• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking ahead to the Spurs series

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things the Warriors got away with in the Nuggets series simply won't get it done against the Spurs. They're too experienced and they execute way too well for the Warriors to try to surprise them. Again the Warriors are looking to play the underdog role but Pop won't allow his team to fall ploy to that.

The Warriors will have to have great games from at least 4 different contributors at all times. We can't get away with having a guy (Curry, Bogut, Barnes, Klay, etc.) carrying us for stretches while we hope for other guys to get going. If the Warriors are going to compete in this series they're going to need major contributions and most importantly consistency from top to bottom.

For the Warriors to win here's what I believe needs to happen:

1) Perimeter shooting must be on point. It's true what Barkley said in his assessment that the shooting of Curry, Thompson, Barnes and Jack all open up the game for the rest of the team. We'll need to again take advantage of any open looks we get and shoot at a high clip.

2) Transition offense is important. The Spurs defense in the half court is one of the best in the NBA. We'll need to maximize our opportunities for easy baskets and the best way is to get out and run. Finishing at the rim with power is going to also be another thing we're going to have to do.

3) Team rebounding. The Spurs know who they are. They're not going to try to play match-ups to play the Warriors game. They're going to trot out their huge line ups and dominate in the paint. It will take a collective team effort from guys like Barnes, Green, Landry, Bogut, Ezeli and even the guards to come back to the ball and board.

4) Cutting down Turnovers. This seems like a broken record, but I'm hoping this past game against the Nuggets is a wake up call to the players and staff that they can't get away with turning it over that many times and still succeed. Not against the Spurs.

The hill to climb is steep, but the Warriors will always be in the game and have a shot because of their shooting. It's the little things that need to be done well to get us to another round. Either way, I'm exciting to continue watching these guys work. It's amazing how they've banded together as a team and responded to adversity. Let's go!!!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team is going to play better than you think. Do you remember how by failing to make one play in each loss to Utah after they knocked out Dallas they lost to Utah? But for a free throw in game 1, a rebound in game 2an intercepted pass in game 4, they sweep that series instead of losing 4 to 1. I think this series will be like that one. I believe they'll play San Antonio close but fail in the end of each game in one way or another. San Antonio is too solid and too experienced to let the Warriors beat them. It'll be competitive but the Spurs will win it in 5.