• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

loving me some aldon smith

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't we?

Yep yep, just good OLB came to mind when you first posted that. Aldon really does remind me of a slightly bigger Ware. His freshman year at MU I thought they were very similar. I'm curious as to how similar they are speed wise. Aldon has always seemed deceptively fast (or explosive if you will). I'm not sure if it's his stride or what, but it looks so fluid and effortless that he's accused of being slow.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep yep, just good OLB came to mind when you first posted that. Aldon really does remind me of a slightly bigger Ware. His freshman year at MU I thought they were very similar. I'm curious as to how similar they are speed wise. Aldon has always seemed deceptively fast (or explosive if you will). I'm not sure if it's his stride or what, but it looks so fluid and effortless that he's accused of being slow.

Correction, it looks like Aldon and Demarcus are about the same size. I had seen Aldon listed as 6'5" 268 before, but that seems a bit exaggerated.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He ran a 4.74 at the combine at 265 lbs. That's pretty good. That put him 10th amongst DEs at the combine, but 2011 was a very fast DL class. In 2010 that would've put him 4th, and in 2009 he would've been tied for 6th with Brian Orakpo.

He's not Ware but with his size and wingspan he's very talented.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ran a 4.74 at the combine at 265 lbs. That's pretty good. That put him 10th amongst DEs at the combine, but 2011 was a very fast DL class. In 2010 that would've put him 4th, and in 2009 he would've been tied for 6th with Brian Orakpo.

He's not Ware but with his size and wingspan he's very talented.[/QUOTE]

Just to add to what you stated as his talents. I've never seen a pass rusher use his hands in the way Aldon Smith does. You can see the martial arts from his background translate to the football field. He's only going to get better is what excites me!
:kk:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he doesn't seem overly talented like some pass rushers, but he seems smart. very subtle moves to get around guys.

Wha?!?!?!

Not only does that guys have very nice physical talent, but I've seen him use several different moves to get to the QB. He is lookin' more and more legit everyday. Side note, he seemed to be on the field ALOT today...did he get the start?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we go extra DBs we tend to use 4 down linemen. So that brings more PT for Aldon. Detroit uses a lot of 3 WR sets.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a beast in Madden. Niners are rated 85 now BTW.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we go extra DBs we tend to use 4 down linemen. So that brings more PT for Aldon. Detroit uses a lot of 3 WR sets.

Maybe it's semantics, but I thought our nickel was more of an amoeba look like GB does. Today I saw alot of J. Smith and RayMac in 3 point stances, Brooks some 3 and some 3 point, and All-Done in 2 point stances but mainly, I couldn't remember seeing Haralson at all.

frisco_spartan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe it's semantics, but I thought our nickel was more of an amoeba look like GB does. Today I saw alot of J. Smith and RayMac in 3 point stances, Brooks some 3 and some 3 point, and All-Done in 2 point stances but mainly, I couldn't remember seeing Haralson at all.

I could have sworn i seen harralson in street cloths

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe that he wasn't on the field toward the end of the game. He and Justin next to each other are a nasty combination. He's not a burner around the edge a la Freeney, but he just gets it done. And honestly, I think his low-blow penalty early in the game threw Stafford off a bit and resulted in him missing several throws.

Agreed, and I was glad to see it. Since we were getting hit with so many phantom penalties all game, I was actually rooting for dude to tear somebody's head off. Literally.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wish he would learn to cover tho and maybe catch. But I get pumped when I see him out there

wasn't noticing him against the run, granted Detroit wasn't running as much in the 2nd half. we now know he can sack and pressure, for me i'd like him to be a good run defender next.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not Ware but with his size and wingspan he's very talented.

I know a lot of people rip his 40 speed, but his 10 and 20 yard splits are identical to Wares. I think he might need to build some more strength, but so far he has shown it's not an issue.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what that means.

look at mario williams, merriman when he was healthy, dwight freeney. watch them play, u go 'wow'. they have freakish ability. aldon smith doesn't have that.

bing_blunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is there info out there on how many snaps each defensive player played? Wondering about playing time for not onyl Haralson/Aldon but also the CBs and even RJF and Reggie Smith.