• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Louis Murphy traded to the Panthers

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders still think they have a number 1 receiver in DHB :violin:

When expectations run high with DHB, so do the drops!!

They still have Ford and Denarius Moore as well. I wonder how high of a pick they got. Murphy was definitely their most annoying WR.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Oakland Raiders announced they have traded speedy wide receiver Louis Murphy to the Carolina Panthers in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick.

Well, that's just dumb. I think they should have traded for a disclosed draft pick. ;) I suppose it would be like Christmas, where you don't know whether you're getting a great gift or your grandfather's childhood sweater, until draft day. :wink:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's just dumb. I think they should have traded for a disclosed draft pick. ;) I suppose it would be like Christmas, where you don't know whether you're getting a great gift or your grandfather's childhood sweater, until draft day. :wink:

Haha very true. This could be a very good move for the Panthers who are in obvious need of WR help. I liked his talent coming out of college, but he's one of the most annoying players I've ever heard speak. As long as Steve Smith doesn't punch him in the face he may be their number 2 WR. I doubt the Panthers had to give up more than a 6th rounder.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Panthers also traded Jeff Otah to the Jets in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick. Keeping him healthy looks like it's always going to be a challenge but if he can turn that around, he could do some very nice things for them.

Louis Murphy is unbearable to listen to.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Panthers also traded Jeff Otah to the Jets in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick. Keeping him healthy looks like it's always going to be a challenge but if he can turn that around, he could do some very nice things for them.

I was surprised when I read this. I dont follow the Panthers all that much but Otah is a pretty big name. Thought he was considered one of their better players.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was surprised when I read this. I dont follow the Panthers all that much but Otah is a pretty big name. Thought he was considered one of their better players.

I think a high percentage of people feel he's one of their better players. He's just been one of the least durable in the entire league the last couple years. And now there's this:

Darin Gantt:

If the Jets doctors have a cure for soft, they have a steal. A lot of folks in the Panthers organization wondered if Otah cared anymore.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shefter just posted this on facebook One reason Carolina was willing to trade talented OT Jeff Otah to the Jets was because he is entering the last year of his contract.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think a high percentage of people feel he's one of their better players. He's just been one of the least durable in the entire league the last couple years. And now there's this:

Darin Gantt:

If the Jets doctors have a cure for soft, they have a steal. A lot of folks in the Panthers organization wondered if Otah cared anymore.

Damn, we should have traded for him. Nobody knows how to beat Frederick P. like Jimmy does....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

haha

[i had to read it twice]

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm the last guy of anybody I know to make light of commitment/weight/durability issues, but a conditional 7th would have sounded pretty sweet to me.

Schefter:

Jets traded conditional 7th-round pick to Panthers for Jeff Otah. Panthers traded conditional 7th-round pick to Oakland for Louis Murphy.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For a guy who, if he does play, has the talent to be a pretty darn good OT? Yeah, that seems like a pretty low price to pay. Though he's only played 29 games in four years, and only four in the last two seasons.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Raiders still think they have a number 1 receiver in DHB :violin:

When expectations run high with DHB, so do the drops!!

Panthers have no choice. They really have a sh8tty a$$ wr corps.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hell, if we hadn't picked up Moss I might be tempted by Murphy at that price. He's a pretty decent deep threat. I didn't realize how tall he is at nearly 6'2 1/2".

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Reviewing their roster, I'm reminded that someone on the ESPN board a couple years ago was trying to convince me that Armanti Edwards would have a better season, as a rookie, than someone...forget who. I can't even remember who I took in that would-be bet, but I feel confident I won that one.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If things between ther 49ers and Crabtree get a bit shaky.... at least we know who to talk to....

:duck:

^ this face is nothing more than win....

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a great deal for Utah IMO. He's well worth a chance for a 7th round pick.

I remembered how much you hated listening to him pozz. And you seem to be able to tolerate quite a bit, so that's definitely saying something.