• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like we are looking at Melton

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ware gone it makes sense depending on the $'s. I think he is going to get a pretty big pay day, so lets see how this goes and what we can afford. I know most of you are thinking the opposite,but My guess is Melton gets more than Hatcher.

Also looking at Ayers as a run stopping DE.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. The Bucs are interested too, and there's an obvious connection there. Not to mention, they can spend more cash on him if they want too.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ware gone it makes sense depending on the $'s. I think he is going to get a pretty big pay day, so lets see how this goes and what we can afford. I know most of you are thinking the opposite,but My guess is Melton gets more than Hatcher.

Also looking at Ayers as a run stopping DE.

I think he comes cheap .... coming off an injured year

Just depends on who bids against us

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. The Bucs are interested too, and there's an obvious connection there. Not to mention, they can spend more cash on him if they want too.

He wants to play for Rod though .... so im sure there is a discount .... small one .... just depends on if there is a bidding war on a guy that was injured all last year with alot of question marks about has/can he recover and be what he was in 2012

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but age plays a part in total $'s too...if Marinelli wants him, I won't question the move as long as the dollars aren't crazy. Looks like these DL are getting game decent size deals right now.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but age plays a part in total $'s too...if Marinelli wants him, I won't question the move as long as the dollars aren't crazy. Looks like these DL are getting game decent size deals right now.

I stand behind the dollars ....

big contracts not needed or wanted in Dallas right now ..... Not by me anyway

Only big contract I want to see in Dallas on an 8-8 team is the extension of Smith

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats the only way I think we sign Melton is if he settles for less. Enough of putting big money into players with significant injury history. Also in general signing big time F/A rarely work.

I would rather trade Dez and try and land a 1st this year and next hoping to hit a home run in the draft.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Grapevine High School wants to come home if the money is in the ballpark with Tampa.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not excited about Melton. A couple of local scrapes with the law, but for an offense that the team is trying to distance.

I guess if it is a short contract (1 or 2 years) for a reasonable amount of money I'd be ok with it. But would much rather devote a few 1st and 2nd day picks to DL and hopefully be set for the next 5-7 years instead of spending money on an aging vet who is coming off a rough injury for a trenches guy.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not excited about Melton. A couple of local scrapes with the law, but for an offense that the team is trying to distance.

I guess if it is a short contract (1 or 2 years) for a reasonable amount of money I'd be ok with it. But would much rather devote a few 1st and 2nd day picks to DL and hopefully be set for the next 5-7 years instead of spending money on an aging vet who is coming off a rough injury for a trenches guy.

I'm not huge on Melton either, especially for what I think it will take to get him signed. You hit the nail on the head, aging guy coming off injury. Might as well keep Spencer if that's the route you want to go. I just hope if the club goes after some of the older guys that have been discussed, like a Jared Allen, they do it on a 1 or 2 year deal only

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind melton if the knee is actually healed. He is not old like Hatcher. Then adding Allen or Peppers on a short term deal.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind melton if the knee is actually healed. He is not old like Hatcher. Then adding Allen or Peppers on a short term deal.

Do you think we could get those guys on a short term deal? They are all going to have multiple teams pursuing them, I think the price is still gonna be $4 million/year and up on any of them. If it's a short term, it would be difficult to lower the first year cap hit

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know that Melton is a "Garret" kind of guy. Supposedly he was involved in a bar fight