• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lutzenkirchen's BAC was .377

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. If the wreck didn't kill him the alcohol would've.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, isn't that nearly lethal? :surprised:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the drivers BAC that matters (which I read was like a .17) in this case. I just wish they'd been wearing their seat belts.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, isn't that nearly lethal? :surprised:

It is pretty damn insane. I think that NFL player got some kinda "superduper extreme DUI" for have a BAC of something over a .21 or some shit.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the drivers BAC that matters (which I read was like a .17) in this case. I just wish they'd been wearing their seat belts.
You don't think it matters that someone drinks enough alcohol to have a BAC of .377 just because he wasn't driving?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think it matters that someone drinks enough alcohol to have a BAC of .377 just because he wasn't driving?

Not really, I don't have a clue how he can handle his alcohol nor do you. People have different tolerances for different shit.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have probably been at .377 or higher during some point in my younger years. You know, the beer bongs full of alcohol, not beer, years.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have probably been at .377 or higher during some point in my younger years. You know, the beer bongs full of alcohol, not beer, years.

I had a buddy that would prolly get to that point damn near every night. He ended up dying from kidney failure, but it seemed he had gotten himself immune to alcohol poison. He could drink more than anybody I've ever seen and not get sick or anything.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a buddy that would prolly get to that point damn near every night. He ended up dying from kidney failure, but it seemed he had gotten himself immune to alcohol poison. He could drink more than anybody I've ever seen and not get sick or anything.

We used to party too hard during my late teens early 20s. Looking back on it now, I don't know how we all lived through it relatively unscathed. Saying all that, I haven't had a drink since Aug 2006.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you guys get how bad a .377 is. No, you don't have friends who usually got that drunk. No, you don't have friends who are "tolerant" of .377.

.30 is like, deathly, drunk. People may be able to blow a .30 if they have alcohol in their mouths and be somewhat tolerable. Without that, if you blow a .30, odds are pretty good that you cannot walk or speak. In our city, less than 1% of DWIs are committed by people who blow .3 or over, because by that point, you are too impaired to get in a car and drive off. I've never heard of a DWI over .35. Most of the people you see staggering drunk in DWI videos are blowing somewhere around .2. Obviously, .377 is about twice that much.

So yes, it's not good or normal. He almost certainly didn't consent to go in that car. He certainly didn't have the brainpower to know his friend was drunk. Getting shitfaced is fine, but you need to take proper steps. Make sure you have a friend who isn't drunk. Make sure you have a way to get home if you are shitfaced faster than your friends. And no matter what, never let yourself get over a .25 or so in public. That's just crazy.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude had a BAC level that was nearly lethal. Lethality is at .400. Lutzenkirchen's blood was 38% alcohol when he died. I am not sure what drove him to imbibe that much alcohol but he was well on the way to a lethal dose.

BAC measures the amount of grams of alcohol in 100 milliliters of blood. A BAC of .500 is essentally stating that 50% of the persons blood is alcohol. At 40% you have lost sufficient oxygen/carbon dioxide carrying capacity of the blood and thus the person dies of internal asphyxiation.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you guys get how bad a .377 is. No, you don't have friends who usually got that drunk. No, you don't have friends who are "tolerant" of .377.

.30 is like, deathly, drunk. People may be able to blow a .30 if they have alcohol in their mouths and be somewhat tolerable. Without that, if you blow a .30, odds are pretty good that you cannot walk or speak. In our city, less than 1% of DWIs are committed by people who blow .3 or over, because by that point, you are too impaired to get in a car and drive off. I've never heard of a DWI over .35. Most of the people you see staggering drunk in DWI videos are blowing somewhere around .2. Obviously, .377 is about twice that much.

So yes, it's not good or normal. He almost certainly didn't consent to go in that car. He certainly didn't have the brainpower to know his friend was drunk. Getting shitfaced is fine, but you need to take proper steps. Make sure you have a friend who isn't drunk. Make sure you have a way to get home if you are shitfaced faster than your friends. And no matter what, never let yourself get over a .25 or so in public. That's just crazy.

I've stood there and watch said friend down a half gallon of vodka in less that 30 mins on SEVERAL
occasions and be awake the rest of the night and end up drinking more. Yes, that's why he died of liver failure at 25 yrs old but he got to where he wouldn't even get sick anymore. I know none of us are as "smart" as you, but I figure you're BAC would be pretty god damn high after that.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude had a BAC level that was nearly lethal. Lethality is at .400. Lutzenkirchen's blood was 38% alcohol when he died. I am not sure what drove him to imbibe that much alcohol but he was well on the way to a lethal dose.

BAC measures the amount of grams of alcohol in 100 milliliters of blood. A BAC of .500 is essentally stating that 50% of the persons blood is alcohol. At 40% you have lost sufficient oxygen/carbon dioxide carrying capacity of the blood and thus the person dies of internal asphyxiation.

You put the decimal in the wrong place :L

It's .5%, not 50%.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career alcoholics can get there. Getting your BAC that high and not approaching veggie platter status is generally something that comes from years of heavy, daily drinking. Not something that can normally be done by a guy out for just one wild night.

.40 being "lethal" is a myth. Nor does it mean that a person's blood is 40% alcohol- It's 40% of 1%. Also,, there's no real specific"You die here" mark. It could be .30 for some people. It could be .50 for another.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've stood there and watch said friend down a half gallon of vodka in less that 30 mins on SEVERAL
occasions and be awake the rest of the night and end up drinking more. Yes, that's why he died of liver failure at 25 yrs old but he got to where he wouldn't even get sick anymore. I know none of us are as "smart" as you, but I figure you're BAC would be pretty god damn high after that.

No offense, but I find it really hard to believe your friend downed 60 shots of alcohol in 30 minutes, didn't throw up, and didn't die. If you mean half a fifth of vodka, that wouldn't push you to a .377. Again, if your friend was functioning at .377, he really should have talked to scientists. Even hardcore drunks struggle to walk and talk at all at .25. If he is functioning at 50% more, that's a legitimate scientific spectacle.

It should be telling, again, that no one in the history of this city has blown something that high. That's saying that not only are there no people who are symptom-free...it's going a step further. It's saying that everybody who gets that drunk is so out of it that they are physically incapable of getting behind a wheel. So when a city with some of the highest rates of alcoholism in America has nobody who can walk to the car at that rate, but you are telling me that someone functions well enough that they could consent and show no symptoms? I'm more than dubious. It's possible, but not without a ridiculous genetic mutation of some sort.

Honest to god, if you are telling the truth, you should try to get a DNA sample of him tested. .377 is that extreme.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you even math, Bro? :pound:

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career alcoholics can get there. Getting your BAC that high and not approaching veggie platter status is generally something that comes from years of heavy, daily drinking. Not something that can normally be done by a guy out for just one wild night.

.40 being "lethal" is a myth. Nor does it mean that a person's blood is 40% alcohol- It's 40% of 1%. Also,, there's no real specific"You die here" mark. It could be .30 for some people. It could be .50 for another.
Hey! Quit making sense and using reasonable logic! This is the interwebz!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put the decimal in the wrong place :L

It's .5%, not 50%.

One more time. A BAC measurement of say .02% is derived by measuring 2 g of alcohol per 100 milliliters of blood. 2/100= 0.02%. 0.02% X 100= 2 percent of the blood total is accounted for by alcohol. A BAC measurement 0f .377% is 37.7 g of alcohol per 100 milliliters of blood. 37.7/100= 0.377%. This means that 37.7% of the person's blood is accounted for by alcohol. Lethality occurs at 0.400% or a BAC of .400 which is 40 g of alcohol in 100 milliliters of blood. This means that 40% of the person's blood is accounted for by alcohol. I didn't mistakenly put the decimal point in the wrong place oaknight. You have missread the post.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but I find it really hard to believe your friend downed 60 shots of alcohol in 30 minutes, didn't throw up, and didn't die. If you mean half a fifth of vodka, that wouldn't push you to a .377. Again, if your friend was functioning at .377, he really should have talked to scientists. Even hardcore drunks struggle to walk and talk at all at .25. If he is functioning at 50% more, that's a legitimate scientific spectacle.

It should be telling, again, that no one in the history of this city has blown something that high. That's saying that not only are there no people who are symptom-free...it's going a step further. It's saying that everybody who gets that drunk is so out of it that they are physically incapable of getting behind a wheel. So when a city with some of the highest rates of alcoholism in America has nobody who can walk to the car at that rate, but you are telling me that someone functions well enough that they could consent and show no symptoms? I'm more than dubious. It's possible, but not without a ridiculous genetic mutation of some sort.

Honest to god, if you are telling the truth, you should try to get a DNA sample of him tested. .377 is that extreme.

Maybe he should have. No concerned about what you believe, but I know what I've seen. His big thing was talking to people who wasn't there when he'd get that drunk. We would stay up with him just to make sure he didn't hurt himself or somebody else. He would come home from work, give my brother his keys (his roommate) and go to town on some vodka.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smart, you don't know everything bud.

There are always exceptions. Here is a guy that managed to not only get in his car, but drive a little ways before driving off of an overpass.

He was @ .50

Those Beaver fans can put it down. Dude was at a civil war party and took the loss hard.

Man rescued from dangling truck appears in court | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon