• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luke Gregerson to Oakland

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were to many games last year in which they simply couldn't score. They're going to have to prove it to me. I'm just not sold. There really isn't a legit power hitter on the roster. Headley did it for one year & I realize he played injured last year, but we need somebody with legit power everyday.

If something crazy happens next year and someone has a career year in the 3 and 4 hole, we are going to devastate the NL West when you consider our rotation (easily the best in the division). I'm more excited than I've ever been. I just don't get this trade AT ALL. I understand what they were thinking and I'm hopeful that the guys upstairs are convinced that our 'pen is deep and Gregerson is dispensable. I have a real feeling that the A's are going to get the better of this deal by a very long shot. Something tells me Seth Smith is a very happy man today.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better be right about the pitching we've got coming. No more hype. I want results.

Dude, we have the a real potential to be the best rotation in baseball next season. On paper, we're scary as hell.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't disagree overall, but the group of OF's isn't the problem and Seth Smith isn't a solution.

Undeniable. There was no need to pull the trigger right now. I would have preferred to get a whole lot more for Gregerson if we weren't going to just lock him up for a couple of seasons. He's a fan favorite and at the top of his game he's as good of a setup man as there is in baseball.

Looks like my son and I won't be saying "Get 'em, Luke" as he exits the 'pen next season. :bawling: Our seats are right at our 'pen.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undeniable. There was no need to pull the trigger right now. I would have preferred to get a whole lot more for Gregerson if we weren't going to just lock him up for a couple of seasons. He's a fan favorite and at the top of his game he's as good of a setup man as there is in baseball.

Looks like my son and I won't be saying "Get 'em, Luke" as he exits the 'pen next season. :bawling: Our seats are right at our 'pen.

They'd have been smart to move on Fowler, that would have been a solution, if you are done with Maybin.

Although Gregerson wouldn't have got that done (Colorado has no use for relievers at this point), San Diego could have made the deal for prospects and salary.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, we have the a real potential to be the best rotation in baseball next season. On paper, we're scary as hell.

The only pitcher in the starting rotation I'm concerned about is Johnson. He's coming off surgery so hopefully it's fixed whatever problem he had in Toronto. The Bullpen is a concern. Street needs to stay healthy. We've got some big time arms in Sampson, Smith amongst others. Wisler could be big time, but he hasn't faced big league hitters yet. The system is stacked, there's no question about it. We even have some big time potential position players. I just hope the front office gets things right. I just don't trust them yet.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd have been smart to move on Fowler, that would have been a solution, if you are done with Maybin.

Although Gregerson wouldn't have got that done (Colorado has no use for relievers at this point), San Diego could have made the deal for prospects and salary.

Maybin is hanging by a thread. Dexter Fowler would be awesome.

Not surprisingly the guys at Gaslamp Ball are flipping out over this trade too.

Luke Gregerson trade for Seth Smith is rotten! - Gaslamp Ball

Padres Weaken Bullpen For A Platoon Bat - Gaslamp Ball

We give up one of the most dominating sliders in baseball for a platoon outfielder. :gaah:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only pitcher in the starting rotation I'm concerned about is Johnson. He's coming off surgery so hopefully it's fixed whatever problem he had in Toronto. The Bullpen is a concern. Street needs to stay healthy. We've got some big time arms in Sampson, Smith amongst others. Wisler could be big time, but he hasn't faced big league hitters yet. The system is stacked, there's no question about it. We even have some big time potential position players. I just hope the front office gets things right. I just don't trust them yet.

I think we have a good front office with the exception of Josh Byrnes. I want Towers back. I don't care what anybody says, he made decisions that maximized value and put us in a position to win.

Somehow I missed that we re-signed Eric Stults. My hope is that our rotation is so stacked on Opening Day that Stults doesn't even make it and is in the pen for long relief or spot starts. I am also very hopeful on Corey Leubke. :hope:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Nationals with Strausburg, Zimmerman, Gonzalez and Fister have something to say about the best rotation in baseball.

I still like Detroit's rotation with Scherzer, Verlander and Sanchez at 1-2-3. Back to back Cy Young winners and Sanchez won the ERA title last year in the AL.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DaBolts is your son, Darth Vader?...just not good, not good at all...getting your son to step in to give you another Padres fan.

I do love Cory Luebke...if that guy comes back stronger after TJ....whoa nelly....he will be the #1 for years and the first part was a joke, don't go all TrustMeImRight on me...

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a good front office with the exception of Josh Byrnes. I want Towers back. I don't care what anybody says, he made decisions that maximized value and put us in a position to win.

Somehow I missed that we re-signed Eric Stults. My hope is that our rotation is so stacked on Opening Day that Stults doesn't even make it and is in the pen for long relief or spot starts. I am also very hopeful on Corey Leubke. :hope:

Luebke is pitching off the mound now. So he's progressing. I don't want Towers back. He was one of the worst drafters in MLB history. I know money was involved in a number of the decisions, but to me Towers will always be the GM who passed on Verlander. The Dbacks can have him.