• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List of needs in order of importance

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pass rush and another good receiver.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Wallace would be perfect for Kap. Deep down field prescience we never have and Crabtree underneath doing his thing and Davis getting open just about everywhere and hopefully a healthy Kyle Williams and the 3rd or 4th receiver. I like it

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really wish we wouldve traded last years 1st for Mike Wallace. A decent chance the steelers wouldve done that too

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I really wish we wouldve traded last years 1st for Mike Wallace. A decent chance the steelers wouldve done that too

Mike Wallace was a restricted free agent so it wasn't about trading with the Steelers.

All the 9ers would've had to do is offer Wallace a contract and the Steelers would have a right to match or refuse it. If they refused it we would've surrendered our 1st round pick to the Steelers since they placed a 1st round tender on him.

The Steelers' cap was tight so if the 9ers really wanted Wallace all they had to do is front load the 1st year of the Wallace deal and make it impossible for the Steelers to match it.

My belief is the reason Wallace isn't a 9er is because he wanted Fitz money and nobody is going to give up a 1st rounder and give him that contract. He's not even worth Fitz money in the first place.

Since Baalke used the pick on Jenkins I think he would've given up that 1st rounder in a heartbeat if Wallace asked for a reasonable contract.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do not want to give Wallace big money. And because Wallace wants big money, I don't want Wallace. After seeing the secondary get burned so badly yesterday, I'd entertain going after Revis.

Kaepernick is a good enough QB I think that if we draft a couple of good receivers and also another TE to go along side of Davis and Crabtree, he'll make them good.

I would address WR in the draft... but no reaching for WRs like we did with Jenkins.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What hurts the defense the most is their zone schemes. In both 1st halfs of the Atlanta and Ravens game they got absolutely destroyed because our defense gets confused and teams can flood the zones to cause more confusion.

Our defense did much much better in the 2nd half of both games and while they did get beat one on one at times it was nothing like the track meet in the 1st halves. The pass rush looked bad, but it's not as bad as some people think. If you watch film they didn't rush on maybe a third of the pass plays and instead were forming a wall for run defense and then trying to rush when they saw pass. That's a DC call. When our guys actually went all out they were collapsing the pocket but either couldn't finish the sack or Flacco got rid of the ball.

I'd like Wallace, but he'd have to come off the Fitz money demand. I'd kick the tires on the Revis trade first and see what kind of money he's going to want long term. The good thing about trading for him is that he's cheaper than Alex Smith at 6 mill vs 8.5 for 2013 and theres a clause in his contract he can't hold out in 2013 or he guarantees the years left on his current contract.

I'd cut Whitner, let Soap walk, and cut or trade Alex Smith. That's 18.5 mill right there. If you get Wallace you could keep Manningham with the money saved or cut him too to add another 5 mill or cut/restructure Rogers if going the Revis route. We need a new SS that can actually cover or do a zone and I'd like to keep Goldson if he comes off that 10mill a year demand from last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He'll be 32 next season, he made close to 5 mil this year and he doesn't play when the team is in Nickel. Not worth it to franchise him. Niners need to spend his money on coverage or WR and find a replacement NT in the draft.

There's no way I'd franchise Soap, but if he wanted to cmoe back for like 4-5 million a season, I'd be open to that.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Soap should be the rotation player, to spell all 3 spots...

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Wallace was a restricted free agent so it wasn't about trading with the Steelers.

All the 9ers would've had to do is offer Wallace a contract and the Steelers would have a right to match or refuse it. If they refused it we would've surrendered our 1st round pick to the Steelers since they placed a 1st round tender on him.

The Steelers' cap was tight so if the 9ers really wanted Wallace all they had to do is front load the 1st year of the Wallace deal and make it impossible for the Steelers to match it.

My belief is the reason Wallace isn't a 9er is because he wanted Fitz money and nobody is going to give up a 1st rounder and give him that contract. He's not even worth Fitz money in the first place.

Since Baalke used the pick on Jenkins I think he would've given up that 1st rounder in a heartbeat if Wallace asked for a reasonable contract.

Ah, yup that was the situation. Slipped my mind the exact details of the whole thing.