• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

loving me some aldon smith

Z-Comeback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
look at mario williams, merriman when he was healthy, dwight freeney. watch them play, u go 'wow'. they have freakish ability. aldon smith doesn't have that.

No, he just makes it look easy. If that's not "wow" factor to you, ok.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked to me like Aldon's helmet was above the knee at the beginning of the Stafford hit. Oh well. All Done has made me go wow several times already. He has the wow factor imo.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The scary part is the guy is only 21 so he's only going to get bigger, stronger, and faster.

Also the wing span the guy brings is crazy and if he continues the develop the use of his hands he's going to be a nightmare for offensive lineman to try to block.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he makes the play though right?

i'm not doubting his playmaking ability but look at justin smith, he makes plays with determination. aldon smith uses his long arms and his hands to make offensive linemen look bad. i also think he's benefiting from teams not keying on him, which will change over the rest of the season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sorry I was late. We can all start the Aldon Smith fan club meeting now that your president has arrived. :)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not doubting his playmaking ability but look at justin smith, he makes plays with determination. aldon smith uses his long arms and his hands to make offensive linemen look bad. i also think he's benefiting from teams not keying on him, which will change over the rest of the season.

At this point, I still have no idea what your point is; I just wish you would stop trying to make it.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I still have no idea what your point is; I just wish you would stop trying to make it.

it is pretty simple. watch aldon smith vs say dwight freeney. that will show my point. aldon can be a solid 10 sack guy, but he's not in the elite class of pass rushers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it is pretty simple. watch aldon smith vs say dwight freeney. that will show my point. aldon can be a solid 10 sack guy, but he's not in the elite class of pass rushers.

at this point we certainly shouldn't compare Aldon to Freeney and other top rushers? but even you have to admit he's progressed (in sacks and pressure) further than you'd predict?

so if you want to say he doesn't have the wow (i don't get it either?) fine, but his performances to date (half games?) speak for itself.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
at this point we certainly shouldn't compare Aldon to Freeney and other top rushers? but even you have to admit he's progressed (in sacks and pressure) further than you'd predict?

so if you want to say he doesn't have the wow (i don't get it either?) fine, but his performances to date (half games?) speak for itself.

Agreed, Deep!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure why it's so hard for people. most of the top pass rushers are simply amazing to watch. aldon smith is making plays, but to think he's the next ware is dumb at this point. he isn't in the same league talent wise. that is my point.

teams scheme around other players on our d leaving aldon smith room to make plays and he's taking advantage. he's slipping through the cracks, but coordinators will take notice and adjust.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I disagree with the bolded part. Theres many times this year already where he is being doubled team. I was surprised how soon teams were starting to do this. I believe the Eagles game is where it all began.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looked to me like Aldon's helmet was above the knee at the beginning of the Stafford hit. Oh well. All Done has made me go wow several times already. He has the wow factor imo.

i thought he was pushed down by the OL too. that play shouldn't have been flagged imo

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
did Charles Haley have the wow factor? I'm guessing FlyingIguana doesn't think he did. He wasn't flashy, off the charts athletic, or dramatic. He just got the job done. I'll take that everyday!

I actually think there are a lot of similarities between aldon and haley. haley was a lanky but smooth pass rusher who just seemed to always find a way to put pressure on the qb. aldon seems to have this same sort of style. i like it. i like it a lot

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually that's a good comparison. so aldon smith is a poor mans haley.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I noticed the hand thing as well and I love it. There isn't anything wrong with how he is getting it done IMO.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
bottom line.....Aldon's progress is just fine. its a given college DE's need time to transition, so for a short off season and five games, he's just fine.

to "critique" him now as not an elite NFL rusher, of course not.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol the kid is still learning and we are criticizing him as not elite. How many elite guys where elite at this point in their career? how many weeks has it been since the season started?

Of course he isn't elite yet, kinda goes with out saying. Right now 99% are talking about potential, if he is a poor mans Haley already, i expect him to continue growing, so lets see what he becomes before applying elite standards.

AdjustingRoutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol the kid is still learning and we are criticizing him as not elite. How many elite guys where elite at this point in their career? how many weeks has it been since the season started?

Of course he isn't elite yet, kinda goes with out saying. Right now 99% are talking about potential, if he is a poor mans Haley already, i expect him to continue growing, so lets see what he becomes before applying elite standards.

No, he is already elite. He has been the most productive pass rusher in football on a snap per snap basis . People who whine about his coverage skills don't understand the 34 scheme, and probably wish Manny Lawson was still here, lmao.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a 3-4 OLB. His job is to rush the passer. If you're worried about coverage, maybe we can get Manny the bum Lawson back.

In our system we used Manny to cover quite a bit, but when he was asked to rush he did quite well. Pass Rushing Productivity | ProFootballFocus.com you'll find Lawson right there below Ware in pass rushing productivity. He may not have been the greatest, but he was far from a bum.