• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LSU vs USC

TheGoodMan19

Dealing with pronoun troubles
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojans win!! I thought they would. Their D looked improved and Moss was stellar - I wouldn’t be shocked if USC surprised people this year, no one thought they would do anything after they collapsed last year.

Brian Kelly loses again to start the year LOL. He’s a dickwad and an overrated coach.
LSU has gobs of talent. Three 1st Round picks next year, Harold Landry and the bookend tackles, Emory Jones and Will Campbell. Not a particularly brutal schedule, no Georgia, no Tennessee, no Texas. But it's tough to start the season 0-1, even with the playoff

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Nussmeier related to the former Idaho great Doug Nussmeier?

(edit spelling)

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im reminded of how people once thought that there was going to be a marked drop in quality with the passing of the torch from carson palmer to matt leinart 20 years ago.

May this transition continue to recall that one

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't miss that dude at ND.

Don't get wrong... Kelly is a competent head coach. Even good.

But the guy seems like a total sourpuss. Not that there should be joy after a loss... but his default always seemed to be puckered ass, low key miserable.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the guy seems like a total sourpuss. Not that there should be joy after a loss... but his default always seemed to be puckered ass, low key miserable.
The ND fan owes much to BK. When he took over, ND had lost sight of what was needed to be a major player in college football. He repaired the football infrastructure of ND football and that was no small task.

That being said, it was time. He could never get a dynamic QB on campus to make them a true national championship contender. And then the stuff with this press conference: he throws his kids under the bus. He’s lucky he’s a college coach and kids quickly come and go because that act wears thin after awhile.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ND fan owes much to BK. When he took over, ND had lost sight of what was needed to be a major player in college football. He repaired the football infrastructure of ND football and that was no small task.

That being said, it was time. He could never get a dynamic QB on campus to make them a true national championship contender. And then the stuff with this press conference: he throws his kids under the bus. He’s lucky he’s a college coach and kids quickly come and go because that act wears thin after awhile.
Agreed.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should have heard the LSU fans after the game .They were not happy with Brian Kelly at all.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have heard the LSU fans after the game .They were not happy with Brian Kelly at all.
I believe it... no room for losing at a place like LSU.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful.

First hand knowledge and experience with how the LSU crowd can be, win or lose, now add liquor.

Got to where I refused to attend games against them they were so obnoxious
We were lucky , mostly met really nice LSU fans. There was one guy at the end of our row that I told my friend we should keep away from. The guy was that typical overly invested guy whos whole life revolves around his team. The one who screams in your face if they win but gets super pissed if he hears someone in your group say anything bad about his team. At this stadium the whole crowd is forced to march over the bridge together and you didn't hear any "USC USC" chants or any taunting. I was talking with an LSU fan and asked if you guys had won would it be like this. He laughed and said no, thee would be a lot of yelling and chanting . He said , all in good fun except we do have some who get too drunk and are assholes. I'm guessing those are the ones you've run into.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know a single N.D. fan that liked him. And all were happy when he left South Bend.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it... no room for losing at a place like LSU.
They were like us, Didn;t know what to expect but they felt like they should win. I can't say we were as optimistic, even though I did put money down on USC to win. More than I was going to because I was going to parley ATM and USC and take the points but by the time got to the sports book they had closed bets on the ND game and I ended putting everything on USC to win outright. God saved me from picking against the Irish.lol

Read this from a friend - " fuck all of you who doubted USC......... that includes me."

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were lucky , mostly met really nice LSU fans. There was one guy at the end of our row that I told my friend we should keep away from. The guy was that typical overly invested guy whos whole life revolves around his team. The one who screams in your face if they win but gets super pissed if he hears someone in your group say anything bad about his team. At this stadium the whole crowd is forced to march over the bridge together and you didn't hear any "USC USC" chants or any taunting. I was talking with an LSU fan and asked if you guys had won would it be like this. He laughed and said no, thee would be a lot of yelling and chanting . He said , all in good fun except we do have some who get too drunk and are assholes. I'm guessing those are the ones you've run into.

That was a fun game last night. And that on-handed catch in the 1st quarter (think is was the 1st?) by that USC wr (# 10?) damn!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought that USC would be a member of the BigTen before Notre Dame. Just weird.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know a single N.D. fan that liked him. And all were happy when he left South Bend.
I just thought he treated his players like shit sometimes the way he yelled at them . He just did it so much that I'm sure they tuned him out. A good coach sometimes blows up on a player but does most of that when no one is looking.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a fun game last night. And that on-handed catch in the 1st quarter (think is was the 1st?) by that USC wr (# 10?) damn!
Yeah, we all stood up and everyone including LSU fans were saying what a great catch it was. He also caught that last pass if I'm not mistaken. When that drive started I looked at my group and said "it's Miller Time" and Miller Moss did not disappoint. The guy is going to be special.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought he treated his players like shit sometimes the way he yelled at them . He just did it so much that I'm sure they tuned him out. A good coach sometimes blows up on a player but does most of that when no one is looking.

I loved every minute of it. There's just something I don't like about Kelly. Seems like a smug asshole.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought that USC would be a member of the BigTen before Notre Dame. Just weird.
Never thought of that but so true. But I think it's coming. It was weird hearing people after the game say the B10 just beat the SEC .
I did run into some Ohio St fans this morning, and one told me it's their conference. He looked serious like he wanted to argue but then smiled and said great game last night. lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn’t really “like” Brian Kelly. He’s just an unlikable mercenary type. He never got Notre Dame but he put together a great infrastructure with AD Jack Swarbrick (who does get Notre Dame). Next step for ND is getting a conference. It’s time. ND let the conference thing develop. It’s played out. It’s B10 and SEC and everybody else. ND needs to join the B10 full time.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn’t really “like” Brian Kelly. He’s just an unlikable mercenary type. He never got Notre Dame but he put together a great infrastructure with AD Jack Swarbrick (who does get Notre Dame). Next step for ND is getting a conference. It’s time. ND let the conference thing develop. It’s played out. It’s B10 and SEC and everybody else. ND needs to join the B10 full time.
He did get the Charlie Weiss stink off the ND program. But he hit his ceiling. He did them a favor by leaving.
I watched the A&M game. ND looks good but not so sure about the skill positions. But your schedule is very favorable, with your biggest tests being the first and last game. Should put them in the playoffs. USC might be the team needing that last win to get in.