• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ Rams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has the makings of going down as an all time great. Ranking right up there with posts by Mother Marge, Philly, Seattle, KC threads...

You know the one and done gang. Here today gone tomorrow.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has the makings of going down as an all time great. Ranking right up there with posts by Mother Marge, Philly, Seattle, KC threads...

You know the one and done gang. Here today gone tomorrow.
I'm glad I'm done arguing with Patriots bandwagon fans which are now Bucs bandwagon fans. :L

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I'm done arguing with Patriots bandwagon fans which are now Bucs bandwagon fans. :L
Yeah tough to win many arguements when your dynasty lasted a year.

You're smarter than I gave you credit for.

Can Seahawks swim? Because you may be one of the very few who's going down with that ship?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can Seahawks swim? Because you may be one of the very few who's going down with that ship?
You should know me by now I keep it real and always have. I give credit when it's do and yes those bandwagon Hawks fans were a pain in the ass just like Pats bandwagon fans. Those people give true fans a bad name.

I've been on board being a crap team for this upcoming season. Draft and fill the holes, be bad and get close to the top of the 2023 draft for better QB prospects. If it goes completely to shit then have to suck it up and hope it turns around one day.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...I love your football takes way more often than not and you carry the torch for Ram fans on this site for me...BUT

This post is team board lovefest BS.
The object of the game is win a championship and your Rams sure did that this past season...BUT

Kicking the can down the road is just that and we reset a bit after each season.
Thank you for the kind words. Whilst the Rams appear to be pushing the cap down the road they were actually in the same cap territory as both Dallas and Seattle last season, (before the moves for Beckham Jr. and Miller). The Rams historically don't push cap hits back to the extreme in the way the Saints, Eagles, and Packers have done. The Rams have an idea on how much the want to overspend as a proportion of the cap and then they manipulate contracts so they 'can't' go further than the limits they've set. It's why the Rams are almost always at the cap limit. The Rams didn't restructure Stafford's $20M+ salary last year to create more cap space. They didn't extend him before the new NFL year for the same reason. They want his contract to 'look' like they pushed everything back without people noticing last year's salary could have retroactively been converted into 5 prorated bonuses.

The Rams haven't restructured Kupp's 2022 salary yet, or finalised a new deal for Donald, and we're still $8M under the current cap. Before the new year we were supposedly $16m over the projected limit. The Rams have lost a lot of offseason talent. At this point it's $20M for Miller, $10M for Woods, $9M for Corbett, $9M for Williams, $8M for Joseph-Day, $3.5M for Okoronkwo, and Whitworth is an $8M retirement. We've added a $16M WR but were still down $50M+ in talent at this point.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many a fans have a favorite AFC and NFC team. I know you're not insinuating a bunch of NE fans jumped ship once Brady left? I'm sure there are a few who think BB or Kraft screwed up by letting him go. Oh well let them be fickle.

Do I still root for Brady, of course. Not if he's playing the Pats. Do I want him to win another SB? No, I don't.

Truth be said it took Brady going to the NFC for the Rams to beat him in a meaningful game.
You should be counting your blessings.
With 6.4M Face Book NE listed fans alone, I'm sure there were a bunch of NE fans that jumped ship when Brady left. Statistically saying, ‘‘a bunch of NE fans‘‘ just makes sense with all the fantasy league based player fans alone there are these days that dominate player fan bases such as NE's Tom Brady fans that likely jumped ship.

To say anything different is just the idiom of the ostrich with its head buried in the sand compared facing reality!

Speaking of ‘smarts‘ .....

Are you really here on the Hoop trying to win arguments?

:lol:

Even then, you may want to try and spell the word ‘argument‘ correctly when bringing up ‘smarts‘.

The grammar police aside, it just makes sense when you are taking shots at another posters ‘smarts‘ don't ya think?

Lastly two things...

1. Your dig on Rams fans is the fact that they have been in stadiums from Cleveland to LA to St Louis?

We are Rams fan brah!

Nothing more, nothing less!

A ton of us from LA to MO and back. Doesn't matter where the Horns suit up. We are still Rams fans whether they play in London... Mexico... or where ever the tide takes our beloved Rams!

We love the Rams no less as you with your Pats... so it is just the same as it really doesn‘t matter that your beloved Patriots played at Nickerson Field or & Fenway Park!

It is the history that attracts us and keeps us for the long haul. The Boston Patriots team name are every much a part of your teams history as the red and black uni the Rams featured in 1936 are for us!

2. Your point of dynasties..... You act like you had something to do with that dynasties NE run. You are just a fan, and chances are you are likely just like one of those 6.4M Face Book NE listed fans.

Easy to bandwagon, but we will see if you can stick around through some of the lean years like the Rams posters you are referring to in this thread. Yeah I know them and they all have been with the Rams through thick and thin!

It‘s easy to see a lot of those NE fans who lean on the dynasty teams were MIA prior to the to the Brady years and that is why so many have jumped ship with his departure!

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for the kind words. Whilst the Rams appear to be pushing the cap down the road they were actually in the same cap territory as both Dallas and Seattle last season, (before the moves for Beckham Jr. and Miller). The Rams historically don't push cap hits back to the extreme in the way the Saints, Eagles, and Packers have done. The Rams have an idea on how much the want to overspend as a proportion of the cap and then they manipulate contracts so they 'can't' go further than the limits they've set. It's why the Rams are almost always at the cap limit. The Rams didn't restructure Stafford's $20M+ salary last year to create more cap space. They didn't extend him before the new NFL year for the same reason. They want his contract to 'look' like they pushed everything back without people noticing last year's salary could have retroactively been converted into 5 prorated bonuses.

The Rams haven't restructured Kupp's 2022 salary yet, or finalised a new deal for Donald, and we're still $8M under the current cap. Before the new year we were supposedly $16m over the projected limit. The Rams have lost a lot of offseason talent. At this point it's $20M for Miller, $10M for Woods, $9M for Corbett, $9M for Williams, $8M for Joseph-Day, $3.5M for Okoronkwo, and Whitworth is an $8M retirement. We've added a $16M WR but were still down $50M+ in talent at this point.
I'll just say, for me, it's only about the championship, Rams are the champs till their not.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 6.4M Face Book NE listed fans alone, I'm sure there were a bunch of NE fans that jumped ship when Brady left. Statistically saying, ‘‘a bunch of NE fans‘‘ just makes sense with all the fantasy league based player fans alone there are these days that dominate player fan bases such as NE's Tom Brady fans that likely jumped ship.

To say anything different is just the idiom of the ostrich with its head buried in the sand compared facing reality!

Even then, you may want to try and spell the word ‘argument‘ correctly when bringing up ‘smarts‘.

The grammar police aside, it just makes sense when you are taking shots at another posters ‘smarts‘ don't ya think?

Lastly two things...

1. Your dig on Rams fans is the fact that they have been in stadiums from Cleveland to LA to St Louis?

We are Rams fan brah!

A ton of us from LA to MO and back. Doesn't matter where the Horns suit up. We are still Rams fans whether they play in London... Mexico... or where ever the tide takes our beloved Rams!

We love the Rams no less as you with your Pats... so it is just the same as it really doesn‘t matter that your beloved Patriots played at Nickerson Field or & Fenway Park!

It is the history that attracts us and keeps us for the long haul. The Boston Patriots team name are every much a part of your teams history as the red and black uni the Rams featured in 1936 are for us!

2. Your point of dynasties..... You act like you had something to do with that dynasties NE run. You are just a fan, and chances are you are likely just like one of those 6.4M Face Book NE listed fans.

Easy to bandwagon, but we will see if you can stick around through some of the lean years like the Rams posters you are referring to in this thread. Yeah I know them and they all have been with the Rams through thick and thin!

It‘s easy to see a lot of those NE fans who lean on the dynasty teams were MIA prior to the to the Brady years and that is why so many have jumped ship with his departure!
Do you feel better now?

Sounds like a lot of frustration and hyperbole. Did I spell that correctly inspector clueless?

You're all over the place on this thread. Throwing out opinions as if they were fact.

Not once have the Boston/NE Patriots left the greater Boston area. Yes, that alone makes a huge difference in the "argument" you're not trying to win. Playing a game once a year or every few years overseas also has zero bearing on this discussion. The Rams have moved more times than most military familes. They didn't just play in a different Stadium.

Take a breath, slow down and try and focus. You're trying way to hard to convince yourself and others on here.

OBTW can you have a "Lastly two things"? Asking for a grammar friend.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurtful, but I just root for wherever Brady goes
I wonder if the Brady/Buc Bandwagon fans were also 12s and now Ram fans?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lastly two things...

We are Rams fan brah!

OBTW you also forgot to mention the Boston/NE Patriots also played at Harvard Stadium and Sullivan Stadium.

I'm not sure I could count all the stadiums your beloved CleLaMoLa Rams called home? Not even going to try.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you feel better now?

Sounds like a lot of frustration and hyperbole. Did I spell that correctly inspector clueless?

You're all over the place on this thread. Throwing out opinions as if they were fact.

Not once have the Boston/NE Patriots left the greater Boston area. Yes, that alone makes a huge difference in the "argument" you're not trying to win. Playing a game once a year or every few years overseas also has zero bearing on this discussion. The Rams have moved more times than most military familes. They didn't just play in a different Stadium.

Take a breath, slow down and try and focus. You're trying way to hard to convince yourself and others on here.

First of all, the Rams moved from Cleveland to LA 15 years before the Patriots ever played a game (1945 vs 1960) and have been in the NFL for 33 years longer than the Pats (1937 vs 1970). Other than that move long ago, the Rams moved to St Louis shortly after their owner died and left the team to his wife, who moved the team for a payday. Once the Rams could get out of that contract, they returned to where they always belonged.

Only Bob Kraft kept the Patriots from moving to St Louis instead of the Rams in 1994. St Louis Stallions sound familiar? Orthwein was from St Louis and was moving the Patriots there until Kraft agreed to buy the team instead.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you feel better now?
meh...
Just so you know..... Its always a bad look to question someones ‘smarts‘ whilst misspelling simple words.... Talk about clueless.
Just two places NW..........

1. Laughing at your ‘smarts‘ at ‘winning online arguments‘.

AND

2. Replying to your ‘smarts‘ aka opinions.

Somehow you think it matters where a team plays its home games, so of those out of country games, the fact is some of those games were Rams home games too, right? The point is, a fan has no control over where their team plays a home game.

Here‘s another fact....

The Pats have just 6 more seasons playing in the Boston area compared to the Rams playing in the LA area. So when you are talking over half a decade of Fan Area Loyalty there is an not a significant difference. Not that is matters to me, but it seems the question is a matter of Area Loyalty to you, no?
Lastly.....

1. You can have a ‘Lastly two things‘...
2. You can have a ‘Lastly three things or more‘...
3. You can have a ‘Lastly list of things‘ however they should regard one subject like I am doing here with your ‘question‘ on whether you an have ‘Lastly two things‘ or not, or like I did before about your ‘smarts‘ aka opinions.
4. And ‘lastly‘....... (No you can‘t do this, unless it is done intentionally for an emphasis, or an exaggeration like I am doing here with you, unless you just don‘t care if it is in done in bad form, or not, much like your did with your misspelling simple words when calling out another posters ‘smarts‘) Now you can go ask your make believe friend if you like, (maybe bring up my intentional run on sentence too) but I doubt they will have a different opinion than you, since you are he, and he is you.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, the Rams moved from Cleveland to LA 15 years before the Patriots ever played a game (1945 vs 1960) and have been in the NFL for 33 years longer than the Pats (1937 vs 1970). Other than that move long ago, the Rams moved to St Louis shortly after their owner died and left the team to his wife, who moved the team for a payday. Once the Rams could get out of that contract, they returned to where they always belonged.

Only Bob Kraft kept the Patriots from moving to St Louis instead of the Rams in 1994. St Louis Stallions sound familiar? Orthwein was from St Louis and was moving the Patriots there until Kraft agreed to buy the team instead.
So you're proving my point of the CleLaMoLa Rams continually relocating. Keep trying to convince yourself otherwise by attempting to quantify it by years. Does that change the facts?

Do you and the others claim that STL SB? Then embrace the gypsy style life they've also had.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're proving my point of the CleLaMoLa Rams continually relocating. Keep trying to convince yourself otherwise by attempting to quantify it by years. Does that change the facts?

Do you and the others claim that STL SB? Then embrace the gypsy style life they've also had.

That supposed gypsy life was due to a bubble-headed divorcee owner that was killing the franchise. Had she done what Orthwein had done and sold to an owner that would keep the team in LA, this discussion would be moot. She is despised among most Rams fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.