• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Love: Wolves have better team/foundation than Lakers

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is he suppose to say? I hate it here I can't wait to leave? I'm a Wolves fan and i've already made peace with the fact he's gone although i'm not so sure it will be to the Lakers.

You're right. It will be Chicago.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that facetiously. He also said "I'll never say Earvin, you have to stop saying this or that."

Lots of interesting stuff from Mitch. He said the Lakers weren't simply looking to dump salary to get under the luxury tax threshold which they easily could have. The Lakers were looking to take back assets as well as dumping salary. They obviously couldn't get the appropriate assets, in their view anyway.
Someone in the org probably should. All he's done since he sold his shares is dump on front office decisions.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LAKERS are the NBA.

The league is better when the Lakers are good.
The league makes more money when the Lakers are good.
The league NEEDS a good Lakers team. They cannot rely on the LBJ short term forever.
The league will do anything (up to and including 2014 tinfoil hat conspiracy rigged lotteries) to make sure the Lakers are good.

And it makes sense.
If profits are spinning out of control with a good Lakers team, you better damn well believe the league will make sure it happens.

I cannot even fault them. This is A BUSINESS. The Lakers are great for the business of the NBA.
They are more important than any 20 lesser franchises combined to the overall product and NBA brand.

Don't kid yourself Kevin Love.

The league makes more money when the lakers are good?

Audited Numbers Show NBA Lost Over $1.5B Over Last Five Years - Forbes

So when the lakers were good.. the NBA lost 1.5 billion over 5 years...

But they get bad.. and revenues go up 20% in a year?

Stern estimates NBA revenue up 20 percent to $5B | NBA.com

Hmmmm... kind of crazy... You say something.. offer no back up, yet the numbers say otherwise.. who to believe..who to believe...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone in the org probably should. All he's done since he sold his shares is dump on front office decisions.

Some fan wrote him a long letter about his complaining. Magic responded...

Laker Nation: I'm going to stop complaining. I'm going to support and encourage Jim Buss and Coach D'Antoni because I love the Lakers!

Laker Nation: It doesn't do the Lakers players, coaches or ownership any good for me to complain.

These were tweeted on January 30th. How are you posting tweets?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league makes more money when the lakers are good?

Audited Numbers Show NBA Lost Over $1.5B Over Last Five Years - Forbes

So when the lakers were good.. the NBA lost 1.5 billion over 5 years...

But they get bad.. and revenues go up 20% in a year?

Stern estimates NBA revenue up 20 percent to $5B | NBA.com

Hmmmm... kind of crazy... You say something.. offer no back up, yet the numbers say otherwise.. who to believe..who to believe...

The Lakers generate insane profits. They pay huge in revenue sharing. The audited numbers show the majority of teams operate at a loss. Luckily they have the Lakers to make up for some of their losses.