• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 Season Thread

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but the Clippers are really good.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Observation after 2 games;

Playing 2 bigs at the same time = butt offense.

Any time we go "small" with Davis at the 5, there's a lot more spacing and the offense is much better. It'll help when Kuzma gets back as well but they really shouldn't play Davis + Howard/McGee for prolonged stretches unless you feel like scoring 80 pts total and losing a lot.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Observation after 2 games;

Playing 2 bigs at the same time = butt offense.

Any time we go "small" with Davis at the 5, there's a lot more spacing and the offense is much better. It'll help when Kuzma gets back as well but they really shouldn't play Davis + Howard/McGee for prolonged stretches unless you feel like scoring 80 pts total and losing a lot.
I think they figured out, you cant have two bigs together. I think we have a coaching staff that can make adjustments. Not like last year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying since the trade happened that the Zubac gift to the Clips was a complete joke.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice dominant win over the Jazz last night. Green and now Daniels are on fire with the three-point shooting. I am puzzled by Vogel's need to play KCP when the dude can't shoot his way out of a wet paper bag. Howard looked pretty good last night in the paint especially on the defensive end of the court. That performance looked solid and AD is really a damn good player.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice dominant win over the Jazz last night. Green and now Daniels are on fire with the three-point shooting. I am puzzled by Vogel's need to play KCP when the dude can't shoot his way out of a wet paper bag. Howard looked pretty good last night in the paint especially on the defensive end of the court. That performance looked solid and AD is really a damn good player.
I swear Captain clank has got to go. He can't hit an open shot to save his life. 0-9 in 2 games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect KCP's minutes will be reduced drastically when Kuz and Rondo get back.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but the Clippers are really good.

Yeah they are.

The question is: are the Lakers as good or better?

Right now...no.

By the end of the season...maybe.

The Clippers were always going to be better at the start of the season. They are a team that won 48 games last year and added a top 5 player and a top 15 player without losing anyone significant. So they don't have that much work to do as far as getting everyone on the same page.

The Lakers on the other hand, missed the playoffs last year, added 2 top 5 players, but also added about 7 other new players as well. It's going to take a minute to get everyone on the same page and adjusted to their new roles.

Assuming everyone on both teams stay relatively healthy, I expect that by the end of the season, the Clippers may still have the better team, but the gap will be much closer and led by a Lebron, motivated to show that he's still the best in the world, the Lakers would have an excellent shot to beat them in a playoff series.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to be 2-1. This teams has soo much potential. How about Luke 0-3? lol.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another nice dominant win to pull away from Charlotte in the second half. With Green leading the way, everyone us getting into the hitting-the-threes craze. AD had a couple, Caruso hit some, and even KCP hit several. Dwight Howard may indeed be a changed man. His effort last night was Kobe-like with many blocks on D and getting quite a few inside dunks. This team is really beginning to play together and people coming off the bench look like they are starters. Perhaps the bench-whipping the Clip joint bench did to us sent a wake-up call. Nice win and onward we go.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another nice dominant win to pull away from Charlotte in the second half. With Green leading the way, everyone us getting into the hitting-the-threes craze. AD had a couple, Caruso hit some, and even KCP hit several. Dwight Howard may indeed be a changed man. His effort last night was Kobe-like with many blocks on D and getting quite a few inside dunks. This team is really beginning to play together and people coming off the bench look like they are starters. Perhaps the bench-whipping the Clip joint bench did to us sent a wake-up call. Nice win and onward we go.

The beauty of how Dwight played last night is that he got 16 points and I didn't see a single play that looked like it was called for him. It was all put backs and dump offs.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To finally have a team that can actually hit open three point shots ( Unlike ball, hart, etc..) is a thing of beauty. Love Magic as a player, but boy, so glade he is gone from the front office.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another big win over Memphis with the second consecutive 120 point game by the Lakers. Everyone is contributing and Howard had another big night along with AD, LeBron, Green, Daniels, Bradley, McGee, and Cook. AD is nursing a shoulder issue but should be good for the Friday game in Dallas. Then we square-off with SA on a mini roadtrip. We could easily come out of this trip 5-1 because we are playing better D which has been feeding our O. Man it is good to see this team come together without a lot of background BS going on.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get Kuzma back against Dallas Friday night. Rondo is soon returning in the near future.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another big win over Memphis with the second consecutive 120 point game by the Lakers. Everyone is contributing and Howard had another big night along with AD, LeBron, Green, Daniels, Bradley, McGee, and Cook. AD is nursing a shoulder issue but should be good for the Friday game in Dallas. Then we square-off with SA on a mini roadtrip. We could easily come out of this trip 5-1 because we are playing better D which has been feeding our O. Man it is good to see this team come together without a lot of background BS going on.
Exactly. We were 0-3 last year and 2-5.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs are pretty good.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice win in the OT in Dallas. We are 4-1 and it has been a llllloooooonnnngggg time since we were part of that territory. Next up is San Antonio also 4-1. I hope we shut down that Sonofabeetch masquerading as a head coach. I cannot stand to look at or hear any thing from the little dweeb. It would be really cool if we take the next mini-step and come out of Texas with 2 wins.