• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Louisville's next HC?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interviews with Petrino, Chad Morris, Narduzzi,Derek Mason, Shawn Watson, and Vance Bedord already?

[ame]http://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/420753966645784577[/ame]

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dabo-swinney-meme.jpg

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants Pat Narduzzi, he punches babies and puppies in the face.

Look it's Munchak.

*puts a bag over Narduzzi's head throws him in a trunk*

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Mack Brown could work at UL if he still wants to coach?

Louisville would jump all over him.

But he won't, because it removes the "I resigned because" stuff.

Mack could probably do better as well.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda of weird but Petrino is a home run hire here. No way Auburn could have hired him last year but with the past history, fan base familiarity and success on the field if you are the UL AD and have a shot you have to swallow pride, pull this trigger and just make his buyout insane.

Moving to the ACC isn't going to be all like the Miami game it's a much tougher road and Petrino can ease that tremendously not to mention stud QB's like to play for him.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants Pat Narduzzi, he punches babies and puppies in the face.

Look it's Munchak.

*puts a bag over Narduzzi's head throws him in a trunk*

I honestly don't understand what is happening at MSU. You have Dantonio and Narduzzi, both high caliber candidates for HC positions at major schools, and Michigan fans can't seem to get any luck in getting rid of them. And not just for one year, for like 5 years this has been going on.

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jurich knows far more than I – and I have complete confidence in his decision.

For me – it would be Narduzzi, Morris (who is now out of the picture) and perhaps take a shot at Kirby Smart.

Patrino would not be my first choice - however there are advantages to taking him back.

Aside from the fact that he can flat out coach & win - the likelihood of him leaving (although not zero) would be smaller than another up & coming assistant who makes a name for himself in a few short years & then bolts - hence the vicious cycle here in the Ville.

Regardless – it looks like a decision will be announced tomorrow – and Louisville Football will maintain its upward trajectory moving forward.

Your Brother in Football

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't understand what is happening at MSU. You have Dantonio and Narduzzi, both high caliber candidates for HC positions at major schools, and Michigan fans can't seem to get any luck in getting rid of them. And not just for one year, for like 5 years this has been going on.

Texas had a hard time finding a head coach as well. Their first 3-4 choices all said no to them. I think some of these historically great programs who are in a little lull right now are finding it difficult for a replacement because of their rabid fanbases. While it is great to have such passionate fans, when the expectations are unreasonable, it hurts. If you have fans calling for your head for 9-10 win seasons, why would you want to go there?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree... Considering until recently that Dantonio was like one of the lowest paid HBCs in the B1G... I can't imagine MSU's assistants were paid much better...

Granted, until recently MSU wasn't exactly a B1G powerhouse...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... Considering until recently that Dantonio was like one of the lowest paid HBCs in the B1G... I can't imagine MSU's assistants were paid much better...

Granted, until recently MSU wasn't exactly a B1G powerhouse...

Narduzzi is now the highest paid defensive coordinator in the Big10 and after the Rose Bowl all of the assistants got a big raise as well. Dantonio was 9th in the B1G as far as pay and now he is 3rd, behind Hoke and Meyer (understandably why for both of those two).

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Narduzzi is now the highest paid defensive coordinator in the Big10 and after the Rose Bowl all of the assistants got a big raise as well. Dantonio was 9th in the B1G as far as pay and now he is 3rd, behind Hoke and Meyer (understandably why for both of those two).

IDK why he'd be behind Hoke... Dantonio has proven to be a much better coach...

and frankly, beat Meyer head to head this year and was 2 points away last year...

And after last night, I'm getting real sick of your shit, Sparty...

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jurich knows far more than I – and I have complete confidence in his decision.

For me – it would be Narduzzi, Morris (who is now out of the picture) and perhaps take a shot at Kirby Smart.

Patrino would not be my first choice - however there are advantages to taking him back.

Aside from the fact that he can flat out coach & win - the likelihood of him leaving (although not zero) would be smaller than another up & coming assistant who makes a name for himself in a few short years & then bolts - hence the vicious cycle here in the Ville.

Regardless – it looks like a decision will be announced tomorrow – and Louisville Football will maintain its upward trajectory moving forward.

Your Brother in Football

My thought is give Petrino 3 million a year with incentives on top, make his buyout 10 million, at least a 10 year deal and use Strong cash to buy him out of Western Ky. At that point he is locked up long term, if he leaves it's one hell of a pay day plus you have cash to get who ever you want and honestly I don't see UL missing much of a beat.

If you are the AD you HAVE to attempt this and you have about a week to do it and almost no recruiting ramifications.

UL maybe the only school in the country that can pull this off without negative press. The more I have thought about this the faster I would move.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK why he'd be behind Hoke... Dantonio has proven to be a much better coach...

and frankly, beat Meyer head to head this year and was 2 points away last year...

And after last night, I'm getting real sick of your shit, Sparty...

It's not as much as what the coaches have done but more of where they coach at. Expectations are much higher and they will have a much shorter leash there. If Dantonio averages 9 wins a season for the next 5-6 years I don't think there will be many people demanding he be fired like what Carr was seeing at UM. Heck Cooper had one bad year after 1988 and he was shown the door.

"JUST LIKE FOOTBALL, JUST LIKE FOOTBALL"

Playing at Breslin is very tough. And I was shitting a brick when you guys came back from 17 down to take it to overtime. My guess is it will be a different story down in Columbus. My guess is OSU by about 7 at this point.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper was shown the door mainly due to his god awful record against Michigan... Buckeyes don't take kindly to going 11-1 every year if that loss is to Michigan...