• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ Minnesota Here

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember making good bank off of all of you arrogant tribalistic UW/Pac-10 fans who were very in my face about how superior the Pac-10 was compared to the Big 10, in basketball and football.

I think of those losers once or twice a year when I look at the pathetic performances of the Pac-10 in general during March Madness, over the last 20-25 years, and not as often, but occasionally when I see the Pac go another year without winning a cfb title, cept when they cheat(usc).

How did USC cheat in 2003?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember making good bank off of all of you arrogant tribalistic UW/Pac-10 fans who were very in my face about how superior the Pac-10 was compared to the Big 10, in basketball and football.

I think of those losers once or twice a year when I look at the pathetic performances of the Pac-10 in general during March Madness, over the last 20-25 years, and not as often, but occasionally when I see the Pac go another year without winning a cfb title, cept when they cheat(usc).
Lol!
"All of you" is incorrect as you never made a cent off of me. But as long as you were/are (feel) better (about yourself) than everyone else........then I guess all is good!

You seem rather defensive in trying to prove your points. You sure showed me my place in proving how superior Minny and the Big 10 is!! (green text is implied, but of couse I don't give a shit one way or the other).

Well There You Go Over It GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may or may not agree with you, depends. But out of curiousity, why do you think so? What evidence do you have that it's "cancerous"?
"From evolution we've been killing each other
I figure man should have it down to a science"

pantera GIF

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"From evolution we've been killing each other
I figure man should have it down to a science"

pantera GIF
That's hardly evidence of anything other than the writer of that song having an opinion.

You can't formulate your own opinion?

And first off, if you are assuming that evolution is a fact, and I'm assuming you/he are referring to macro-evolution, well that is probably your first mistake, but regardless, even so, if macro-evolution was a factual thing, then why would tribalism within the human race be a bad thing? Who dies when humans fight? The lesser of the two, right? The less intelligent, the less skilled, the slower one/side? Survival of the Fittest, right? If humans never fought against each other, the world would have become overpopulated a long time ago and things like viruses and diseases would have kicked in and done the job of thinning out the herd instead. The world won't be able to sustain continued population growth until it's become capable of moving out and living in space and/or on other planets.

And secondly, are you what, a big Trekkie or something? You think the whole world, as diverse as it is can come together and live in peace and harmony? lol Science has proven that Leftists brains don't work the same way the brains of people on the Right work. It's arguably scientifically impossible for us all to get along. Now don't take me as arguing for war or that it's all hopeless or anything, quite the opposite, I believe in a force powerful enough to transform the whole world that can get everyone to be in agreement and to live in peace and harmony, but unfortunately, the vast majority, at least in this forum, disagree with my beliefs.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn't go to the University of Minnesota, why would I have to? Where is it written in the Constitution that you have to have attended a school to be a fan of it's sports teams? lol I served my country honorably, that gives me the right to pick whatever team I want to be a fan of, losers.

And the only time a sports fan calls a fan of an opposing team's fandom into question is when they are LOSING the argument or too dumb to know how to win the argument or too lazy to do a little research to refute their argument.

Why Minnesota? Maybe because I was born with maroon and gold blood flowing through my veins? And was born and raised in Minnesota? Maybe because UMn's the only Div 1 school in the state? Maybe because my parents went there/were big fans of the Gophers their whole life? Maybe I had several friends go there? Maybe I grew up watching the Gophers on TV? Maybe I got taken to Gopher games growing up? Maybe my brother in law and neice and nephew were all big Gopher fans? Maybe I didn't even know that they had a glorious history and liked them from the start simply because they were the underdog, always struggling against the Big 2, Mich & OSU, and getting whooped by Oklahoma and Colorado? My father never told me why he was a Gopher fan or how good they were until I learned about it from guys I met in the Army. Then when I mentioned it to him, that's when he started to tell me the how and why of his becoming a Gopher fan.

so you didn’t go to Minnesota.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's hardly evidence of anything other than the writer of that song having an opinion.

You can't formulate your own opinion?

And first off, if you are assuming that evolution is a fact, and I'm assuming you/he are referring to macro-evolution, well that is probably your first mistake, but regardless, even so, if macro-evolution was a factual thing, then why would tribalism within the human race be a bad thing? Who dies when humans fight? The lesser of the two, right? The less intelligent, the less skilled, the slower one/side? Survival of the Fittest, right? If humans never fought against each other, the world would have become overpopulated a long time ago and things like viruses and diseases would have kicked in and done the job of thinning out the herd instead. The world won't be able to sustain continued population growth until it's become capable of moving out and living in space and/or on other planets.

And secondly, are you what, a big Trekkie or something? You think the whole world, as diverse as it is can come together and live in peace and harmony? lol Science has proven that Leftists brains don't work the same way the brains of people on the Right work. It's arguably scientifically impossible for us all to get along. Now don't take me as arguing for war or that it's all hopeless or anything, quite the opposite, I believe in a force powerful enough to transform the whole world that can get everyone to be in agreement and to live in peace and harmony, but unfortunately, the vast majority, at least in this forum, disagree with my beliefs.
Eh. I'm well versed in the different philosophical views. But it boils down to humanity's inability to get along due to selfishness and a refusal to acknowledge that they are wrong even when faced with the facts.

You due a pretty good job with your synopsis........until you start espousing your ridiculous tribal political view that somehow "leftists" are less intelligent than others. It is an utterly laughable view but you do prove my point by making it so thanks for that. It appears you are not capable of rational thought when it comes to location and politics due to your ingrained tribal bias (you can say the same about everyone but it is a matter of degree, and ability to keep an open mind and keep on learning). I don't personally know you so I can't say how pervasive these traits are with you but it obviously has clouded the specific views of yours that we are discussing here.

You are obviously intelligent on some level. I don't even really like most of Phil's views and lyrics (he was the weak point of the band imo) but it is easy to take the lyrics I posted and extrapolate them to show how tribalism has fucked up humanity throughout history. You already know this. I could write a 2000 page thesis on it loaded with examples but going indepth would be a lot of work and this isn't the time nor the place.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you didn’t go to Minnesota.
How many of Rudy's family members ever went to Notre Dame before Rudy got in???

Notre Dame has probably the highest # of non-attendee fans of any cfb program in the country, so it's rich that you would be in here trying to make it out as if that is somehow a requirement.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. I'm well versed in the different philosophical views. But it boils down to humanity's inability to get along due to selfishness and a refusal to acknowledge that they are wrong even when faced with the facts.

You due a pretty good job with your synopsis........until you start espousing your ridiculous tribal political view that somehow "leftists" are less intelligent than others. It is an utterly laughable view but you do prove my point by making it so thanks for that. It appears you are not capable of rational thought when it comes to location and politics due to your ingrained tribal bias (you can say the same about everyone but it is a matter of degree, and ability to keep an open mind and keep on learning). I don't personally know you so I can't say how pervasive these traits are with you but it obviously has clouded the specific views of yours that we are discussing here.

You are obviously intelligent on some level. I don't even really like most of Phil's views and lyrics (he was the weak point of the band imo) but it is easy to take the lyrics I posted and extrapolate them to show how tribalism has fucked up humanity throughout history. You already know this. I could write a 2000 page thesis on it loaded with examples but going indepth would be a lot of work and this isn't the time nor the place.

Oh contraire, I never said that Leftists weren't intelligent. I stated quite specifically that their brains do not work "the same" as those on the Right. Fact is Leftists are a tad bit more educated on average than those on the Right. I am not aware of any studies that have compared the average IQs of Leftists or those on the Right.

So it's NOT a "ridiculous view", it's the results of scientific study, and it had nothing to do with level of education or intelligence, simply how each group's brain processed the information they took in, either from experience or from an educational institution, or TV, etc..

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh contraire, I never said that Leftists weren't intelligent. I stated quite specifically that their brains do not work "the same" as those on the Right. Fact is Leftists are a tad bit more educated on average than those on the Right. I am not aware of any studies that have compared the average IQs of Leftists or those on the Right.

So it's NOT a "ridiculous view", it's the results of scientific study, and it had nothing to do with level of education or intelligence, simply how each group's brain processed the information they took in, either from experience or from an educational institution, or TV, etc..
I don't do politics on one side or the other as I consider it an exercise in futility that draws out intolerance, stupidity, and assholism on both sides. But I have seen your posts on the p-board (I check out a thread there once or twice a week or month when I want to punish my brain) and know what you think of "the other side" and how political tribes have rendered their members incapable of unbiased assessment of issues (again, everone is biased but it is a matter of degree). So no you didn't directly state it in the post here but it isn't exactly a secret.

So there is possibly some reality to your statement but it is still a "work in progress". They have shown some correlation but only on a small scale at this time. So far the biggest take away is that both sides of the political spectrum will excuse behavior from those on "their side", and go out of their way to demonize those on "the other side" regardless of facts, ie: toxic tribalism. So it is a "ridiculous view" in the sense that it embraces political affiliations over reality and will even "bend" their views in the face of common sense to fit their narrative.

I am a bit too buzzed for a philosophical debate about human nature at the moment so I hope that made some sense. If not, I'll try hard to start caring when I sober up a bit!

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I chose to go somewhere else. I am pretty sure if I was invited to attend West Point, I'd have gotten into UMn.

No need to lie. It's pretty clear to anyone who reads your posts that your IQ is pretty low.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree/acknowledge that tribalism has a negative side, for sure. I studied cults in college and I recognize cult like behavior when I see it. When it comes to sports, and even to some degree politics, especially since Trump came along, both sides in politics or both side's fans before, during and after a game, will resort to some biased behavior/remarks that they may not take as seriously as they put across in the heat of the moment.

An example, get a couple Trump supporters together in a room where they feel safe, where they feel no Leftists will hear what they say to each other, and their rhetoric can tone down, and they can open up and admit to Trump's faults or things they disagree about that he's done or said. But bring in some Leftists into the discussion and their walls will go up, they will go on defense/offense and show none of the willingness to admit to what they did when they thought it was all Trump supporters in the room. Same can be said if you reversed it, a room full of Leftists might open up to each other and acknowledge the faults on their side, but once any people from the Right entered the conversation, I'd assume just as in the other case, their walls would come up, they'd go into defense/offense and admit no wrong on their side, same as those on the Right.

I think this is human nature, and you can label it tribalism, and it may be to a point, but I think it's just human nature, survival of the fittest. If you open up and show any vulnerability, you open yourself up to attack. No one from the other side is going to respect your being open and vulnerable and truthful in all ways and honest 100%. Maybe in a one on one conversation, moreso if it's a one on one conversation with someone they know and/or trust, or maybe even in a small group setting, amongst a group of friends or family maybe. But the mob mentality is a powerful force and the mob always wants some form of blood, sometimes literal, sometimes figurative, or call it their pound of flesh or whatever, they want to win and showing weakness or vulnerability rarely works out well. But... if you are a Bible Believer, they believe these cold facts about human nature can be and should be fought against, and the idea of showing or being vulnerable is to them a good thing.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to lie. It's pretty clear to anyone who reads your posts that your IQ is pretty low.
Ha ha, funny coming from a fan of a low IQ school in a low IQ state.

Not lying about anything dude. Never have. But you can fantasize all you want about how dumb you need me to be in order to sleep better at night, loser.

My IQ is well above average. There is at least as much difference between me and average as there is between average and mentally challenged, which is what? A 70 IQ is technically considered retarded?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha, funny coming from a fan of a low IQ school in a low IQ state.

Not lying about anything dude. Never have. But you can fantasize all you want about how dumb you need me to be in order to sleep better at night, loser.

My IQ is well above average. There is at least as much difference between me and average as there is between average and mentally challenged, which is what? A 70 IQ is technically considered retarded?

Schools don't define the individual. Individuals define the individual.

As for your IQ, it appears that Simple Jack was based on people observing your behavior.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't do politics on one side or the other as I consider it an exercise in futility that draws out intolerance, stupidity, and assholism on both sides. But I have seen your posts on the p-board (I check out a thread there once or twice a week or month when I want to punish my brain) and know what you think of "the other side" and how political tribes have rendered their members incapable of unbiased assessment of issues (again, everone is biased but it is a matter of degree). So no you didn't directly state it in the post here but it isn't exactly a secret.

Yeah, I have a low opinion regarding "Leftists", but that has nothing to do with their IQ or level of intelligence or their level of education. It has everything to do with their morals and the policies they support and how they are all incredibly harmful to America and Americans. And I do not excuse bad things people on the Right do, I just point out we are all human and we are all fallible and both sides do bad things sometimes, BUT, there is a difference. Let me explain.

There is a difference between slipping up and doing something wrong, or even not slipping up but just doing it, but in secret, hiding it from the public and then preaching/teaching/advocating for a more righteous way/path, and going all out and promoting and pushing for and preaching about and teaching other's to follow in your sinful ways. Yes, the first way is hypocritical, but it only harms the individual sinning in secret, while the other is, yes, more honest and upfront and out in the open, I'll give Leftists credit for that, but it's easy to go without sinning when you declare that everything you want to do, and everything that you do, is ok and claim it not to be sinful. This 2nd way, despite being more honest, is far more harmful to far more people.

So there is possibly some reality to your statement but it is still a "work in progress". They have shown some correlation but only on a small scale at this time. So far the biggest take away is that both sides of the political spectrum will excuse behavior from those on "their side", and go out of their way to demonize those on "the other side" regardless of facts, ie: toxic tribalism. So it is a "ridiculous view" in the sense that it embraces political affiliations over reality and will even "bend" their views in the face of common sense to fit their narrative.

I am a bit too buzzed for a philosophical debate about human nature at the moment so I hope that made some sense. If not, I'll try hard to start caring when I sober up a bit!

It's not as small of a scale as you think. And just look at the news for a few nights in a row, watching both left leaning news shows and right leaning ones and you will see clearly that what the study shows, bears true all throughout society.

But I can understand the being too buzzed part, so I'll leave this off here, and pick it up with you some other time. Maybe we'll have to take it to the politics forum next time, though? Or at least try to relate it to how it affects college football fans and such?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schools don't define the individual. Individuals define the individual.

As for your IQ, it appears that Simple Jack was based on people observing your behavior.
Dude, give it up. I mean, if you need to convince yourself so that you can feel better about yourself and sleep better at night, fine. But it just cracks me up, how hard you try to convince yourself and others of this narrative about me that you have chosen to believe or propagate.