• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List of needs in order of importance

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
1) Depth or even a starter (NT?) on the DL. Period. I'm all for signing Richard Seymour.

2) A WR. Losing Mario was killer. Now he probably won't (or at least shouldn't) be back. I know there are a lot of good WRs in the draft, but I want Mike Wallace. I know that's 2 big FAs already, but Seymour won't get a long-term deal; he's old.

3) A situational pass-rusher.

4) A kicker.

5) A safety (or 2). I don't want to see Whitner back. He can't cover. I'd be ok with franchinsing Goldson 1 more season (it'd be expensive), but I'd also be fine letting him walk. Here's a spot where I'm hoping someone from another team gets cut.

5) a CB. Again, if someone cuts a good CB, I'd like to upgrade one of those spots. Rogers is getting pretty pricey.

6) A Center. I'm hoping for a trade up for Warmack.

7) Depth on the OL. Leonard Davis probably won't be back, and the Niners use a lot of jumbo packages. I loved the offense with Davis in there.

8) A #2 TE. Walker just made a lot of money today. He might get a starting gig somewhere. I'd be surprised if he's back.

If the Niners can get Mike Wallace & Richard Seymor in FA, I'd be extatic. Then they go to work in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do NFL teams do three team trades and can we sign and trade? NE wanted Goldson last year and we apparently want Revis and the Jets may want someone from NE. Not thinking that NE and the Jets would trade, though. Just curious if there could be any arrangement hypothetically.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't think the NFL does 3-team trades.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Depth or even a starter (NT?) on the DL. Period. I'm all for signing Richard Seymour.

2) A WR. Losing Mario was killer. Now he probably won't (or at least shouldn't) be back. I know there are a lot of good WRs in the draft, but I want Mike Wallace. I know that's 2 big FAs already, but Seymour won't get a long-term deal; he's old.

3) A situational pass-rusher.

4) A kicker.

5) A safety (or 2). I don't want to see Whitner back. He can't cover. I'd be ok with franchinsing Goldson 1 more season (it'd be expensive), but I'd also be fine letting him walk. Here's a spot where I'm hoping someone from another team gets cut.

5) a CB. Again, if someone cuts a good CB, I'd like to upgrade one of those spots. Rogers is getting pretty pricey.

6) A Center. I'm hoping for a trade up for Warmack.

7) Depth on the OL. Leonard Davis probably won't be back, and the Niners use a lot of jumbo packages. I loved the offense with Davis in there.

8) A #2 TE. Walker just made a lot of money today. He might get a starting gig somewhere. I'd be surprised if he's back.

If the Niners can get Mike Wallace & Richard Seymor in FA, I'd be extatic. Then they go to work in the draft.

Could Warmack even play Center? I'm not sure it would be worth trading up to draft him that high. It would cost us too much. I thought Goodwin did a pretty good job through out the season. He wasn't sensational, but he got the job done for the most part.

Wallace is going to cost way too much. I was interested in Greg Jennings at one point, but i think that point is past. I'm still hoping for Justin Hunter.

DL, K, and a situational pass rusher need to be addressed immediately.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Could Warmack even play Center? I'm not sure it would be worth trading up to draft him that high. It would cost us too much. I thought Goodwin did a pretty good job through out the season. He wasn't sensational, but he got the job done for the most part.

Wallace is going to cost way too much. I was interested in Greg Jennings at one point, but i think that point is past. I'm still hoping for Justin Hunter.

DL, K, and a situational pass rusher need to be addressed immediately.

I have no doubt that Warmack could not only play C but he'd dominate at it.

I'd trade up to the 12-15 range for him & steal him away from the Rams if he's on the board that long.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Forgot to mention: for the FS issue, I'd love to convert Quentin Jammer to FS. There was a thread about this a while back (which I started). Most people didn't think it would be a good idea, but I love the idea.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you find that so fast?

Photographic memory. Just kidding. Advanced Search of Ninersickess's posts in this message board. Scroll up, in between "New Posts" and "Quick Links" - press that and click advanced. Then, there's an option to choose username and board. And of course, the search term.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thanks bud. That would've saved me some time in the past.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of your assessments Sick. I think they have to make a FA splash for a WR. Wallace would be perfect(if he backs down from him wanting Fitz money) but I would take Bowe. Hell anyone that can make an impact on the outside I want. Then hopefully AJ Jenkins can contribute as the 3rd WR.

They need a NT for sure cuz I don't think they re-sign Soap.
Another DL to start grooming for when Justin retires and to give him some snaps off.
Kicker for sure.
Safety is a worry for me. I like the big hits but I would like it better if they would cover. But I'm with you in not caring if they keep Goldson but they should cut Whitner.

I don't want the Niners to fuck up their cap space for 2014 tho. Crabs, Iupati, and Davis need to be re-signed to long term deals.

Also I'm starting to dislike Fangio. I know the Smith's injuries played a big role in the way the defense has been playing but Fangio's just been an alright DC in the NFL and I think they can upgrade there.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks bud. That would've saved me some time in the past.

OH! I forgot, there's an option to search threads or posts. The default is threads, but the only useful one, IMO, is to change that to "posts."

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt that Warmack could not only play C but he'd dominate at it.

I'd trade up to the 12-15 range for him & steal him away from the Rams if he's on the board that long.

And what about Wallace? His asking price is way out of our price range.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll be 32 next season, he made close to 5 mil this year and he doesn't play when the team is in Nickel. Not worth it to franchise him. Niners need to spend his money on coverage or WR and find a replacement NT in the draft.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Whitner gone and Goldson signed to a long term deal. Goldson is where he needs to be virtually every play. Whitner ain't worth the cheddar he is still owed. Cut him, save 5 mil, and draft his heir apparent at SS...or sign someone that has at least halfway decent coverage skills. Whitner seemed out of position more then he was in position during pass plays yesterday and this has been a growing trend throughout the season.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker probably earned a lot of money from the Rams or Cardinals. Always seems to be the division rivals who take notice when a guy has a Super Bowl like that... maybe the 49ers will get lucky and he'll set aside the payday for a season or two to keep chasing the ring.

Or, if Tony G does retire then maybe Atlanta will use Delanie to pick up where he left off... except they'll be cursing the day they tried to be optimistic about his stonehands

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Secondary would be at the top of my list.

I would keep Goldson, dump Whitner, and add a S that excels in coverage. We only need one S that is a thumper and having two is a big liability for us. We need a duo like Seattle's with one guy the thumper and one guy that's the range.

CB we need a more legit number 1 guy but that's going to be a tough one to address since they are hard to find.