• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams @ New Jets, 11/13/16, 1:00 PM, EST; FOX

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another road game against former Rams Ryan Fitzpatrick who has turned into quite a sniveling, whiney QB. They give up 26 points per game so we should have no problem scoring on this team but with our cluster eff job of an offense, we might get 10 points on the board if we are lucky. The D will probably be on the field the most as usual. Right now, in my mind, this game is a toss-up.

Last edited:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think a shitty defense like the Jets would be a great time to put in Goff. If Keenum struggles early in the first half, I think Goff will play.

Oh wait, Fisher is the coach. Never mind.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as Keenum is the starting QB and the O-line cannot run block, this team will continue to lose more than they win.

and for Goff to not get any game experience in what has already become a losing season is just ridiculous. if they are going to lose, they might as well with their rookie QB getting experience versus trotting out journeyman Keenum.

the only ones loving what Fisher is doing are the Titans.

is this Fisher's way of paying back his old team for wasting a pick on Vince Young ( by trying to get them a top 3 pick to replace the one he wasted on Young )? :scratch:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The excitement that I felt in August is all gone. I've seen my share of 7-9 seasons and I'm not really looking forward to another one. When Fisher is gone I will be more interested in watching again, but for now I will just catch the lowlights on espn.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as Keenum is the starting QB and the O-line cannot run block, this team will continue to lose more than they win.

and for Goff to not get any game experience in what has already become a losing season is just ridiculous. if they are going to lose, they might as well with their rookie QB getting experience versus trotting out journeyman Keenum.

the only ones loving what Fisher is doing are the Titans.

is this Fisher's way of paying back his old team for wasting a pick on Vince Young ( by trying to get them a top 3 pick to replace the one he wasted on Young )? :scratch:

Do you REALLY want to get this kid smashed behind this crappy O-line??? You mention that we can't run block, but it doesn't seem like we can pass block all that well either... Like I mentioned in another thread, this kid just turned 22, he's VERY young. Why rush him???

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you REALLY want to get this kid smashed behind this crappy O-line??? You mention that we can't run block, but it doesn't seem like we can pass block all that well either... Like I mentioned in another thread, this kid just turned 22, he's VERY young. Why rush him???

That is a very legitimate concern. However, I feel that if Goff can produce better than Keenum, then that will help keep the opposing defense off balance.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you run the risk of getting Goff Bulgerized if we put him just because we want to see someone else in there besides screw-up Keenum. This may be a catch 22.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you run the risk of getting Goff Bulgerized if we put him just because we want to see someone else in there besides screw-up Keenum. This may be a catch 22.

EXACTLY what I am afraid of!!! Our O-line stinks!!!...Not sure I want our prized rookie taking that risk at only 22 years old(yes, I know, the cheesy 22 connection lol)...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then, at least put Mannion in.

Trotting Keenum out there every week is like watching Groundhog Day.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But here's the other thing... By holding Goff/Mannion out for another year, it likely extends Fishers job another year...Forget being a Rams fan for a sec, think about being a guy trying to preseve your job...If you play the guys you have been holding back and they play horrible, you're gone...If you wait until next year, you might still be gone if Goff/Mannion plays badly but you collect another 7 million dollars...What do you do? hmmmm????

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But here's the other thing... By holding Goff/Mannion out for another year, it likely extends Fishers job another year...Forget being a Rams fan for a sec, think about being a guy trying to preseve your job...If you play the guys you have been holding back and they play horrible, you're gone...If you wait until next year, you might still be gone if Goff/Mannion plays badly but you collect another 7 million dollars...What do you do? hmmmm????

Very true

He's got to know this is his last HC job, so he very well could be milking it for every last penny ( as if he hasn't ripped off enough teams over the years? ).

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true

He's got to know this is his last HC job, so he very well could be milking it for every last penny ( as if he hasn't ripped off enough teams over the years? ).

He most certainly is...Like I mentioned in another thread(and I HATE to say it again) but the key year for this team is 2018...If we win this year or next year is just a bonus...In other words, Fisher is just a "place-setting" until 2018...

However, The reason they hasn't gotten the extention yet??? Kroenke expected us to be at least competitive ths year and we are not... Not necessarily a playoff team, but close enough to get people excited to get to 2018 and so far it's not working...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY what I am afraid of!!! Our O-line stinks!!!...Not sure I want our prized rookie taking that risk at only 22 years old(yes, I know, the cheesy 22 connection lol)...

So when will our Oline be acceptable for him to play? Thats a joke. If he gets 'BUGERIZED" that means he doesn't have it period. That just means he's not mentally tough and doesn't have it anyway. All QB's take hits. Why are all these other rookies QB's having success and they were drafted late in the draft. We gave up 6 picks for him we need to see what we have.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can't put Mannion in because he most likely is the best QB on the roster. He would look like a fool for giving up the farm for Goff.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is in a no win position. if he puts Goff in and he does good people will say why wasn't he playing before we had a shot at the division. If he sucks we know that is bad. He didn't want to be in this position the problem was Goff could not play week one so he was forced to play Keenum. Unfortunately somehow he still isn't ready. I mean how can he not be ready after a full season of OTA's Camp and now 10 weeks into the season?? Scary.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a big game. If the Rams win it will take the pressure off Fisher a bit. A loss and I think the pressure will get to him this week. I think Fisher gets lucky and squeaks out a win. 17-10.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when will our Oline be acceptable for him to play? Thats a joke. If he gets 'BUGERIZED" that means he doesn't have it period. That just means he's not mentally tough and doesn't have it anyway. All QB's take hits. Why are all these other rookies QB's having success and they were drafted late in the draft. We gave up 6 picks for him we need to see what we have.

Have to agree with this one. Are the Rams suddenly going to have a better O-line next year without a 1st round pick? The offensive line has been relatively healthy and had continuity this season. What it hasn't had is a QB that can force the DBs to back up and create fewer 8 or 9 in the box situations. 5 linemen can't block more than 4-5 rushers, regardless of quality.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cougie, I have to hand it to you. Your last several posts on the Fisher/Goff/Keenum mess are uncharacteristically lucid and logical suggestions with valid arguments. Well done!

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could you tell us again how many picks we gave up, I didn't catch it the last 92 times you posted it?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,021.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petty is starting at QB for the Jets since Fitz sprained his ankle and has been ineffective.

I got the Rams winning this one, 20-10.