• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks, 12/15/16, 8:25PM EST; NBC

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who came in after the concussion?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA-SEA GRADES: SEAHAWKS PRODUCE BIG PLAYS ON BOTH SIDES OF BALL IN WIN
MICHAEL RENNER8 HOURS AGO

Seattle Seahawks 24, Los Angeles Rams 3

Here are the top-graded players and biggest takeaways from Seattle’s 24-3 win over the Rams in Week 15:

Quarterback grade: Russell Wilson, 71.0

Even in win, Wilson still misses more throws than usual

Wilson’s stat line may look night and day from last Sunday, but the improvement was far less significant than that. The Seahawks quarterback still missed a more throws than we’re used to seeing. The fourth down underthrow to Marcel Reece would have been a far larger deal had he not gotten bailed out by a penalty, and his interception – albeit in garbage time – was a complete head-scratcher. In the end, Wilson still finished with an adjusted completion percentage of 82.6.

Top offensive grades:

WR Tyler Lockett, 78.6

TE Jimmy Graham, 74.5

RB Thomas Rawls, 71.0

WR Doug Baldwin, 68.9

C Justin Britt, 60.8

Run-blocking is non-existent

As is almost always the case when these two teams meet, the Seattle offensive line was manhandled. On 22 carries, running back Thomas Rawls gained a total of -10 yards before contact. That is not a typo. It was as dominantly as we’ve seen a defensive line move the line of scrimmage all season long. Rawls had to average 1.9 yards after contact per attempt to get to a measly 1.5 yards per carry. Thankfully, that’s the last Seattle will be seeing of the Rams defensive line this season.

Top defensive grades:

DE Michael Bennett, 86.6

LB Bobby Wagner, 83.3

CB DeShawn Shead, 82.4

S Kam Chancellor, 81.7

CB Jeremy Lane, 80.5

Defense bounces back on short rest

Just four days after giving up 38 points to the Packers, the Seattle defense looked much better against Los Angeles. The Seattle defensive ends had a field day, with the four players combining for 13 pressures, including five sacks. Thursday night was Michael Bennett’s highest pass-rushing grade of this season, and Cliff Avril’s best pass-rushing game since Week 9. However, three missed tackles in the run game and an offsides penalty brought down his overall grade. It was a little bit of a down night for Richard Sherman compared to his typical level of play. He gave up two first downs on crossing routes in man coverage and was called for a defensive holding penalty.

Quarterback grade: Jared Goff, 67.1

Jared Goff and the rest of the Rams’ offense had their work cut out for them going up against a good Seattle defense on a short week and just days after firing former head coach Jeff Fisher. That said, it wasn’t a great night for Goff. He didn’t turn the ball over at all, but he had issues with accuracy on several occasions, including missing on what should have been a wide-open touchdown, and didn’t handle pressure well. On 13 dropbacks under pressure, he completed just two passes for 19 total yards and was sacked five times.

Top Offensive grades:

C Tim Barnes, 79.7

LG Rodger Saffold, 71.5

WR Kenny Britt, 71.2

WR Tavon Austin, 70.0

WR Pharoh Cooper, 65.2

Offense gives Goff little help

While Goff wasn’t great, neither was the rest of the offense. Goff was under pressure on 43 percent of his dropbacks, with the tackles being the biggest offenders. RT Rob Havenstein had his lowest-graded game in pass protection of his career, as he allowed seven total pressures, including three sacks. The run game didn’t go much better, as Todd Gurley was given little room to maneuver and averaged -0.2 yards before contact on his 14 carries.

Top defensive grades:

DT Aaron Donald, 90.6

DE William Hayes, 84.9

LB Alec Ogletree, 82.6

S T.J. McDonald, 79.5

DT Cam Thomas, 77.7

Backups predictably struggle

There is a reason why Cody Davis, Troy Hill, and Michael Jordan haven’t been starting all year for the Rams, and we saw why Thursday night. Hill was absurdly toasted on a fade route where he wasn’t within shouting distance of Doug Baldwin in the end zone. Jordan got picked on to the tune of six catches on six targets for 70 yards and a touchdown. And Davis got into the act by dropping to the deep middle of the defense, while everyone else played Cover-2 allowing Tyler Lockett a walk-in deep touchdown. It’s a shame that it had to spoil such a dominant performance up front.

PFF Game Ball: Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15538246_158622767952765_5892918412576817152_n.jpg

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only gave you a like Coug, instead of a funny, because there has been nothing funny about this year, let alone the past 5years!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley had -4 yards on 5 carries in second half, after having pretty decent first half.

Pretty much sums up our oline, our lack of adjustments at haltime, and pretty much our year as a whole?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody needs to give the Rams SJ's number.

I bet he could fix this mess.

Although, even he may not want to mess with this garbage.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it makes any difference whom plays QB for the Rams, Hell! Superman wouldn't be able to win with this lousy team, I still wonder if Goff should finish the season or Keenum. Goff needs a lot of work and I fear he could get hurt playing behind this pathetic O-Line. I'd like to see him play against a weak defense like the 9ers and Cardinals but if he blows a knee out he may never get to his full potential. Maybe it will be wise to let Case go the rest of the way. We might lose both games but I think the team has written the season off anyway. Lose the last two and get on with another rebuild.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it makes any difference whom plays QB for the Rams, Hell! Superman wouldn't be able to win with this lousy team, I still wonder if Goff should finish the season or Keenum. Goff needs a lot of work and I fear he could get hurt playing behind this pathetic O-Line. I'd like to see him play against a weak defense like the 9ers and Cardinals but if he blows a knee out he may never get to his full potential. Maybe it will be wise to let Case go the rest of the way. We might lose both games but I think the team has written the season off anyway. Lose the last two and get on with another rebuild.

I'd ride out the season with Goff if he can go, he's already behind the curve, let him play and get more experience and hopefully more confidence? He'll he could get hurt week 1 next year, we can't worry about that?

If we don't beat ourselves we should be able to beat the 9ers with any of our 3 QB's, not that it matters, but it's always nice to win?
If Goff can't go, I'd like to see what we have in Mannion, we already know what Keenum "can't"do!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley had -4 yards on 5 carries in second half, after having pretty decent first half.

Pretty much sums up our oline, our lack of adjustments at haltime, and pretty much our year as a whole?

Some of it needs to go on Gurley though. It's the same Oline as last year. And him getting stuffed on 4th in 1 was on him. He needs to run one guy over.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else concerned with Goff's toughness?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only gave you a like Coug, instead of a funny, because there has been nothing funny about this year, let alone the past 5years!

I love the middle school offense book :pound:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important thing we need to do besides getting a good coach and gm is build that offensive line, you can't run or pass for shit until it gets fixed. Robinson moving to guard s the first step, the guy is a terrible tackle but would be a good guard.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd ride out the season with Goff if he can go, he's already behind the curve, let him play and get more experience and hopefully more confidence? He'll he could get hurt week 1 next year, we can't worry about that?

If we don't beat ourselves we should be able to beat the 9ers with any of our 3 QB's, not that it matters, but it's always nice to win?
If Goff can't go, I'd like to see what we have in Mannion, we already know what Keenum "can't"do!
I guess I can agree with that but what worries me is just what happened last night. He could have stepped out of bounds but instead because of his inexperience he plowed ahead and took a really hard hit. But you're right he could get hurt at anytime, it's that kind of sport. I would like to see Mannion too. If the Rams need a clipboard holder I will do it for a lot less money than Mannion. Hell give him a shot! From what I just read it looks like Goff may not be able to play next week.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let Goff rest the rest of the way, put MANnion in to start. Playing Keenum is a waste of time.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three things I already knew going into the game, that just served as confirmation.

1. Richard Sherman is a punk.

2. Pete Carroll is just much of a bitch. He is the type of guy who would kick someone when they are down from getting beating up by someone else.

3. Seattle desperately needs HFA because they aren't that great.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Goff rest the rest of the way, put MANnion in to start. Playing Keenum is a waste of time.

If Goff is healthy play him, you get experience from playing, 9ers could be a real confidence booster? obviously Mannion isn't going to get that chance, although I would like to see him?