• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Look for Williams to have a big day.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orton has more chemistry with him and Beasley than the other WRs So his timing should be pretty good with those two.
Dez will be interesting. Was just pointed out that alot of time Dez is in the wrong spots but that Tony could buy time to make it work where Orton wont.

Still think all and all though this game comes down to Murray and play action

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Murray and Witten just might be a big security blanket for Orton unless Philly decides to double him then it is up to the run game an Playaction like you said to make it work

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Williams will have to do is beat one man. The Eagles are gonna load up against the run, and double Dez all day. Witten should have 10 catches and Williams could have a couple of long ones. I just hope we leave Orton under center. When we at least have the threat of the run, we simply have too many weapons for a defense to contain. Orton has been around long enough to take whats there

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will scream and throw things if Garrett calls this game like he would with Romo in. Around fifty percent of the plays called ought to be run, with at least half of the pass plays being play action. This is the only way Orton will stand a chance in the pocket.

I do think Orton can be effective in this game, but not as the primary play maker. All of it must hinge on the threat of the run.

Come on Garrett, play the part of the genius today. Make their defense commit to the run.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will scream and throw things if Garrett calls this game like he would with Romo in. Around fifty percent of the plays called ought to be run, with at least half of the pass plays being play action. This is the only way Orton will stand a chance in the pocket.

I do think Orton can be effective in this game, but not as the primary play maker. All of it must hinge on the threat of the run.

Come on Garrett, play the part of the genius today. Make their defense commit to the run.

You guys know that no one has called for using Murray more than me, but this is a tough spot. With Orton instead of Romo Philly can be a little more aggressive on running downs to stop Murray if they choose to. We may see some big passing plays on 1st down if Philly stacks the box. The play of the OL is going to be huge today. If they can do their job we have a good shot. Also, not expecting much pressure on Foles without blitzing, so the DBs are going to have to be good also. With Claiborne back we are a lot better. Not because he has played well, but because of who it keeps off the field.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
play to win the game and that will not be 3 yards and a cloud of dust all day.
Orton is a master at play action pass and I expect big plays if we can run a little. This is no time to dummy down the offense. Throw it all out there

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orton is a game manager. He won't try for the big play unless it becomes a must or the defense broke down and we have a wide open WR down field.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know that no one has called for using Murray more than me, but this is a tough spot. With Orton instead of Romo Philly can be a little more aggressive on running downs to stop Murray if they choose to. We may see some big passing plays on 1st down if Philly stacks the box. The play of the OL is going to be huge today. If they can do their job we have a good shot. Also, not expecting much pressure on Foles without blitzing, so the DBs are going to have to be good also. With Claiborne back we are a lot better. Not because he has played well, but because of who it keeps off the field.

I agree and have been saying this all week. The O-line is going to have to come up big tonight. I also believe the Eagles will stack the box making it tough to run the ball. Its been A while since Orton has started a game, but I think they should take a few shots down field early. If successful it would open up the run game, the Cowboys must keep the Eagle defense guessing after that. Claiborne should be a boost, but I would still put Scandrick on Jackson most of the game.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orton has gotten a bad rap recently because of Tebow taking his job. I have always thought he was a solid QB that never had a lot around him. He has had some big wins in his career. I go back to 2007 and remember him beating FAVRE and the Pack to seal us HFA throughout the playoffs in week 16. With all of the bad QB play this year, I was actually surprised nobody came calling at the trade deadline . Orton , despite his hair, can win this game. I just hope the defense can hold them under 30 and give Ort a chance

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
play to win the game and that will not be 3 yards and a cloud of dust all day.
Orton is a master at play action pass and I expect big plays if we can run a little. This is no time to dummy down the offense. Throw it all out there

Shouldn't have to dummy it down. By now Orton should know the whole play book. Aside from escaping sacks I think Orton can make the same passes romo can. The philly game got tougher but we still have our shot.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a shot.

The Defense is going to have to play lights out and special teams needs to help along with smart football all through the game meaning no crushing penalties and smart coaching

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a shot.

The Defense is going to have to play lights out and special teams needs to help along with smart football all through the game meaning no crushing penalties and smart coaching

The defense needs to not break. Philly will get their yards I don't see us stopping that, but even with Orton we should get ours too considering philly's d is no prize either. Expect a lot of points tonight.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this assessment. Everyone is screaming to run the ball. Thats only a good plan if its working and don't trail by 10+. Philly knows Dallas would rather run this game. If it's not there you gotta put it in the air. I believe Dez can and will get behind this defense Orton has the arm to get him the ball. I can see a scenario where this offense explodes. I agree start running the ball but you have to be balanced.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him having a big game. The egals will stack the line. Hoping for a miracle and the ol gives him enough time to hit the deep ones. The opportunities will be there for big plays

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a shot.

Dallas has more then a "shot", Colors. I think Dallas just needs to play well balanced. I dont see Philly loading the box because they are actually good vs. the run. Its the intermediate pass we cant stop. THe reason Im so worried is because teams with good TE's and possession receivers kill us. Our safeties and LBers cant cover so Dallas needs to come out and take the 3-4 yards on first down runs and pick Philly apart with the medium passing game. If Dallas can keep it to 3rd and short they will have an EXCELLENT chance at winning this game. Orton keeping us off balance with the play action. If he can connect on the short/medium pass game at a high clip and have long methodical drives Philly is in BIG trouble. On the flip side Dallas can not let Philly get out to an early lead. Hypothetically, if Philly scores on the 1st drive and gets a key early turnover Dallas cold be in trouble. Even though our pass D is horrific I dont think you want Orton in a shoot out. You will want the methodical 7 minute drives. Wear Phillys D out and a win is absolutely, positively capable pf happening.

Got to give it to UKCowboy. He is feeling positive.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has more then a "shot", Colors. I think Dallas just needs to play well balanced. I dont see Philly loading the box because they are actually good vs. the run. Its the intermediate pass we cant stop. THe reason Im so worried is because teams with good TE's and possession receivers kill us. Our safeties and LBers cant cover so Dallas needs to come out and take the 3-4 yards on first down runs and pick Philly apart with the medium passing game. If Dallas can keep it to 3rd and short they will have an EXCELLENT chance at winning this game. Orton keeping us off balance with the play action. If he can connect on the short/medium pass game at a high clip and have long methodical drives Philly is in BIG trouble. On the flip side Dallas can not let Philly get out to an early lead. Hypothetically, if Philly scores on the 1st drive and gets a key early turnover Dallas cold be in trouble. Even though our pass D is horrific I dont think you want Orton in a shoot out. You will want the methodical 7 minute drives. Wear Phillys D out and a win is absolutely, positively capable pf happening.

Good post Nick I'm hoping for a Fun game with a Cowboys victory

We beat Washington on my Birthday last week and a victory this week with all that has been gong on would be great enjoy the game and best wishes to you and your Family for the coming New Year :)

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know your team better than I do .... but the way that sounds.... Beasley might be the one having the big day

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley is EXACTLY the type of player that gives the Birds fits. Just little 8 yard pick ups on 3rd and 6 is whats been a thorn in our side all year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know your team better than I do .... but the way that sounds.... Beasley might be the one having the big day

Why not both Beasley and Willams!!!

Funny thing. I'm not sure if its all the injuries, the fact that every thinks (maybe knows) we aren't that good, or that Romo isn't part of it...but there is like no pressure considering how HUGE this game is. We aren't expected to win, but the funny thing is we do have a real good shot. I'm not going to quite say 50/50...but I really see it just a tad below that.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not both Beasley and Willams!!!

Funny thing. I'm not sure if its all the injuries, the fact that every thinks (maybe knows) we aren't that good, or that Romo isn't part of it...but there is like no pressure considering how HUGE this game is. We aren't expected to win, but the funny thing is we do have a real good shot. I'm not going to quite say 50/50...but I really see it just a tad below that.

LOL my original post was Williams and Beasley

Orton practices with them..... Not the others. Those 3 have their timing down