• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lombardi should be fired

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riddick is playing extremely well in the passing game. Waited until the second half to really start using him.

All these bunch formations suck. Teams blitz the crap out of us because all the defenders bunch as well and no one knows where the blitz is coming from and only our 2 outside guys are outlets.

I won't go as far as to say I miss Linehan because his scheme allowed for many game changing turnovers, but this offense just sucks.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Execution has everything to do with how the plays are ran and the end result. All plays are meant to have a positive result, meaning that any type of breakdown is a lack of execution. If Stafford throws a bad pass, its a failure and poorly executed. When the oline struggles to block, it means they are not executing.

Im almost positive the pass to Ross in the end-zone was planned that way. It was single coverage and everything went right all up until Ross dropped it. Therefore, the end result was a failure and poorly executed by Ross. I dont know what else to call it.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he did more of them than he did against Arizona. It's almost like he tries to force his play rather than take a play to take advantage of the defense. We kept running against 8 or 9 within two yards of the line of scrimmage. We should have been in bunch sets all day with a bunch of slant out combos with one or two deep routes.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gubmint has trouble executing an execution, and all they have to do is kill a guy that's already strapped down.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of Lombardi as the ying to Austin's yang.

K

kengel6

After watching Dallas tonight, why can't Detroit get an OC like the Cowboys have??????

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Execution has everything to do with how the plays are ran and the end result. All plays are meant to have a positive result, meaning that any type of breakdown is a lack of execution. If Stafford throws a bad pass, its a failure and poorly executed. When the oline struggles to block, it means they are not executing.

Im almost positive the pass to Ross in the end-zone was planned that way. It was single coverage and everything went right all up until Ross dropped it. Therefore, the end result was a failure and poorly executed by Ross. I dont know what else to call it.

They have not been executing. That's absolutely true. But here's a situation I need explained to me. 2nd quarter, 2 & goal inside the 2 after mixing it up while driving nearly 80 yards. They go with an empty backfield and throw 2 jump balls. :wtf2: was the thinking there exactly ?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have not been executing. That's absolutely true. But here's a situation I need explained to me. 2nd quarter, 2 & goal inside the 2 after mixing it up while driving nearly 80 yards. They go with an empty backfield and throw 2 jump balls. :wtf2: was the thinking there exactly ?

Yep. Run that fucker right up the middle. Repeat up to two more times, if necessary.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Lombardi's offense has become predictable, but supposed "playmakers" aren't making plays, either. It's maddening that on several plays in the red zone we can't get a guy open in the end zone, while on consecutive red zone trips for Brady, there's a receiver standing there with no one within 15 feet.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slam it down their throat! If that doesn't work, slam it down their throat again. If that doesn't....do it again. I was screaming at that point.

No clue why joe decided to have Staff throw lob passes.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember lots of talk on here in the offseason about having so many tall guys in the roster now and how it should be utilized more often. Well, they utilized it. Nobody could catch though.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember lots of talk on here in the offseason about having so many tall guys in the roster now and how it should be utilized more often. Well, they utilized it. Nobody could catch though.

Yes I remember those discussions. I also remember discussing having best RB duo of thunder and lighting and a top OL. Really have not seen much from those units since about week 6.

My feelings are like yours. Catch the ball and this is a non-issue. I just question the calls in this perticular instance because that drive had good balance and the OL actually blocked. Only gets harder to win not being able to win now without a resemblance of a run game.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent you guys realized that whatever the Lions do, you will complain about it? Lmao. If the Lions run twice right there and dont get it, everyone would be asking why we didnt throw to our big guys. I was fine with the call but pissed with the result.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This lombardi being fired shit is ridiculous. The lions are losing because they cant execute, period. Linehans offense was highly inconsistent last year, its way too soon to be firing a guy.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent you guys realized that whatever the Lions do, you will complain about it? Lmao. If the Lions run twice right there and dont get it, everyone would be asking why we didnt throw to our big guys. I was fine with the call but pissed with the result.

Yeah its amazing what two weeks can do to a fan base. Everyone here gets way too fucking emotional and wants to immediately find a scapegoat when the reality is the cardinals and patriots are just better, especially playing at home. Theres no amount of players you can bench, coordinators you can fire, etc that would have helped them win either of those games.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its amazing what two weeks can do to a fan base. Everyone here gets way too fucking emotional and wants to immediately find a scapegoat when the reality is the cardinals and patriots are just better, especially playing at home. Theres no amount of players you can bench, coordinators you can fire, etc that would have helped them win either of those games.

The complaint of Lombardi isn't brand new.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure their is an OC in the league that would be successful with the Lions O-Line looking this shitty.