• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers "Best Franchise in Sports History"

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us couldn't care less for soccer. You have your fun with it but I couldn't care less about that boring game between 5 foot panzies and panty-weights.

Whether you, me or anybody enjoys soccer or not is irrelevant. The statement made was "best franchise in sports history". In my opinion that means this world which includes soccer in the discussion.

If he said best in american sports history then he has an argument. If you want to change the discussion to best in American sports history then I think the Lakers, Yankees and Celtics are up there. As well as the Detroit Redwings. Probably in that order.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Real Madird
2. New York Yankees
3. Montreal Canadians
4. Los Angeles Lakers
5. Pittsburgh Steelers

Yep, that's about right. Steelers may only have 6 titles. But given the nature of football and its parity. That ain't bad.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate the bastards, if we are talking US soil....

1. Yankees

2. Everybody else.

No franchise has dominated more decades at time like the Yankees have.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics have 17 and the Lakers have 16. That's just how it is and how it's going to be for awhile, as both teams are entering rebuilding mode. In other words, it's time to stop beating it to the ground. Neither team is flawless, but as it stands the Celtics still have the most titles in the NBA and that's where the story ends.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic. Kareem. The Logo. Kobe. Shaq. When it comes to superstars, the Lakers are so far out in front of everybody else it's not even funny -- their all-time starting five would crush any other team's; in fact, it might be better than that of the rest of the league's put together. So star-studded is their legacy that I left Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor and George Mikan off my five-man team that opened this paragraph, also neglecting the likes of James Worthy, Bob McAdoo and Gail Goodrich.

And those big names won, too. Although the Celtics have more championships, the Lakers have more of everything else -- wins, playoff wins, playoff series wins and conference titles. About the only thing that hurts L.A. in the all-time rankings is the penalty for relocating from Minnesota to Los Angeles in the 1950s.

Amazingly, the franchise has missed the playoffs only five times in its 62 years.The Lakers, who have played in seven Finals in the new century, are now only one title behind the hated Celtics after defending their title in 2010 with a dramatic seven-game win over Boston.

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you, me or anybody enjoys soccer or not is irrelevant. The statement made was "best franchise in sports history". In my opinion that means this world which includes soccer in the discussion.

If he said best in american sports history then he has an argument. If you want to change the discussion to best in American sports history then I think the Lakers, Yankees and Celtics are up there. As well as the Detroit Redwings. Probably in that order.

I'm talking about the Big Four: Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey. Soccer is a sport for dried up shrimps overseas that aren't tough enough to play football with Americans. LOL

Soccer players would stomp a piss drain in your melon with ease.

You're an idiot who I will dutifully ignore.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate the bastards, if we are talking US soil....

1. Yankees

2. Everybody else.

No franchise has dominated more decades at time like the Yankees have.

What he said. :agree:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic. Kareem. The Logo. Kobe. Shaq. When it comes to superstars, the Lakers are so far out in front of everybody else it's not even funny -- their all-time starting five would crush any other team's; in fact, it might be better than that of the rest of the league's put together. So star-studded is their legacy that I left Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor and George Mikan off my five-man team that opened this paragraph, also neglecting the likes of James Worthy, Bob McAdoo and Gail Goodrich.

And those big names won, too. Although the Celtics have more championships, the Lakers have more of everything else -- wins, playoff wins, playoff series wins and conference titles. About the only thing that hurts L.A. in the all-time rankings is the penalty for relocating from Minnesota to Los Angeles in the 1950s.

Amazingly, the franchise has missed the playoffs only five times in its 62 years.The Lakers, who have played in seven Finals in the new century, are now only one title behind the hated Celtics after defending their title in 2010 with a dramatic seven-game win over Boston.

Great. That was then, this is now. And right now, your roster is old and on its last legs. The kids playing today for whatever NBA team doesn't give a fuck about who has the most titles, retired numbers, or whatever.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. That was then, this is now. And right now, your roster is old and on its last legs. The kids playing today for whatever NBA team doesn't give a fuck about who has the most titles, retired numbers, or whatever.

Maybe that's what's wrong with the kids today? Beats me. Something is wrong with them, though. :noidea:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's what's wrong with the kids today? Beats me. Something is wrong with them, though. :noidea:

Kids today just want exposure at whatever cost. While I wish Shaq the best of luck in his minority ownership in Sacramento, I'm not sure even he could fix that franchise. Kids today don't want to be in Sacramento because there's no real chance at media exposure there.

On the flip side, I didn't care ten years ago when the Lakers when the Lakers had 14 titles, and likewise I don't care today that they have 16. However, I do find it irritating that their fans feel the need to brag about it 24/7, as if each of them individually played a role in their team's titles. You don't see Yankee fans bragging about all their titles these days. For the most part, they're taking a business-like approach to their team.

It's time for Laker fans and other to stop acting like spoiled 12-year-od little boys.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really watch Soccer but is there really that much parity if Real Madrid is so dominant?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, but smart ones care about ownership which is a big part of a franchise. Also current roster does not really matter but management and history of success do.

I don't really watch Soccer but is there really that much parity if Real Madrid is so dominant?

Almost every country in the world plays soccer. Like the NFL is now in the states is how soccer has been around the world for 100 years. There may not be "parity" but the point is there is that much more competition and Real Madrid keeps finding ways to bring that talent to Real Madrid.

There is no discussion between history of the NFL vs soccer. The US is big but they are 1 country, vs pretty much every other country in the world all playing the same sport.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The U.S.A. is the only country that matters to me besides Israel. I couldn't care less what sport the panzies in the rest of the world prefer.

I prefer FOOTBALL & BASKETBALL. The rest of the world can hardly play with us in either physical sport. So who cares what they think?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Doc Rivers was considering the whole body of work. The Lakers have the best winning percentage in American Sports History, and hold the record for all time wins in basketball history. They have missed the playoffs only 5 times in franchise history!!! Can the Cowboys, Steelers, Canadians, Celtics, or Yankees make such a claim?.. NO!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but smart ones care about ownership which is a big part of a franchise. Also current roster does not really matter but management and history of success do.

Almost every country in the world plays soccer. Like the NFL is now in the states is how soccer has been around the world for 100 years. There may not be "parity" but the point is there is that much more competition and Real Madrid keeps finding ways to bring that talent to Real Madrid.

There is no discussion between history of the NFL vs soccer. The US is big but they are 1 country, vs pretty much every other country in the world all playing the same sport.

That's a good enough point for me.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The U.S.A. is the only country that matters to me besides Israel. I couldn't care less what sport the panzies in the rest of the world prefer.

I prefer FOOTBALL & BASKETBALL. The rest of the world can hardly play with us in either physical sport. So who cares what they think?

We get it, murrica, fuck yea. Do you happen to know what Israel's favorite sport is? I bet you can guess :D

When you say "either physical sport" it makes it sound like you think those are the only 2 physical sports that exist, but I am sure you didn't mean that. And no the rest of the world can not play with the US at those 2 sports.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

basketball is a physical sport? LMFWAO

Come play hockey or lacrosse to see whata physical sport is

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't always watch soccer, but when I do I change the channel in a hurry!

Well, some people don't understand or have the smarts to follow a complex sport such as soccer, the real football. And if you think soccer players are pansies and "shrimps", then you truly are a moron. Educate yourself before you pop off. Soccer has the best athletes in the world. It's the most popular sport in the world.

You're welcome