• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that rookie LT looking? What are your thoughts on him.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Bakhtiari:

I've been impressed with him so far. Think he is an upgrade over Newhouse who was at left tackle last season. You obviously see those times where as a rookie inexperience, slow reaction hurt him. A few penalties and plays where he just gets pushed aside but have been impressed with him so far. Definitely think he is an upgrade as mentioned over MH, but obviously would have preferred Bulaga. If Rodgers can get rid of the ball a little faster, could help the OL even more. I don't see another 50-sack season

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... for now is exceeding expectations. Overall has held up well, did give up sack in last preseason game to Quinn with swim move to inside.

At this point I would agree upgrade over Newhouse, but only time will tell in regular season.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that sack was the only pressure he's given up the entire preseason so far. He hasn't been very good in the run game but we'll take what we can get at this point.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'll supplant Newhouse until Newhouse has a bad game. A lot of Packer fans seem to be down on Newhouse, but it's pretty clear that he's still the starter, at least for now.

Bakh has a cool, laid-back attitude coming into the league which will serve him well as a player. Go read some of his interviews sometime.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'll supplant Newhouse until Newhouse has a bad game. A lot of Packer fans seem to be down on Newhouse, but it's pretty clear that he's still the starter, at least for now.

Bakh has a cool, laid-back attitude coming into the league which will serve him well as a player. Go read some of his interviews sometime.

How is it clear he is the starter?

Bakh is getting all of the starting reps in games and practice. He hasn't lost any reps to Newhouse.

Meanwhile Newhouse has been battling for the RT job with Barclay and now Barclay has taken that spot

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think it is clear that Bahktiari is the starting LT and Barclay is leading for the RT job. I think it is great to have someone like Newhouse backing up both spots because he has a good amount of game experience.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think it is clear that Bahktiari is the starting LT and Barclay is leading for the RT job. I think it is great to have someone like Newhouse backing up both spots because he has a good amount of game experience.

agreed. I'd rather him be the backup. Because if he gets injured starting on the right side we don't have anyone that can play LT. Now we have a backup who can play both spots

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it clear he is the starter?

Bakh is getting all of the starting reps in games and practice. He hasn't lost any reps to Newhouse.

Meanwhile Newhouse has been battling for the RT job with Barclay and now Barclay has taken that spot

+1

I have to think CY is not even watching any of the preseason games or following any of the TC reports.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newhouse isn't the running for being the starter at LT or RT. He is finally going to be where he belongs, as a back up. Bakhtiari is doing well for being a rookie. He gave up a sack to Quinn but it's not the end of the world. He's missed a couple of blocks in the running game but Lacy just bowled over the missed guy anyways. He handles himself well and says all the right things in interviews. I'm happy with his progress.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea I don't know what your watching but Newhouse has lost that spot, as is close to losing the RT spot

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping that Lacy gives our OL even the slightest amount of pause from defenders. If we can make them think about whether we ar epassing or running for even the smallest amount of time instead of just pinning theirs ears back 80% of the time it will help the team immensely.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the informed answers, I could never ask anything on the bspn boards without a fight starting. This is nice.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could from me...

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1

I have to think CY is not even watching any of the preseason games or following any of the TC reports.

Or I remember Bulaga playing nothing but LG during his rookie season only to get moved to RT once the season started. IIRC, Lang was inserted as the starting LG over Bulaga that year. This is preseason and while I, like many Packer fans, hope Bakh is the starter, I'm not holding my breath. We've seen stranger things occur you know...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or I remember Bulaga playing nothing but LG during his rookie season only to get moved to RT once the season started. IIRC, Lang was inserted as the starting LG over Bulaga that year. This is preseason and while I, like many Packer fans, hope Bakh is the starter, I'm not holding my breath. We've seen stranger things occur you know...

Tauscher started 2010 season (Bulaga's rookie season) at right tackle. He went down in the 4th game and Bulaga was pressed into service.

Packers try and get the best 5 lineman on the field, so they have habit of drafting LTs and then training them where they believe they best fit. Bulaga got reps inside because Clifton and Tauscher had the tackle spots solidified during 2010 TC.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tauscher started 2010 season (Bulaga's rookie season) at right tackle. He went down in the 4th game and Bulaga was pressed into service.

Packers try and get the best 5 lineman on the field, so they have habit of drafting LTs and then training them where they believe they best fit. Bulaga got reps inside because Clifton and Tauscher had the tackle spots solidified during 2010 TC.

But that's my point. Just because the guy looks like he'll be the starter doesn't necessarily mean he'll be the starter. I think they're grooming Bakh to be the LT for the future. If anything is clear, it's that Bulaga is injury-prone and Sherrod probably won't be back anytime soon.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have read, Sherrod will start the season on the PUP list but he is jogging and doing other activities. I wouldnt be shocked if we sees some snaps this years. I think that will be his trial to see if he will remain with the team after this year...

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in the camp that he will not play another down of meaningful football again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to watch the LT in question tonight. He was OK, but not impressive. Like someone said, good in pass protection but nothing in the run blocking department. He is a rookie so time will tell.