gotten to a legitimate .38.

Even in your example, you probably didn't get up to .4. Your example is somewhere round 12-14 shots worth from a bong. You would have to do that twice in an hour to possibly reach .4, and that's assuming pretty quick absorption and slowly burning it off (and no puking). Your typical frat party just isn't filled with blowing .38.

These aren't frat parties, these are getting fall down drunk BBQ or block parties. And we would be hitting that alcohol bong multiple times an hour while drinking from kegs over the course of 5-6 or sometimes even 12 hours.

Lol at 12-14 shots.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These aren't frat parties, these are getting fall down drunk BBQ or block parties. And we would be hitting that alcohol bong multiple times an hour while drinking from kegs over the course of 5-6 or sometimes even 12 hours.

Lol at 12-14 shots.

So people at your parties were having 40 shots in an hour. Got it.

Anyone else want to exaggerate about their glory years?

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I once injected 80 marijuanas and smoked so many whiskeys I talked to Abraham Lincoln while skull fucking a polar bear.
*The polar bear gagged a lot.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, it was shit. He was in the hospital for 3 days. It turns out he had a minor blockage in his intestines. Because he had vomited all the contents of his stomach, the spasms from vomiting caused the backed up intestine to open up & release little balls of shit. Which he started expelling through his mouth when he retched.
Stan? Kyle?

wtfnopoopforyou_wide.jpg

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career alcoholics can get there. Getting your BAC that high and not approaching veggie platter status is generally something that comes from years of heavy, daily drinking. Not something that can normally be done by a guy out for just one wild night.

.40 being "lethal" is a myth. Nor does it mean that a person's blood is 40% alcohol- It's 40% of 1%. Also,, there's no real specific"You die here" mark. It could be .30 for some people. It could be .50 for another.

Exactly, alcoholics can handle that amount of alcohol, but not some kid who doesn't drink everyday. Some non drinkers could die from .35 and I've heard of alcoholics living from .6+

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did I say 40 shots. I said multiple times on the alcohol bong per hour. Multiple could mean 2 or more.

Dumbass much?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say 40 shots. I said multiple times on the alcohol bong per hour. Multiple could mean 2 or more.

Dumbass much?

So why not say 2, then, if you are going to call me a dumbass for saying it have been 3?

Would it make you feel better if I said 28 shots in an hour? It's just as absurd.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguments about math...the season really needs to hurry the hell up and start.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'm glad he was that hammered because drunk or sober he wasn't surviving that crash and his being drunk didn't cause the accident. Lutz didn't feel a thing and went peacefully into the next life .

RIP 43

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you have misunderstood how blood alcohol content is measured. :doh::pound:

Your "math" would only be true if the two units of measurement being compared were the same, i.e.- grams per 100 grams OR milliliters per 100 milliliters. But it is measured in X grams per X milliliters.

What on the planet is this garbage. This is the definition right from the University of Wisconsin's website. I chose one website. Any website will do. Here it is since you seem to think you know what math you are talking about.

Blood/Breath Alcohol Concentration (BAC) is the amount of alcohol in the bloodstream or on one's breath. BAC is expressed as the weight of ethanol, measured in grams, in 100 milliliters of blood, or 210 liters of breath. BAC can be measured by breath, blood, or urine tests.

Now where in the definition is BAC measured by volume to volume as you suggest instead of weight to volume?

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't really matter what his BAC was....it's just sad that people's lives end so quickly