• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ Minnesota Here

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, there are multiple Oregon fans in here who can easily defend their own University. Yet you have chosen to pimp Oregon on several occasions. Not saying that makes you an Oregon fan, NEVER said you were, in fact, prior to calling you a "temporary" Oregon fan, and expressing my OPINION that you were being a temporary Oregon fan just to diss Minnesota, I called you Mr OSU. So right in the very same post, it was obvious that I knew you were an OSU fan.

Again I've only said one thing about them. And that's they have won a CBB national title. The only person that claims they haven't is you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PROVE IT.

You're such a funny homer. So you think Minnesota won legit CBB national titles in 1902, 1903 & 1919? The first year of the NIT was 1938. And the first year of March Madness was 1939. :pound:

Last edited:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, Notre Dame gets lots of money because their alumni make lots of money and contribute it to the school. Minnisota has 5 times as many students as Notre Dame, and due to the fact that they can’t make any money, the endowment at Minnisota is less than 1/5 the endowment at Notre Dame. That has to be extremely embarrassing for anyone who goes to Minnesota. Why do you think the Minnesota alumni decide not to support the school? They probably don’t think the education they got was worth the money. They are probably right.
So Notre Dame didn't take in black students until the late 1940s? Wow, Racist much? But then Notre Dame didn't take in Women into their undergraduate programs until the 70s, so sexist, too, I guess?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your homerism has no end. According to sports-ref.-com (a site I'm sure you'll say is invalid) Minnesota has never had an undefeated season in basketball. You're lying again. Which means you're also lying about those 3 CBB national titles.

And exactly which years are you incorrectly claiming they went undefeated? I know you won't answer this question.
1919, 1902 and 1903.

And both Sports Illustrated and ESPN's Sports Almanacs list UMn as having won Natl Titles. One source has them winning in 1919 and 1902, the other has them winning in 1902 and 1903. The two sources are the Helms Athletic Foundation and the Primo-Poretta Poll. And yes, both retroactively awarded those Titles.

UMn went 15-0 in 1902
UMn went 13-0 in 1903
UMn went undefeated in 1919.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1919, 1902 and 1903.

And both Sports Illustrated and ESPN's Sports Almanacs list UMn as having won Natl Titles. One source has them winning in 1919 and 1902, the other has them winning in 1902 and 1903. The two sources are the Helms Athletic Foundation and the Primo-Poretta Poll. And yes, both retroactively awarded those Titles.

UMn went 15-0 in 1902
UMn went 13-0 in 1903
UMn went undefeated in 1919.

Okay. As long as you believe that isn't that all that really matters? Just like you think all things Minnesota Gophers > every other university in the country.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're such a funny homer. So you think Minnesota won legit CBB national titles in 1902, 1903 & 1919? The first year of the NIT was 1938. And the first year of March Madness was 1939. :pound:
They beat Yale one of those years, and Yale was considered the best team in the country, at least until UMn beat them, and beat them soundly.

UMn also beat Wisconsin, probably all 3 years, and Wisconsin was also considered one of the early powers in cbb, winning something like 3 cbb Titles, PRIOR to their win in the 1941 NCAA tourney.

I can look who else they played, probably several non-impressive teams as well, but all cbb teams play several non-impressive teams each season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat Yale one of those years, and Yale was considered the best team in the country, at least until UMn beat them, and beat them soundly.

UMn also beat Wisconsin, probably all 3 years, and Wisconsin was also considered one of the early powers in cbb, winning something like 3 cbb Titles, PRIOR to their win in the 1941 NCAA tourney.

I can look who else they played, probably several non-impressive teams as well, but all cbb teams play several non-impressive teams each season.

So you're trying to claim that Minnesota beat Yale in 1903 for a CBB national title? Interesting. Because in 1903 Yale's only loss was in-conference.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. As long as you believe that isn't that all that really matters? Just like you think all things Minnesota Gophers > every other university in the country.
This is one of your lies, dude. I've NEVER said all things Minnesota Gophers > every other university in the country.

I have a ton of respect for schools like Stanford, Cal-Berkeley, Washington, and outside of sports, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn St, Illinois and even Ohio St. Dude, have I EVER dissed your school? No, I haven't. And of course Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Columbia, MIT, etc..

I've NEVER claimed UMn was better than all other universities in the country, in fact, I've never claimed UMn to be #1 among the Public Universities in the nation, either. Close, Top Ten arguably.

So you should stop lying about me in this way.

Fans who show respect to UMn, get respect from me.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of your lies, dude. I've NEVER said all things Minnesota Gophers > every other university in the country.

I have a ton of respect for schools like Stanford, Cal-Berkeley, Washington, and outside of sports, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn St, Illinois and even Ohio St. Dude, have I EVER dissed your school? No, I haven't. And of course Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Columbia, MIT, etc..

I've NEVER claimed UMn was better than all other universities in the country, in fact, I've never claimed UMn to be #1 among the Public Universities in the nation, either. Close, Top Ten arguably.

So you should stop lying about me in this way.

Fans who show respect to UMn, get respect from me.

Holy shit, you really are dumb. How many times are you gonna take something I say sarcastically as a fact? Since you obviously don't know the difference between the two from now on I'll use this- sarcasm2.gif just for you. Yer special like that.

I root for all BigTen team except that community college in ann arbor sarcasm2.gif <----pay attention. But because of you I want the Gophers to lose by 5 TD's today.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're trying to claim that Minnesota beat Yale in 1903 for a CBB national title? Interesting. Because in 1903 Yale's only loss was in-conference.
I said UMn beat Yale one of those years, so it was probably 1902, because I remember Yale made sure not to play Minnesota again the next year and I just don't want to make any official claims since my memory might betray me and you are right there to pounce and unforgivingly accuse me of lying about whatever, lol. It's one reason why I was ok with UMn getting a Natl Title nod in 1903 as well as Yale. UMn earned their Title nod in 1902 by beating Yale handily, I'm 90% sure it was 1902 and not 1901, and it wasn't even close if my memory serves me right, and then UMn went undefeated again the next year in 1903(that's why I think it was 1902 UMn beat Yale) but didn't get the nod from Helms because they gave it to Yale instead, showing that Eastern Bias that inflicted all college sports in the earliest part of the 20th Century, until teams like Michigan beat Eastern teams in cfb, and teams like Minnesota beat Yale in cbb, then eastern sports writers and press started to acknowledge western teams more and more. I'm sure OSU suffered from some of that bias back in the day, too?

So it's pretty obvious Yale was scared of UMn, and they should have been, in 1903 not 1902. Back then they didn't have schedules set in stone years ahead, so Yale could have easily played Minnesota again in 1903, but didn't. I doubt anyone will admit it was because of being scared, but when UMn pummeled them the way they did in 1902, can you blame them?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said UMn beat Yale one of those years, so it was probably 1902, because I remember Yale made sure not to play Minnesota again the next year and I just don't want to make any official claims since my memory might betray me and you are right there to pounce and unforgivingly accuse me of lying about whatever, lol. It's one reason why I was ok with UMn getting a Natl Title nod in 1903 as well as Yale. UMn earned their Title nod in 1902 by beating Yale handily, I'm 90% sure it was 1902 and not 1901, and it wasn't even close if my memory serves me right, and then UMn went undefeated again the next year in 1903(that's why I think it was 1902 UMn beat Yale) but didn't get the nod from Helms because they gave it to Yale instead, showing that Eastern Bias that inflicted all college sports in the earliest part of the 20th Century, until teams like Michigan beat Eastern teams in cfb, and teams like Minnesota beat Yale in cbb, then eastern sports writers and press started to acknowledge western teams more and more. I'm sure OSU suffered from some of that bias back in the day, too?

So it's pretty obvious Yale was scared of UMn, and they should have been, in 1903 not 1902. Back then they didn't have schedules set in stone years ahead, so Yale could have easily played Minnesota again in 1903, but didn't. I doubt anyone will admit it was because of being scared, but when UMn pummeled them the way they did in 1902, can you blame them?

1901,1902 & 1903 guess what? Nobody except you cares. You're bragging about stuff that happened more than 115 years ago.

The only way you can make Minnesota relevant is to bring up stuff that happened decades ago. And yet you think Wisconsin & Oregon have never won a legit CBB national title.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fredsdeadfriend

Minnesota football > Nebraska football

right?
Depends on how you look at it.

You have said on many occasions that there is no way that a team with fewer Natl Titles than other teams could be deemed better than those other teams, so....

UMn's head to head record vs Nebraska favors UMn, and it's not really even close.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1901,1902 & 1903 guess what? Nobody except you cares. You're bragging about stuff that happened more than 115 years ago.

The only way you can make Minnesota relevant is to bring up stuff that happened decades ago. And yet you think Wisconsin & Oregon have never won a legit CBB national title.
It's 1902, 1903 and 1919, get it right. Or should I call you a LIAR because you publicly denied UMn it's Title in 1919? lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 1902, 1903 and 1919, get it right. Or should I call you a LIAR because you publicly denied UMn it's Title in 1919?

Who cares about stuff that happened more than 100 years other than you?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you think Wisconsin & Oregon have never won a legit CBB national title.

Only Rosey O'Donnell, lol Or in this case, Only Oregon have I denied has won a "legit" CBB National Title.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way you can make Minnesota relevant is to bring up stuff that happened decades ago.

UMn STILL ranks #12 in the nation at producing NBA players.

UMn Men's and Women's Hockey are STILL the GOATs of chk and have the MOST former players playing in the pros.

UMn STILL went 11-2 in 2019, just as good of a record as any of Oregon fb's of the last 5 years., give or take one game.

UMn's Baseball coach is STILL moving up the All-Time Winningest cBb coaches ranking.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMn STILL went 11-2 in 2019, just as good of a record as any of Oregon fb's of the last 5 years., give or take one game.

No, it doesn't. What happened in 2019 is barely relevant, and what happened last year, with covid means even 2020 isn't relevant.

hey-dummy-greeting.gif

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't understand the difference between overall relevance of winning in the recent past, and how that's different from how irrelevant last year can be to the current year because of graduation/transfers/injuries, then you are dumber than I thought.