• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions would've got bashed for whoever they chose.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ okay. I'm defending 1 of Mayhew's picks... 1 of 30+.. wait and see doesn't mean diddly squat, right now.... let's look at whole draft picture... still hate the sumbitch... he better hope, he don't drop the soap....

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, what ya know, Big Blue isn't a kool-aid drinker.......Tread lightly, going against the grain and the homer train becomes tiresome......There's a few of us keeping up the good fight.

Screw Millenhew!!!!!!!

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, what ya know, Big Blue isn't a kool-aid drinker.......Tread lightly, going against the grain and the homer train becomes tiresome......There's a few of us keeping up the good fight.

Screw Millenhew!!!!!!!

My boy Blue is a card carrying member of The Realist Party. It's all good.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew needs to deal Durham to Cleveland.(this seemed like the best place) They have less than one receiver right now, I think. Just cut Greg Little.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boy Blue is a card carrying member of The Realist Party. It's all good.

The Realist Party is gaining ground......I've been a card carrying member for years but keep getting jumped......Toot that horn Realist party!!!!!! Don't be silenced!!!!:laugh3:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on a side note Nathan betta close the show on the road with a W for max.. loved the way Robbie ray come up for 2 games... DD is no dumbask... Fister DL to start season... good thing he went back to Toledo to stay on 5 game pitch vs BP

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew needs to deal Durham to Cleveland.(this seemed like the best place) They have less than one receiver right now, I think. Just cut Greg Little.

Signed Miles Austin and Earl Bennett today... so yep they still have one WR and he may be TE Cameron

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have traded Durham for Little straight-up. Little isn't nearly as big, or as fast, and also has drop problems, but his production has been better so far through his career. His ceiling seems to be as a big-bodied possession WR, but that's not all together a bad thing. I don't think either guy makes the team, so the point is moot, but I still would have made that trade.

If we could get a 7th for Durham I'd be stoked.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have traded Durham for Little straight-up. Little isn't nearly as big, or as fast, and also has drop problems, but his production has been better so far through his career. His ceiling seems to be as a big-bodied possession WR, but that's not all together a bad thing. I don't think either guy makes the team, so the point is moot, but I still would have made that trade.

If we could get a 7th for Durham I'd be stoked.

Meow texted me similar sentiments on Little earlier. I'll say to you what I said to him. "Greg Little fucking sucks!" (Id take that 7th rounder though. It can be from the Broncos, Patriots, Sqwuaks, 9ers or Packers, Ill take it gladly.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do I end up in the middle of a thread I haven't even commented on?

as far as torrey smith and lavonte david. i wasn't calling to draft torrey smith until after Detroit had drafted Titus Young. i just said if they were going to draft a WR, why wouldn't they draft Torrey Smith over Young.

Lavonte David -- I loved him before the draft and counted the picks down in the 2nd round until it got to the Lions. I was convinced (as most Lion fans were with Van Noy this year), that David was going to be the pick, as he filled a need and fit the BPA mold.

with the 10th pick this year -- i wanted to see the Lions trade down and accumulate picks. I think the best player on the board when they picked was Aaron Donald. I thought if you put him next to Suh, they could be extremely disruptive in the middle of the DL. Seeing as the Lions used about 5 seconds of their allotted time to draft Ebron, I'm guessing they weren't expecting anyone to make an offer to trade up.

two other guys i really liked this year who went lower -- Ryan Shazier, who Pitt drafted I believe. I think he will be a lot like David. I also think Darqueze Dennard is going to be very good in Cincy.

as far as Ebron -- I know it is beating a dead horse now, but I just didn't like the pick. If he ran like Vernon Davis -- I could understand drafting him that high. If he was the size of guys like Graham and Gronk -- I could understand drafting him that high. If he was sure handed and caught everything thrown his way -- I could see spending a pick that high.

personally -- unless you are a Jimmy Graham clone -- 6'7" 270 lbs and run a 4.5 -- I would never spend a top 10 pick on the TE position. maybe Ebron will change my mind, as he will every opportunity to do so, as he will never have to worry about being double teamed on the Lions. I just don't see what was so special about him. 4.6 is pretty fast for a TE, but nothing crazy. 6'4" is on the short side for a TE. 32" inch vertical is pedestrian for a TE. The over 11% clip he dropped passes last year is alarming.

I really hope Ebron has a monster year and I am dead wrong on him. With Mayhew's track record with top picks in the 1st round -- There is a great chance I am wrong. In all honesty -- I think he will be a solid player, but I think he will be a 3rd or 4th option in the offense.

So you gave me like 5 names. I said ONE name....since you hated the ebron pick....give me ONE guy you wouldve taken.....they didnt trade back so thats not an option....what ONE guy would you had drafted?

Drafting donald wouldve been dumb....every year we sit here and talk about the next great DT when the draft comes around...next year there will be another great DT....why draft one this yr when we still have fairley and suh....like i said, next yr there will be fans on here drooling over the new great DT prospect...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you keep hearing this because teams rarely ever draft a TE in the 1st 20 picks, let alone a top 10 pick. Couple that with the fact the Lions signed Pettigrew to a contract prior to the year, as well as having a guy like Fauria, who had 7 touchdowns last year, as a rookie. The pick does make you scratch your head.

Since you said you didnt comment on this.....you say this same thing over and over and over and over and......

We get it...you didnt like the pick...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also find it funny NOW you think dennard will be good...BUT when some lions fans like me wanted him last month....you said he wont be very good because he wont get away with playing physical in the NFL...jess sayin.....now they didnt draft him and you change it all up? Weird