• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ Minnesota Here

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that the same guy whose heart gave out after a career of failure at Minnesota?

His heart gave out? Wow, aren't you a loser moron jackass. Guy had a condition you fucking monster. Had been dealing with it for a long time.

And his career was hardly a failure, he built up and left every single program he came into, better off than when he got there. College coaches voted on who they'd want their son to play cfb for, and Jerry Kill came in 2nd behind only Nick Saban.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the most recent Heisman winner?

2022 recruits, the ones who are still uncommitted, were how old when Oregon got their only Heisman winner? 9 or 10?

Oregon's ONE Heisman winner is fast becoming almost as irrelevant as UMn's ONE Heisman winner, to the short attention span kids of today. Oregon's got one of the best Practice Facilities out there, thanks to Uncle Phil, but UMn's is newer.

Oregon did beat OSU and UMn lost to them and followed that up with a loss to Bowling Green, so right now Oregon easily has the recruiting advantage over Minnesota, but Oregon could falter and lose game they shouldn't have, and UMn could win a game they weren't expected to, and that whole dynamic could be reversed?!

No matter what, the thing about Oregon is you have to go out to fucking the state of Oregon to go to the Univ of Oregon, lol. Crappy state, crappy time zone, we'll see if the Pac can get a decent TV contract come renewal time? Big 12 might steal a few Pac schools like Zona and Colorado, who would both love having half their games played in much better time zones, and the Pac will have to resort to adding Boise St and I don't know, UNLV or San Diego St or something? lol

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022 recruits, the ones who are still uncommitted, were how old when Oregon got their only Heisman winner? 9 or 10?

Oregon's ONE Heisman winner is fast becoming almost as irrelevant as UMn's ONE Heisman winner, to the short attention span kids of today. Oregon's got one of the best Practice Facilities out there, thanks to Uncle Phil, but UMn's is newer.

Oregon did beat OSU and UMn lost to them and followed that up with a loss to Bowling Green, so right now Oregon easily has the recruiting advantage over Minnesota, but Oregon could falter and lose game they shouldn't have, and UMn could win a game they weren't expected to, and that whole dynamic could be reversed?!

No matter what, the thing about Oregon is you have to go out to fucking the state of Oregon to go to the Univ of Oregon, lol. Crappy state, crappy time zone, we'll see if the Pac can get a decent TV contract come renewal time? Big 12 might steal a few Pac schools like Zona and Colorado, who would both love having half their games played in much better time zones, and the Pac will have to resort to adding Boise St and I don't know, UNLV or San Diego St or something? lol
Jesus you know little about this stuff ^^^^^^^

You try and knock down a Heisman from less than 8 years ago but brag about shit from the 30’s - SMH

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus you know little about this stuff ^^^^^^^

You try and knock down a Heisman from less than 8 years ago but brag about shit from the 30’s - SMH
I'm not dissing your Heisman, just saying your having one more recently than UMn having one is BARELY relevant to todays short attention span youth.

UMn = 1 Heisman.
Oreg = 1 Heisman.

UMn = 6 Heisman Top 3 finishers
Oreg = 2 Heisman Top 3 finishers.

Nothing recent enough to excite the current crop of recruits.

Dude, your coach is a good coach, and a proven winner, THAT is what recruits care about, you could concentrate on that, not bs heismans that barely matter. Just saying.

UMn's got more Outland winners, too. Do you honestly think that relevant?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His heart gave out? Wow, aren't you a loser moron jackass. Guy had a condition you fucking monster. Had been dealing with it for a long time.

And his career was hardly a failure, he built up and left every single program he came into, better off than when he got there. College coaches voted on who they'd want their son to play cfb for, and Jerry Kill came in 2nd behind only Nick Saban.

Well I don't doubt that he left Minnesota better than how he found it, considering what a dumpster fire that program is.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You seem obsessed with Oregon to be bringing them up in a Minnesota thread. Try to stay on topic...discussing the garbage program that is Minnesota.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem obsessed with Oregon to be bringing them up in a Minnesota thread. Try to stay on topic...discussing the garbage program that is Minnesota.
You seem obsessed with Minnesota to have started this thread and posted the last 5 posts in a row.

Oh, I get it, I hurt your feeweens when I pointed out how lowly of a school Oregon is, eh? Now you are out for revenge, eh? lol

And how are you trying to exact this revenge? The way that a typical Neanderthal would, of course, by bragging about how their slave labor boss of an alum bought their way into big time football and now like Neanderthals can only do, they do a brute sport like football is good. But only now after their slave labor boss bought them lots of nice things they'd otherwise never have been able to afford. But even a slave labor bossman and his money can't turn pathetic little ole Oregon into a Natl Champ. Even with a Heisman winner leading the way they couldn't pull it off. At least Minnesota's Heisman winner led them to a Natl Title. And it's actually quite impressive that he actually won the Heisman seeing as Bierman was known for employing several backs in his offense, and if my memory serves me, our Heisman winner, Bruce Smith, wasn't even the leading rusher on that Gopher offense, he was the year before when they also won the Natl Title, but he wasn't the year he won the Heisman. And let me repeat, he wasn't not only the leading rusher in the country, he wasn't the leading rusher on the team.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Minnesota's last Outland winner? 15+ years ago?

Yes, our THIRD Outland was about 15 years ago, I don't think you'd need 2 hands to count how many schools have more Outland Trophy winners than Minnesota does, but that could have changed in the last, I don't know, 5-6 years probably since I last checked. Does Oregon even have one?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree/acknowledge that tribalism has a negative side, for sure. I studied cults in college and I recognize cult like behavior when I see it. When it comes to sports, and even to some degree politics, especially since Trump came along, both sides in politics or both side's fans before, during and after a game, will resort to some biased behavior/remarks that they may not take as seriously as they put across in the heat of the moment.

An example, get a couple Trump supporters together in a room where they feel safe, where they feel no Leftists will hear what they say to each other, and their rhetoric can tone down, and they can open up and admit to Trump's faults or things they disagree about that he's done or said. But bring in some Leftists into the discussion and their walls will go up, they will go on defense/offense and show none of the willingness to admit to what they did when they thought it was all Trump supporters in the room. Same can be said if you reversed it, a room full of Leftists might open up to each other and acknowledge the faults on their side, but once any people from the Right entered the conversation, I'd assume just as in the other case, their walls would come up, they'd go into defense/offense and admit no wrong on their side, same as those on the Right.

I think this is human nature, and you can label it tribalism, and it may be to a point, but I think it's just human nature, survival of the fittest. If you open up and show any vulnerability, you open yourself up to attack. No one from the other side is going to respect your being open and vulnerable and truthful in all ways and honest 100%. Maybe in a one on one conversation, moreso if it's a one on one conversation with someone they know and/or trust, or maybe even in a small group setting, amongst a group of friends or family maybe. But the mob mentality is a powerful force and the mob always wants some form of blood, sometimes literal, sometimes figurative, or call it their pound of flesh or whatever, they want to win and showing weakness or vulnerability rarely works out well. But... if you are a Bible Believer, they believe these cold facts about human nature can be and should be fought against, and the idea of showing or being vulnerable is to them a good thing.
Human beings seem to want to feel superior not only amongst themselves, but also more than the animal kingdom. While we obviously have brain function that is different in meaningful ways than our animal brethren the fact is that every single aspect of our brain form and function is exceeded by individual animal species.

My point is that what you refer to as "human nature" is actually animalistic nature. If the human race actually aspires to be something more than just another animal species then they need to overcome these regressive tendencies and truely evolve (perhaps via Jung's 48 chromosome theory for example).

As we understand it, every aspect of our being is shaped by genetics and environment. Genetics sets the possible range for an individual's traits and environment sets where that trait falls within that range. However it has been shown many times that environment can overcome genetic predisposition (not always, but generally speaking).

So, with this in mind I propose that tribalism is both "human nature", and toxic behavior. While I acknowledge there are also positives to tribalism (every trait has both positive and negative aspects) the negatives far outweigh them. But these can be overcome given education and other environmental impacts. However these changes come at a glacial pace when compared to our insane technological curve since the industrial and now digital revolution began, and any changes don't just magically appear across the entirety of the population, but instead slowly across very small percentages of persons to the point that it is thought that if you took to average infants, one from today and one from 80,000 BC, and raised them with the same environmental influences, they would be virtually indistinguishable from each other in significant physical and mental aspects.

Maybe you should consider Roddenberry as proposing a vision we should aspire to instead of disregarding him as a laughable hippy dream pusher? His vision might be the only way humanity can keep from destroying itself while currently locked onto a planet with an extremely fast growing population and quickly dwindling resources to divide among them. (It is pretty clear what happens when these situations become untenable).
My current personal opinion is that we can't overcome the negative aspects of our "human nature" and will probably lead to large scale destruction of the human race, with a few examples surviving (just a guess here but who knows what will happen).

To answer your last question, I believe myself to be a true agnostic in that no one knows what life really is, where it comes from, nor what happens when it is over in it's human, animal, plant, microbe, etc form. We do know that energy doesn't disappear, but instead only changes form. I know it isn't the miracle some espouse it to be because miracles by definition are rare events, while life occurs constantly given the opportunity.
I don't believe in any organized religion's theology, and I believe the Bible to be a collection of parables on how to live morally and ethically (not withstanding the Old Testament stuff) and not to be taken literally.

To reiterate in conclusion: If humans truely aspire to become something more than just an animal driven by selfish survival instincts then they need to be aware of and conciously overcome the negative aspects of traits that can be detrimental to our existence and advancement, which includes the "dark side" of tribalism and many others. Embracing the negative sides, as many do, might lead us down the path towards Mike Judge's Idiocracy at best, and annihilation at worst. Of course this is all just my opinion.

So I stand by the Pantera lyric as a fine representation. You only need to extrapolate.

I could go on forever, but that is enough rambling at the moment.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, our THIRD Outland was about 15 years ago, I don't think you'd need 2 hands to count how many schools have more Outland Trophy winners than Minnesota does, but that could have changed in the last, I don't know, 5-6 years probably since I last checked. Does Oregon even have one?

Oregon had an Outland winner 2 years ago. No recruit is going to remember/care about a Minnesota Outland winner from that far back.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Human beings seem to want to feel superior not only amongst themselves, but also more than the animal kingdom. While we obviously have brain function that is different in meaningful ways than our animal brethren the fact is that every single aspect of our brain form and function is exceeded by individual animal species.

My point is that what you refer to as "human nature" is actually animalistic nature. If the human race actually aspires to be something more than just another animal species then they need to overcome these regressive tendencies and truely evolve (perhaps via Jung's 48 chromosome theory for example).

As we understand it, every aspect of our being is shaped by genetics and environment. Genetics sets the possible range for an individual's traits and environment sets where that trait falls within that range. However it has been shown many times that environment can overcome genetic predisposition (not always, but generally speaking).

So, with this in mind I propose that tribalism is both "human nature", and toxic behavior. While I acknowledge there are also positives to tribalism (every trait has both positive and negative aspects) the negatives far outweigh them. But these can be overcome given education and other environmental impacts. However these changes come at a glacial pace when compared to our insane technological curve since the industrial and now digital revolution began, and any changes don't just magically appear across the entirety of the population, but instead slowly across very small percentages of persons to the point that it is thought that if you took to average infants, one from today and one from 80,000 BC, and raised them with the same environmental influences, they would be virtually indistinguishable from each other in significant physical and mental aspects.

Maybe you should consider Roddenberry as proposing a vision we should aspire to instead of disregarding him as a laughable hippy dream pusher? His vision might be the only way humanity can keep from destroying itself while currently locked onto a planet with an extremely fast growing population and quickly dwindling resources to divide among them. (It is pretty clear what happens when these situations become untenable).
My current personal opinion is that we can't overcome the negative aspects of our "human nature" and will probably lead to large scale destruction of the human race, with a few examples surviving (just a guess here but who knows what will happen).

To answer your last question, I believe myself to be a true agnostic in that no one knows what life really is, where it comes from, nor what happens when it is over in it's human, animal, plant, microbe, etc form. We do know that energy doesn't disappear, but instead only changes form. I know it isn't the miracle some espouse it to be because miracles by definition are rare events, while life occurs constantly given the opportunity.
I don't believe in any organized religion's theology, and I believe the Bible to be a collection of parables on how to live morally and ethically (not withstanding the Old Testament stuff) and not to be taken literally.

To reiterate in conclusion: If humans truely aspire to become something more than just an animal driven by selfish survival instincts then they need to be aware of and conciously overcome the negative aspects of traits that can be detrimental to our existence and advancement, which includes the "dark side" of tribalism and many others. Embracing the negative sides, as many do, might lead us down the path towards Mike Judge's Idiocracy at best, and annihilation at worst. Of course this is all just my opinion.

So I stand by the Pantera lyric as a fine representation. You only need to extrapolate.

I could go on forever, but that is enough rambling at the moment.
Interesting little read. Had to read it 1/3rd at a time as work keeps interupting, lol.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did change in the last 5-6 years, Bama who was tied with Minny in 5th with 3 as of 2015 won 3 since. So now, like I said, you don't need 2 hands to count how many cfb programs have more Outlands than Minnesota, as it's just 5.