• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lucic to Kings

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is a winner and a big game player. I don't know that he wanted to much money when he watched the contracts doled out while he was here. Its not like Lucic is playing for free even with Boston picking up some salary he is not any cheaper then Williams. As far as Williams declining that probably is the case while Lucic has been hitting his stride right? I have not watched Lucic much and he may fit in well as there needed to be changes no matter what. I am just not sure that Williams and Sekera is where the changes needed to happen

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late on this but absolutely stoked on the deal. The Kings have not had a power forward like Lucic since Deadmarsh. I didn't see a heck of a lot of Kings crashing the net and scoring goals last season, Lucic completely changes all that. Add in the fact that he is a nasty SOB and won't tolerate bullshit and it's awesome. He is Jordan Nolan but with actual skill.

The 13th overall would have been nice but by the Kings moving it it signals a few things to me:

- they are still in win now mode (good)

- a 13th overall pick is just that, a 13th overall pick. They could turn into Dustin Brown (2003 - OK), Mattias Ohlund (1994 - was a solid defender), Michael Henrich (1998 - who??), Jani Rita (1999 - all hype, never delivered). My point: see point # 1.

- Williams took an easy deal to stay in LA last time, this will most likely be his final contract at his age. He is going for broke and someone will overpay for him. The things is, no one who could be a true contender can really sign him because they are cap strapped too (maybe Anaheim can. That would be interesting if he signed there, quite possible). I liked the guy, he delivered when he was here but he is in clear decline and it won't get any better. Good luck, thanks for the 2 Cups and best wishes

- the Kings' pipeline is solid. There may not be any stars there, but there aren't too many players who aren't really developing as expected. The Kings are not a star heavy team, they distribute the load everywhere. Their pipeline is full of guys like that

- Lucic is in his prime and after having a down year and entering his UFA year I expect big things. His drop in production could also be tied to Krejci being injured several times last season and missing time. Not worried about Lucic having a bad year

Kings T6 is Lucic/Kopitar/Gaborik and Pearson/Carter/Toffoli. That is one hell of a T6. I am disappointed they were not able to sign Sekera, I don't feel comfortable going with Doughty/Muzzin/Greene/Martinez/McNabb.

Voynov could really help that out, and the closer his trial gets the more confident I am he will be back in the fall. Especially after seeing what Stoll got, I expect something similar. I know people who have been hit with DV and pled down, if these people who retained attorneys can do it, a multi millionaire who has a very expensive attorney will also do it. Voynov will be a King again in the fall, book it.

That is 6 defenders, and that opened the door for Forbert to pretty much make the team. Unless the Richards buyout is used to acquire a cheap veteran defender, I believe that is the 7 defenders.

Kings need a backup and I have heard a cheap UFA veteran is on the list - my guesses are Bachman, Ellis or McDonald.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing - Jones was solid in 2013-14 when Quick went down and he had to hold the fort. He also however, had the Kings' excellent defense in front of him - Doughty/Mitchell/Muzzin/Regehr/Martinez/Greene.

Last season in whatever minimal starts he got, he was not that good. Kings' defense was decimated at critical junctures whether than be injuries (Martinez/Regehr), stupidity (Voynov) or veteran presence (Mitchell). Can't put the brothers McStiffs in their place and hope to replicate that success.

Not hard to connect the dots why Jones was moved.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berbue likely will be the back up. Hes paid his time in the AHL and is likely ready to come up.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's who I thought too but Futa said Friday during the draft they want to sign a cheap, backup veteran NHL goaltender.

Berube will get no valuable playing time sitting behind Quick for 81.5 of the 82 games much like Bernier and Jones didn't, although Bernier did play more than Jones.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people want Williams back but with Lucic there really isn't a need for him.

Right now we are probably looking at

Lucic-Kopitar-Gaborik
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
King-Lewis-Brown
Clifford-Shore-Nolan.

Tbh our forward lines are still fine and pretty well balanced. Hopefully with the cap space be can bring in a defenseman. Hopefully Sekara but if not maybe we can bring Erhoff in who is look for a short term deal to join a contender.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Williams and he really delivered for LA but the trade for Lucic pretty much killed any chance of him coming back. From what I have read around the web the two are very far apart, Dumbo knew this already when he acquired Lucic. He was as good as gone already and Dumbo knew this.

Like I said above, Williams will be looking for long deal at high bucks (my guess would be 4 years/$22-24 million) but most Cup contenders or those close to it are probably close to maxed out and cannot give that to him.

Anaheim has about $25 million in cap space for 2015-16, but their track record should scare him - 3 straight Pacific Division banners, three straight Game 7 losses at home. This season should really raise some question marks, the first "hard" team they play (Chicago), they folded. It's a possibility though, would be awesome to see him go there but not bring Mr. Game 7 with him.

=)~~

I think the Kings T6 is solid, but I am still a little bit concerned with the B6 lines. I'd feel better having a veteran 4C over Shore but they may not be able to find one. I'm not expecting any of those guys to crack 10 goals this season, maybe King and Brown (huge question mark on that too), but that's it. A team's B6 are difference makers come playoff time.

Great call on Ehrhoff, he would be a solid addition to LA. Now with an extra $4.4 million, not out of the possibility at all. The Kings do need some RH shots though, I wouldn't mind taking a look at Franson who I think would fit in well into the Kings' system - he's not built for the up tempo Nashville game (weird to say, I know) but I'm seeing TO may sign him again. I'd like to see Sekera back since the Kings burned their 2016 1st round pick to get hm.

Ducks just traded a 2016 2nd round pick to Vanloser for Bieksa. I see they are loading up on the douche, start calling them Vancouver South.