• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lombardi's offense sucks

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think coming from New Orleans, we all assumed we'd have a guy who would call plays similar to the Saints. Plus he had a relation to Vince Lombardi. Except he's calling plays like Vince would have. In the 60's.

I can see a power sweep in next weeks game.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were absolute shit every year in December. But I still miss Scotty.

I'm not too enamored with Lombardi either. On the Lions' first possession, facing a 3rd and 1, I said, "He's going to hand it off to the up back. Sure enough......

I think we need a better GM also, but I don't miss Millen.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too enamored with Lombardi either. On the Lions' first possession, facing a 3rd and 1, I said, "He's going to hand it off to the up back. Sure enough......

I think we need a better GM also, but I don't miss Millen.

Nope. No missing Millen for me. I'll be happy next year when there's only one Millen Pick on the roster.

Linehan though, Id drive to Dallas and pick him up if that meant Lombardi was gone. (Never did dislike Scotty)

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you see in Linehan?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
~howdy~,..... Lions-fanz..!,......I hope you guyz have better ''Luck'' next week,...*wink*.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you see in Linehan?

Points.

I never disliked him. Not that I thought he was some kind of mastermind or anything. Just didn't see his offense as a reason why the franchise lost games. (Shitty players, awful special teams and a stupid base defense/ line allignment were usually my top targets in the past.)

10 games in, I can't say that about Joe Lombardi.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points.

I never disliked him. Not that I thought he was some kind of mastermind or anything. Just didn't see his offense as a reason why the franchise lost games. (Shitty players, awful special teams and a stupid base defense/ line allignment were usually my top targets in the past.)

10 games in, I can't say that about Joe Lombardi.

There is where our difference in perception is.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is where our difference in perception is.

Do you like what the offense has done this year more than a typical Linehan offense?

(I gave him half a year before I said anything negative. Was stewing over the pathetic display earlier. And Im willing to talk about it now. And moving forward, We've got cold outdoor games as much as home ones. My concerns are growing.)

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you like what the offense has done this year more than a typical Linehan offense?

(I gave him half a year before I said anything negative. Was stewing over the pathetic display earlier. And Im willing to talk about it now. And moving forward, We've got cold outdoor games as much as home ones. My concerns are growing.)

Joe is just the other side of the same coin.

Scott - more points, more turnovers (making the defense look worse than it was)
Joe - less points, less turnovers

I'll give Joe the rest of the season since Scott could never make end of season adjustments, but my hope for a turnaround is waning.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe is just the other side of the same coin.

Scott - more points, more turnovers (making the defense look worse than it was)
Joe - less points, less turnovers

I'll give Joe the rest of the season since Scott could never make end of season adjustments, but my hope for a turnaround is waning.

December scares me.

Always has. Well, in the Mayhew years anyway.
(Unless I looked at it wrong, we came into today's game with one more Turnover than we has thru 9 last year. FootballReference doesn't want to work right now though.)

And Im hung up on our highest scoring game being the first game. I figured the offense would begin to click. But it's going the other way. (I can leave Linehan out of it.)

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<-----yu guyz gotta [litter-box] for my lil' lion , here...?!,.....*he's gotta go*.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't thrilled with Lombardi's play-calling yesterday, either. WAY too much run on 1st down, run on 2nd down.

That said, the O-line and Stafford aren't doing Lombardi any favors. Stafford is currently the 23rd-ranked passer in the NFL. Too bad he's paid like he's Top 5. Since his stellar 2011 season (41 TD, 16 INT), his TD-INT splits are 20-17, 29-19, and currently 13-9. That's middle-of-the-pack at best.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want both. Linehan to call the base offense, and Lombardi to make adjustments.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate had 0 2nd half targets yesterday. Didn't touch the ball.

Whether Stafford or Lombardi are to blame, you can't win that way. Gotta at least try to get the ball in the hands of your play-makers.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want both. Linehan to call the base offense, and Lombardi to make adjustments.

What has Lombardi done to show you he can make adjustments? The Lions offense is miserable right now. The only time they have lookied in sync is late in games when they went to no huddle.

Our OL went from a strength to a glaring weakness. Arizona had 13 sacks all year coming into the game -- they had 4 yesterday.

We still have zero consistency in run blocking. I liked some of the concepts on the run plays, but too many times Detroit ran on 1st down and ended up 2nd and 12 or 2nd and 13.

Until they get some consistency -- no team is going to respect and PA calls. If Detroit tries to run any type of routes that take time to develop -- Stafford is running for his life or sacked.

Lastly -- if you are going to draft a f'ing TE #10 overall. Quit having him run 5-10 yard routes. 7 games into his rookie year -- his long catch is 17 yards and he has 125 yards total on the year. That is a damn joke. 8.9 yard per catch is something Pettigrew can do for us.