• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Loud and Clear Ozzie

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webby got the message loud and clear when Ozzie traded Ngata because he wouldn't restructure his contract, and he said; "Am I next" ?
He would have been but decided to agree to a pay cut of 2 mil and justly so.....
I hate losing Ngata, but I applaud Ozzie for setting the example and letting these overpaid players know they will take what they are worth or be gone !!
Andy Reid did it with T.O when he was at Philly, and Harbs learned from him, no one player is bigger than the game......
But this ain't new for Ozzie, he let Ray Lewis test the market, and Ed Reed leave along with a host of others..
Belichick does it the same way, it's more productive for a team long term for consistent success ....
It ain't popular with us fans but when I think about it, I'd rather have a chance every yr to get in the playoffs and make a run than 1 shot every 3 yrs or so because of cap trouble....:nod:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webby got the message loud and clear when Ozzie traded Ngata because he wouldn't restructure his contract, and he said; "Am I next" ?
He would have been but decided to agree to a pay cut of 2 mil and justly so.....
I hate losing Ngata, but I applaud Ozzie for setting the example and letting these overpaid players know they will take what they are worth or be gone !!
Andy Reid did it with T.O when he was at Philly, and Harbs learned from him, no one player is bigger than the game......
But this ain't new for Ozzie, he let Ray Lewis test the market, and Ed Reed leave along with a host of others..
Belichick does it the same way, it's more productive for a team long term for consistent success ....
It ain't popular with us fans but when I think about it, I'd rather have a chance every yr to get in the playoffs and make a run than 1 shot every 3 yrs or so because of cap trouble....:nod:
it works here. fans get attached to players. we root for a shirt with meat in it. the meat always changes, the shirt doesnt.

Pappy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Steeler fan, we have the same problem with Polamolu right now. I totally expect us to release him because of his large contract and lack of production. We are much like the Ravens in this respect.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Steeler fan, we have the same problem with Polamolu right now. I totally expect us to release him because of his large contract and lack of production. We are much like the Ravens in this respect.

Is his contract a big cap hit, or do they just want to get younger at the Safety position....I seriously doubt that finding another Polly will be very likely....He's lost a step but still hard to beat, love that guys play....

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Try and say this on a Lions board right now. Mayhew screwed up restructuring, but did the right thing instead of doubling down on his first mistake. My scary part is can they develop or get the right comp pick in the 3rd next year? This is where the Ravens do a good job. Developing not just comp picks, but late rounders. The Lions do NOT develop talent.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try and say this on a Lions board right now. Mayhew screwed up restructuring, but did the right thing instead of doubling down on his first mistake. My scary part is can they develop or get the right comp pick in the 3rd next year? This is where the Ravens do a good job. Developing not just comp picks, but late rounders. The Lions do NOT develop talent.

Well we have trouble developing WR's, and QB's for that matter, Joe is our only success in that area and Torrey was our best effort WR, and he is a #2 in most analysts estimation. Ozzie does a good job with the other positions but those 2 are far from braggin' material....

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny because CJ developed with no help and nobody else ever has.

I am still waiting for Stafford to put it together. At least you got a ring before over paying Flacco.

Pappy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is his contract a big cap hit, or do they just want to get younger at the Safety position....I seriously doubt that finding another Polly will be very likely....He's lost a step but still hard to beat, love that guys play....
Both, hopefully he decides to retire now as a Steeler, I can't see us resigning him.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny because CJ developed with no help and nobody else ever has.

I am still waiting for Stafford to put it together. At least you got a ring before over paying Flacco.

Megatron was so good he didn't need any developing, they don't come along too often.....Matter of fact, since Jerry Rice admits to illegally using stickum, CJ is the best wr to date in my estimation.....
Flacco wasn't overpaid as many believe, his cap hit just now reached 14 mil the 3rd yr in....Ngata, and I think Suggs were getting more than him the first 2 yrs and Webb was getting about the same as him until now.
I maintain that all NFL players are overpaid, but according to scale, he's well within the pay range and several are being paid more that haven't won a thing....
2016 will be the big hit for him and everyone knows it will be redone for the cap, he'll get his guaranteed money but the rest depends on how long he is productive for B'more.....
Ozzie won't be gouged by any player, you can bet on that, just ask Ngata, who had 16 mil coming this yr but wouldn't restructure.....Great player, and Ozzie sent him packing.....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both, hopefully he decides to retire now as a Steeler, I can't see us resigning him.

He's been a great one that's for sure !!

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ngata was not getting any better as a player and the ravens seem to always have big defensive lineman waiting so i dnt blame them for trading ngata

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ngata was not getting any better as a player and the ravens seem to always have big defensive lineman waiting so i dnt blame them for trading ngata

I don't blame them either, although I hated to see him go, I completely understand why and agree it had to be done.....We do have a young gun that is very promising to step right in for him but it's yet to be seen if he can match the level of play and the versatility of Haloti in his prime.....

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame them either, although I hated to see him go, I completely understand why and agree it had to be done.....We do have a young gun that is very promising to step right in for him but it's yet to be seen if he can match the level of play and the versatility of Haloti in his prime.....

true.. but part of managing and keeping a team good is getting rid of players a year early so you can get something for them.