• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lionstop speaks: Off-season prediction pt 1

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some bad news here for you then if you like Karlos Williams

Florida State's Karlos Williams part of domestic battery investigation

if I remember correctly, he put a beat-down on his then pregnant girlfriend, who is also the mother of another child of his. The girlfriend posted pics on her twitter account. My best recollection is the case went away.

Yeah, sucks she was preggos when he did that.
People fight and argue. It's part of nature. I'm not saying it's alright to beat up a chick but when things get crazy. Things happen. What if she picked up a knife or something and he grabbed her arm and threw her down. That kind of stuff causes bruising.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he ends up in the "ATL" with HC Quinn there now. I agree with your thinking, Thunder, and long before his monster combine #'s output. But, I could say the very same thing when it comes to Walter having Gurley rated #4 right now. That's insane with him coming off an ACL and he won't be working out at Georgia's pro day either, as it has been recently reported.

I could track down 10-12 others fairly easily when it comes to current rankings of players coming into this draft

I wouldn't rate ANY RB as a top 5 player. I think AP went #7 or #9 and he is easily the best RB I've seen since Barry Sanders.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly, at first, didn't believe her. Maybe Karlos did cause those bruises/injuries, then again maybe not. I just think with all that's going on lately, regarding domestic violence, teams will be pretty damn cautious drafting or signing players in FA with known, proven past issues. maybe I'm wrong.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't rate ANY RB as a top 5 player. I think AP went #7 or #9 and he is easily the best RB I've seen since Barry Sanders.

I wouldn't rate any RB in top 15 anymore, regardless of how damn good they "project to the NFL or there past accomplishments in CFB", but that's just me.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly, at first, didn't believe her. Maybe Karlos did cause those bruises/injuries, then again maybe not. I just think with all that's going on lately, regarding domestic violence, teams will be pretty damn cautious drafting or signing players in FA with known, proven past issues. maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah, it's hard to say the extent of the entire fight. But I'm sure she wasn't just sitting there, minding her own business, sewing him a new sweater while he came and beat the shit out of here. It takes two to tango and we all know women are emotional nut jobs.

But as your take on drafting a player with such issues, it's definitely a gamble.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't rate any RB in top 15 anymore, regardless of how damn good they "project to the NFL or there past accomplishments in CFB", but that's just me.

Definitely. This Gurley guy is the best I've seen in awhile though. You just can't nitpick him on anything other than the injury. The fact that we saw AP come back and light up the league after his ACL tear makes it worth the gamble to me.

Hell even Frank Gore... Completely blew out his knee, was drafted in the first round and went on to have a solid career.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same for Willis McGahee. now, he wasn't a 1st rounder, as far as my memory goes, but he was more than an average RB during his tenure in the NFL.

:10: agree on Gurley being nearly an AP clone. :nod:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 23 I do not see a top lineman left. And I do not see a guard that rates that high. It's possible a guy slips like Peat but I do not see O-Line as a good value at 23.

The Lions could use a top CB but the only possible CB left as a first round talent is Peters and I am not sure he is 1. still around and
2. Not a head case that the Lions should avoid.

My guess is the Lions will have good choices at either DT or RB. They may get the 3rd or 4th best DT at 23 or they could get the 1st or 2nd best RB. But from everything I read and hear those two positions are deep and the Lions will get a value pick without reaching.

Granted anything can change and depending on pro days guys slide but as of today I can't see a O-Line, CB, or LB worth value at 23 unless the Lions reach.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD, I will respectively disagree with you on not having a top OL possibly being there at #23. Granted these are all possibilities/hypothetical situations. Peat is one who should have stayed in school another year, IMO, but he's one.

OL Peat, Erik Flowers, La'el Collins or even Cameron Irving should all be considered value picks at #23 if they are still there.

There are not as many 3-tech DT's available in this draft. As far as being deep, sure there are quite a few DT's to choose from, just not that many quality DT's that fit a 4-3 base. It gets pretty damn thin after Shelton, Brown, Goldman, Bennett, real quick. Later round picks, 3rd round and beyond, maybe guys like Xavier Cooper, Grady Jarrett, Gabe Wright, Teyler Davison but even those four might be more rotational vs plug and play immediate impact DT's. ALL JMO though.

Xavier Cooper, DT, Washington State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Grady Jarrett, DT, Clemson, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Gabe Wright, DT, Auburn, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Tyeler Davison, DT, Fresno State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Covington is coming off a broken knee-cap. Carl Davis' motor runs hot and cold. Jordon Phillips has minimal starts and had back surgery less than 2 yrs. ago

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she is lyin', he should seriousluh whip huh ass!

Wait,......no......

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for a change of pace RB with speed a la Reggie

AUBURN, Ala. -- Could the NFL Scouting Combine have left a 40-yard-dash champion at home this year?

Auburn running back Corey Grant, regarded as one of the fastest players in the SEC, ran unofficial times of 4.25 and 4.27 at Auburn's pro day Tuesday. Those times were clocked by NFL Media's Mike Mayock, who was on hand for the event.

You can see for yourself one of Grant's sprints.
Auburn's Corey Grant runs blazing 40 times at pro day - NFL.com
Either of the Grant times clocked by Mayock would have been the top time at the combine this year -- and it's coming from a player who wasn't even invited to Indianapolis, although pro-day times tend to run faster than combine times.

BB_72.... this kid originally played at Bama before transferring to Auburn. He does possess the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, even though in very limited duties, returns KO and prefers to jump outside. He's not a 3-down back but might be considered a late (5th-6th rd) 3rd day pick. You've got to keep in mind that now (2014 draftee) Stl Ram RB Tre Mason was ahead of him on the depth chart as was this years 2015 draftee Cameron Artis-Payne also

here's his stats from Auburn
Corey Grant Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Corey Grant Bio - ROLLTIDE.COM - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site

Corey Grant, RB, Auburn, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Last edited: