• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking for an edge in Fantasy.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rejoining a fantasy league after taking a year off and just enjoying the season. None of the players are members here, so I need your help in finding ranking sites/data bases that they may not see. I am a pretty decent player already(over 90% playoffs over the last 13 years), so go deep.

All help is appreciated.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rejoining a fantasy league after taking a year off and just enjoying the season. None of the players are members here, so I need your help in finding ranking sites/data bases that they may not see. I am a pretty decent player already(over 90% playoffs over the last 13 years), so go deep.

All help is appreciated.

Daily or weekly matchups? Conventional 5x5?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your focus more on drafting or the weekly matchups? Or both?

I tend to spend a lot of time on the draft and maybe 30 minutes setting weekly lineups and waiver wire pickups for 2-3 weeks down the line. About the All-Star beak I start looking over the waiver wire for playoff lineups, such as strength of competition during September and such

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to spend a lot of time on the draft and maybe 30 minutes setting weekly lineups and waiver wire pickups for 2-3 weeks down the line. About the All-Star beak I start looking over the waiver wire for playoff lineups, such as strength of competition during September and such

Does it need to be free or are you willing to pay a subscription price, if necessary?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it need to be free or are you willing to pay a subscription price, if necessary?

I'm cheap. I can build my own spreadsheets, an amateur sabermetician, so to speak.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When talking baseball and discussing advanced stats, I like using fangraphs for the analysis and baseball-reference.com for the splits/ease of use/speed in finding data.

If you're interested in the daily or weekly grind of playing the matchups, there are a fair number of pay sites to go to.
I don't have a preference.
I actually like moving around finding different articles and different perspectives.

Rotoworld is ok. I would imagine most folks flock to these kinds of sites.
What I like to do is read the general articles for advice, then supplement with fangraphs/baseball-reference.

Hope that helps.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When talking baseball and discussing advanced stats, I like using fangraphs for the analysis and baseball-reference.com for the splits/ease of use/speed in finding data.

If you're interested in the daily or weekly grind of playing the matchups, there are a fair number of pay sites to go to.
I don't have a preference.
I actually like moving around finding different articles and different perspectives.

Rotoworld is ok. I would imagine most folks flock to these kinds of sites.
What I like to do is read the general articles for advice, then supplement with fangraphs/baseball-reference.

Hope that helps.

Sure, thanks. I have looked in on Fangraphs a few times. I just read a Nate Silver book about "noise" in the data and have been applying some of the ideas to my self-built spreadsheets. Specifically have been looking at "reverting to the mean" stats of players. Kind of my refining the buy low/sell high triggers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All help is appreciated.

An edge? Ask the Astros I bet they have all the answers to get an edge, maybe you can cheat the draft

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cheap. I can build my own spreadsheets, an amateur sabermetician, so to speak.

You should be playing sim instead of fantasy/roto then you dumb jerk off :wink:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you want one that runs in-season rather than using previous season it's Scoresheet

Scoresheet Fantasy Baseball

Here's a longer list.

10 Greatest Baseball Game and Season Simulators

I've played in a Diamond Mind league for going on 15 seasons with some pretty "serious" owners and it's loads of fun. Here's a link to DMB leagues with openings

Diamond Mind Baseball - League Recruiting

I like fantasy too but I find this way more interesting and challenging and I don't think it needs to be more of a time sink, although you can certainly dive into it pretty deeply. And it's crazy to realize just how difficult it can be to get good playing time and put together 162 games of a full roster in a full 30 team league. Although that may cause you to sympathize with real GMs which you may not like or want to do :lol: