• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lombardi's Offensive Game Plan

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this guy still have a job? Detroit's offense has went completely backwards since he took over. Scoring points is the only thing we used to be able to do. Now -- One quarter Detroit will look great. The next quarter they will look clueless.

It was difficult to see -- SD decided they were going to start blitzing over and over in the 2nd half. We did nothing to stop them from doing so. If they are blitzing. We should have had man coverage on the outside, so how does Calvin and Tate not get balls thrown their way?

That was just a really ugly game. Neither the offense or the defense made adjustments to stop the Chargers. SD ran the same two or three plays OVER AND OVER. crossing pattern, crossing pattern, screen pass, crossing pattern, crossing pattern, repeat. If SD figured it out in the 1st half -- Allen would have had 25 catches.

I sure hope we see more from this team on both sides of the ball. That was embarrassing to watch.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't watch the game. How can you even comment?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi is the new scapegoat. Can't possibly be Mayhew or any of the players.

Reactions: GNG

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi is the new scapegoat. Can't possibly be Mayhew or any of the players.

Pre-Lombardi -- Detroit had a top 5 offense three straight years. We added Golden Tate, Eric Ebron and Abdullah this year. We haven't even looked like a top 15 offense since Lombardi got here.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the entire comeback by SD. The defense is garbage. No pass rush, can't stop the run, can't defend the pass. It's like they just magically got ten times worse.

Offense is SOS. Calvin doing nothing, no real run game, Stafford making bad throws.

Typical Lions game vs a winning team.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-Lombardi -- Detroit had a top 5 offense three straight years. We added Golden Tate, Eric Ebron and Abdullah this year. We haven't even looked like a top 15 offense since Lombardi got here.

That was a long time ago, and ripped by most as garbage stats. Didn't produce any big wins, which is why Caldwell doesn't trust Stafford to throw down field, basically making Calvin useless in this O.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the entire comeback by SD. The defense is garbage. No pass rush, can't stop the run, can't defend the pass. It's like they just magically got ten times worse.

Offense is SOS. Calvin doing nothing, no real run game, Stafford making bad throws.

Typical Lions game vs a winning team.

I missed one field goal. I saw the Stevie Johnson TD at the very end of the 3rd. That is why I said -- SD basically ran the same few plays over and over. Crossing pattern to Allen, Crossing pattern to Allen, Crossing pattern to Greene, Screen to Johnson. It was the same couple plays over and over to different guys each time.

I know you think the Lions are garbage after your man crush left you at the altar. But SD ran 30 times for 95 yards. 3.2 YPC. I'll take that all day. The pass defense is another story. That was embarrassing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like SD couldn't or didn't freely run down the Lions throats. Little Danny Woodhead ran right past your hero, Ngata, who you actually think is better than Suh vs the run. SD threw for 400 yards because Suh wasn't disrupting the QB all day. They could do anything they wanted, run or pass.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like SD couldn't or didn't freely run down the Lions throats. Little Danny Woodhead ran right past your hero, Ngata, who you actually think is better than Suh vs the run. SD threw for 400 yards because Suh wasn't disrupting the QB all day. They could do anything they wanted, run or pass.

They averaged 3.2 YPC. If that is running it freely down the Lions throats -- what did Washington do to Miami? They averaged almost 5.0 YPC on the game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little Danny Woodhead ran right past your hero,
Danny Woodhead had 12 carries for 42 yards.
who you actually think is better than Suh vs the run.
You are correct. I also know, rush defense is a team stat and without the Lions LB's and DE's to support the run with Suh -- He will be mediocre this year.

Instead of chasing money -- Suh should have stayed in Detroit, as he was in the perfect situation. Now with Miami -- I'm guessing you will see him resort back to the Suh we saw the 1st 4 years against the run.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2TDs right up the gut in the RZ. No problem.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They averaged 3.2 YPC. If that is running it freely down the Lions throats -- what did Washington do to Miami? They averaged almost 5.0 YPC on the game.

They scored zero rush TDs and were held to 10 points. It's seriously incredible how both Suh and I are firmly camped out in your head. I've never mind fucked someone as much as I have you, Mike.

Lions lost dawg. Talk about it.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Won't comment because Rob is just sitting back waiting for the next guy to post so he can talk shit......)

Lmao

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't in the NFL Script for the Lions to win against the Chargers. I'm telling ya, the NFL is a Business and the Lions are like Rodney Dangerfield. Until the NFL gives the Lions the nod you'll blame the Front Office, Coaching Staff, Players and Waterboy.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't in the NFL Script for the Lions to win against the Chargers. I'm telling ya, the NFL is a Business and the Lions are like Rodney Dangerfield. Until the NFL gives the Lions the nod you'll blame the Front Office, Coaching Staff, Players and Waterboy.

Just dont blame Roary or you will have to answer to me!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They scored zero rush TDs and were held to 10 points. It's seriously incredible how both Suh and I are firmly camped out in your head. I've never mind fucked someone as much as I have you, Mike.

Lions lost dawg. Talk about it.

I love seeing a grown man type 'dawg'. And are you sure it is you who is in someone head? If I'm not mistaken -- I got you to take a lifetime avatar bet based on Miami's rush defense. I used your man crush on Suh to get you to take a stupid bet.